• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man has License revoked after showing LTC to kids principal during discussion.

this is undoubtedly overreaction.

however, the doctrine of Massprudence would suggest to never mention guns or ANY gun related topics in ANY conversation for ANY reason (unless it's in a gun shop or gun club)

every time a friend gets his LTC, the first thing i tell them is "congrats now never ever ever talk about it with anyone"

Showing your LTC in mass counts as a threat.. How many times have you accidentally almost handed your LTC to someone as an ID? I think the issue was that he was in a heated discussion. Also school. Also, super liberal principal who needed the ultimate one up.

I live in Arlington and the Superintendent just sent this e-mail (the incident happened at a different elementary than where my kids go).

PRESS RELEASE

Today, I had two very productive meetings and dialog sessions with Stratton School parents, faculty and staff that were focused on the events of last week, in which a school parent was ordered not to return to school grounds after displaying a gun permit during an argument with Principal Hanna at an after-school meeting on June 4.

"Last week's incident and the dialog we have had with parents have brought two very important issues to the forefront: First, we always need to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep our children safe. Second, we need to ensure proper communication between the schools and parents.

"In reviewing this incident and other incidents that have taken place in our schools, we firmly believe that our children are safe in the Arlington Public Schools. However, if we do not properly communicate, even once, with our school parents, they will not feel safe, regardless of our physical security measures.

"With that in mind, I have ordered a thorough review and revamp of Arlington Public Schools incident notification procedures and protocols.

"We have an emergency communications system in place in the event of a major emergency, but we need to remove the gray area when it comes to notifying the community about events that happen after school or that do not involve direct threats and violence, as well as events that require police involvement.

"These procedures will be updated immediately, and a formal program will be up and running before the start of the next school year.

"We will also review our chain of command procedures to ensure that there is no break in continuity of communication if a school leader or school system administrator is away. This incident occurred while I was out of state for a family function, but that should be no excuse for a lack of proper communication. We will develop a black-and-white set of rules and a culture of 'when in doubt, notify' when it comes to communication.

"We will also continue to discuss with our teachers and parents ways to talk to their children about what happened last Wednesday, so that our children feel safe and secure at school as well.

"I will continue to meet and discuss this situation with our parents, faculty, and staff. I will also schedule an evening forum for working parents to bring their concerns and questions to school system administration directly.

"I thank you for your work and your continued support of the children of Arlington."

F**k them. Over reaction is not even close to describing this tools reaction.

And shame on the Arlington PD for their overreaction as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have flash my LTC to TSA agent @ Logan. Nothing happen to me. I got the look and ask promptly that I need driver license as a valid ID.

How can someone get heat from flashing a non-valid ID? This applied to 7-eleven clerk said military ID is not a valid ID.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
This is a slightly different view of the situation. It paints the father as a not so nice person. I wish there was a way to concatenate all the articles by source on the same incident into one discussion thread. Maybe then, us NES'ers would have more ammo to go after the anti-2A folks when they throw this at us.

Ask a mod to join the threads.

!!! I DON'T GET IT !!!! AHHHHH why are people so dumb !!!!

Any non-citizen or Level 3 offender can get a Driver's License or Identification Card from the RMV/DMV. The LTC says "MASSACHUSETTS" (or other state) on the freak'n top !!! It has a Photo and address !!! How is it not valid !!!! OMG !!! [angry] [angry] [angry]

!!! I DON'T GET IT !!!! AHHHHH why are people so dumb !!!!

Any non-citizen or Level 3 offender can get a Driver's License or Identification Card from the RMV/DMV. The LTC says "MASSACHUSETTS" (or other state) on the freak'n top !!! It has a Photo and address !!! How is it not valid !!!! OMG !!! [angry] [angry] [angry]

By policy. The same way a drivers license becomes invalid for ID if expired, because you stop being you.

Think of it as an internal passport - it must be the specified document an unexpired.

Huh. I've produced my CT permit as ID on several and many occasions - mainly because it was handier and easier to remove from my wallet - and never had a negative reaction. (In fact, I've had several very positive conversations as a result.) And I have a hard time believing CT is that much more reasonable than MA.

Maybe I'm just hanging with the "wrong" crowd?

This story is such BS! What if the guy showed his drivers license? Would he get that revoked and his car surrendered? What is the threat by showing a LTC? Does that translate into a threat of being shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is the element out there that gets LTC and wants to show it to everyone. Nothing good can come from it
I recommend that persons keep ALL LTCs from any jurisdiction completely out of view from the "open wallet" position. Many people consider it their "favorite card" and like to put it on top where they can see it. The problem is so can people behind you in line at the store when you pay, any govt official you show your papers (driving) to, etc.

One cop I know got hassled because a NY trooper saw the top edge of his CT carry permit. The interrogation about guns in the car stopped only after he showed his police credentials. If he did not have the permit "on display", it would have been a completely uneventful traffic stop.

And, if you loan out your car to someone who needs reading glasses, don't leave an FFL in your glove compartment. The driver might accidentally hand that to a Framingham cop instead of a registration [smile]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ol-principal-over-sons-despicable-me-drawing/

There are many ways this dude could have done this better. But.. Seriously? Overreact much?
I read the article. It mentioned firearms license. Did not mention if the license was a "may issue" LTC or a "shall issue" FID. He only had a hunting rifle, so I am thinking FID. If that is the case, he should be getting it back ASAP, along with reimbursement of any legal fees necessary to do so. If it was a LTC, he is screwed.

Showing your LTC in mass counts as a threat.. How many times have you accidentally almost handed your LTC to someone as an ID? I think the issue was that he was in a heated discussion. Also school. Also, super liberal principal who needed the ultimate one up.

Sorry to bring this up again but I am really struggling with this one, so let me get this straight showing a State Issued form of ID in this case a LTC or FID is a form of threat, that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard, so why is the state not held accountable, they are the source of they ID to begin with.

Dean

PS: sorry for living under a rock, that is all I can afford right now.

let me get this straight showing a State Issued form of ID in this case a LTC or FID is a form of threat

It all depends on the context.

"I have a gun" can be a simple declarative statement with no threatening connotation, or it can be a direct threat - it all depends on how and where it is said.

A huge part of determining if something is a threat, particularly where due process is not involved, is "did the person FEEL threatened?".

"During that discussion I compared my legally owned license to carry firearms with the picture that my son drew,” Goodwin told WBZ.

Why the hell would you do this?

It all depends on the context.

"I have a gun" can be a simple declarative statement with no threatening connotation, or it can be a direct threat - it all depends on how and where it is said.

A huge part of determining if something is a threat, particularly where due process is not involved, is "did the person FEEL threatened?".

It still very disturbing since a LTC, is they ultimate form of saying I am an honest law abiding citizen, something that what 20% at best of the population, would be eligible for even if they wanted one.

Dean

PS: Thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom