MagPul MOE Hand Guards

I think the issue with using a sight on a handguard is that it can rotate, throwing off your aim.

YHM and a couple of other places make flip up sights on a gas block, or you can get one of the picatinny(sp?) rail gas blocks and a *metal* flip up sight. Magpul recommends against using their flips on a gas block because it will melt.

Ok I bought the stuff I need, who wants to help me put it together.

The FSB needs to be drilled. Oh boy.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the delta ring kit, FSB, and the MagPul MOE handguard.

Sorry bud, I had to run out in a mad dash to buy up all the HK33 mags in the area. Everything figured out?

Well I got everything I need, but now need to mount that FSB. It has be drilled, and I have no idea how to tackle that job.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the delta ring assembly, MagPul MOE handguard, and the "F" marked FSB. Now need to install it. [laugh]

For reference this is 16" total length barrel. M4 with what will be a carbine gas system. 10" handguards go over the gas block and allow for a flip up sight to be mounted. I have a magpul front sight going on. They are free flat handguards with its own barrel nut

View attachment 52180

Just to confirm what you mean by: 16" total length barrel.

Are you using a 14.5" barrel with a Muzzle Break for a total of 16" OAL ?

I think he was thinking a non free float. Some move around so your sights go out of wack all the time.

Can't pic between the moe or American built arms .

tedazy3u.jpg

Vs
yqyjy2e4.jpg
(but the model with the rail)

Last edited:
Just need to get this FSB mounted and get a BCG and this 2nd build will be done.

I got some info where to get the FSB installed, and will be calling on Monday to see the cost.

the MOE hand guards are excellent, you need a standard FSB and the handguard retainer, and of course the barrel nut/delta ring assembly. And you need to get a carbine length hand guard, the middy or rifle length will not fit your carbine gas system.

Back
Top Bottom