Malware pop up warning

Boghog1

NES Member
Going into page
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/182709-Another-gun-shop-owner-fudd?highlight=fudd
I get a warning saying malware

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.northeastshooters.com.
Content from www.funnyjunk.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion

I'm getting on the Funny Pictures Megathread page. Somewhere between post 5720 and 5761. My warning says:

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.northeastshooters.com.
Content from img.izismile.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

It sounds like only Chrome warning about it. If you don't forward all your sites to google for inspection, you won't get the popup. I'm guessing the others choose to share everything with google.

You can't seriously believe that Google doesn't already know everything it cares to about you... can you...?

Depends who you ask. Me? They know almost my entire life since I use an android phone. For someone using firefox for a browser, their own pop email, and one of the many "less-creepy" search engines out there, I'm sure they are missing some details.

Funnyjunk says " Malware warning issue: Sorry, we're working on this. The ads provider did supply bad ads that got our site to Google Chrome blacklist. "

So inline'd images from Funnyjunk are NOT a malware risk, never were.

Back
Top Bottom