Man has License revoked after showing LTC to kids principal during discussion.

"During that discussion I compared my legally owned license to carry firearms with the picture that my son drew,” Goodwin told WBZ.

Why the hell would you do this?

Obviously to be threatening. But that is besides the point. Any rational person can see the obscene overreaction to all of this. The fact that Flipside was being a toolbag is irrelevant.

If the guy wanted to make the point that he had particular knowledge of the difference between a d*ck and a gun, he could have dropped his pants for the principal instead of reaching for his LTC.

Someone told me they heard that the guy didn't show his LTC to the principal . He showed his NRA member card ! BIG difference !
The principal didn't know the difference or he's lying
The reason he showed his NRA card is because the NRA symbol is what his kid was drawing and that got the kid in trouble .

Don't believe the news media ! It's mostly propaganda (not news) and liberal biased spin .
They are trying to make you think the guy is a nut job and a dangerous threat . He's probably not the sharpest tool in the shed but I doubt he's the danger the media wants you to believe .
BTW , the only gun confiscated and the only gun he had was a bolt action 22

Obviously to be threatening. But that is besides the point. Any rational person can see the obscene overreaction to all of this. The fact that Flipside was being a toolbag is irrelevant.

It seems that he brought the issue of guns into this conversation. You can say it is an over-reaction and that he is a tool bag is irrelevant, but his attitude is directly relevant to the case. I still don't get why he would bring up gun ownership other than as a threat. Why else would you go there?

"During that discussion I compared my legally owned license to carry firearms with the picture that my son drew,” Goodwin told WBZ.

Why the hell would you do this?

There are actually some people (gun owners) in this state - and not necessarily just flaming liberals - who believe the "nobody is trying to take your guns" mantra, and if you try to tell them that this state is hostile to gun owners they will absolutely refuse to consider the possibility. Sure, there might be a few silly laws, but they don't/haven't affected them. They haven't been hurt by the laws, the police are always their friends, and the government is there to serve the people - the notion that they could become a victim to any of this is so remotely outside their experience as to be unthinkable. Some people are just that oblivious and are all too happy to keep their rose colored glasses on.

UPDATE. The Arlington school superintendent just sent out this message to parents in the school district. TL;DR - the charges were dropped because there was no probable cause.

Arlington School Superintendent said:
Dear Parents/Guardians,

As a follow-up to the incident at Stratton two weeks ago, I wanted you to be aware that there was a hearing today before a Clerk Magistrate in the Cambridge District Court for a show cause hearing related to the incident. We have been informed that the application for the criminal complaint has been denied because of the finding that there was no probable cause, essentially the charge was dismissed.

As this incident demonstrated, the School Department and Arlington Police work together closely. I appreciate and thank them for their assistance and support.

Our concern from the beginning was that the students and staff at Stratton were and remain safe - and we are assured that this has been the case.

REAL question is: Does the (formerly) accused have his license and property back?

HA!

(OK, maybe he does maybe he doesn't, but my first reaction caused me to spit coffee all over my netbook)

SO this would be a great poll: How long before he gets his license back

1. ASAP
  2. A Few Weeks
  3. A Few Months
  4. After He Hires A Lawyer And Goes Through An Herculean Effort And Dowd Has Already Sold His Guns
  5. Never

Most of you guys are not picking up some details of the story.

The son was drawing despicable me characters shooting guns at each other that principal thought looked like dicks. The principal then told the dad.

The dad said those arent dicks. They are guns.

The principal replied both are one in the same.

That's when the dad pulled out his gun license and said i know the difference between a dick and a gun.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Reminds me of NESers...trying to use their LTC as an ID to the cute girl at the Pharmacy and getting butthurt they refuse it.

But the same NESer goes to a gunshop and gets all butthurt he's asked for his LTC.

Like WTF OVER!

Rofl.

Back
Top Bottom