Manchester, NH- January 8th and 9th

Looking forward to our second show in Manchester, NH and very special "Thank You" to all who came out and supported us. We really enjoyed meeting everybody who stopped by the Appalachian Ammo table.

Jeff Holt - President
Appalachian Ammunition, Inc.
[email protected]

Last edited:
The Radisson in downtown Manchester... you can't miss it. I think it's 700 elm st. When driving up elm street off the highway, you will see a parking garage on the left, go in there.. then take the stairs or elevator up to the convention hall. And yes, you will have to pay for parking on the way out, but I think it's inexpensive. They used to even validate, but I don't think they do that anymore (I remember paying $3 for parking there once, but that was years ago)... I think it was like 5 or 6 bucks last time.

-Mike

The Radisson in downtown Manchester... you can't miss it. I think it's 700 elm st. When driving up elm street off the highway, you will see a parking garage on the left, go in there.. then take the stairs or elevator up to the convention hall. And yes, you will have to pay for parking on the way out, but I think it's inexpensive. They used to even validate, but I don't think they do that anymore (I remember paying $3 for parking there once, but that was years ago)... I think it was like 5 or 6 bucks last time.

-Mike

They did validate parking at the last show. Its worth going to just to beat the sales tax in Ma.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Street parking on the weekend is free for what it's worth and there is PLENTY in the area. That reminds me... I need to pick up bullets, powder and primers while I'm there...

Fitz

My son and I are going i need to pick up some reloading supplies , a fex boxes of gp11, and i want to find an ar upper and lower for a winter build. My son wants to find some mods for his 10/22 he is looking to make a tatical sniper looking rifle. He is only 12 and allready wanting to tinker maybe i will get a couple lowers and uppers and start him on his first ar build and we can work on them together that would make for some great memories

-Mike

I went last winter and it was $5 to get out, and I didn't see anything for validating. If you go, look for Manchester Firing Line's booth (goes by Jim here on the forums) if you want good prices on regularly available ammo.

Street parking on the weekend is free for what it's worth and there is PLENTY in the area. That reminds me... I need to pick up bullets, powder and primers while I'm there...

Fitz

second that. always street parking if you check out the streets behind the Raddisson, like along Canal street. Or even heading farther up past the Raddisson, plenty of parking along the side streets.

My plan is to head that way also. Being a "newbie" here on the forum and to the gun show world, what should I expect? Looking for a tactical light for my M&P and plenty of range/plinking ammo and whatever else looks interesting.

Are the shows comparable to stuff that is avail locally and online as far as cost goes?

The cost varies by the vendor i was shopping for 4.45 x 39 and 7.5 swiss at the last show and prices on the same boxes of ammo where all over the place (for example wolf military classic 5.45 went from $4.25 a box to $10.00) but i did find great deals on both. what i do is i quickly browse the whole show taking mental notes on my items of interest then I go back and buy from the venders with the best deals. After i get what i came for i will take my time and walk the show again to check everything out.

My plan is to head that way also. Being a "newbie" here on the forum and to the gun show world, what should I expect? Looking for a tactical light for my M&P and plenty of range/plinking ammo and whatever else looks interesting.

Are the shows comparable to stuff that is avail locally and online as far as cost goes?

You can get good deals, but you have to know what you are looking for.

My suggestion would be to work up a list of things you are looking for - and write down prices. Then you can compare the prices on the list to what you see at the show.

The Manchester show last year was pretty good - I'm planning on going to this one.

Is this show better than say Marlboro?

Also, not to sidetrack things, but I always wondered about payment at gun shows. I've never purchased a firearm at a show - no particular reason, just never have. What is the protocol for payment? Is it stictly a cash only understanding? Are checks just not ok? The reason I ask is I never want to take out a bunch of cash for a show only because I don't enjoy having that much cash on me and possibly losing it, but I understand that many (and some of the better) dealers are small hobbyists that don't take plastic. How have you handled transactions?

Thanks!

did anyone notice if any WW2 military surplus merchants were there last year? and as a Mass Resident can i buy a handgun or a long gun while im there?

You can buy long guns there but you must fill out and file the FA10 form yourself. You can arrange for handguns to be shipped to a MA FFL for transfer (total PIA IMO).

EDIT: If State Line (Mason, NH) is there they work with an FFL in Shirley, MA that charges $25 for a transfer.

did anyone notice if any WW2 military surplus merchants were there last year? and as a Mass Resident can i buy a handgun or a long gun while im there?

Last edited:
But any handguns must be on EOPS List and AG Regs compliant (or exempt) in order for a MA Dealer to make that transfer to you. If you have a C&R FFL and find a C&R eligible handgun at the show, you can buy it (cash 'n carry) and do the FA-10 when you get home to MA.

Is this show better than say Marlboro?

Also, not to sidetrack things, but I always wondered about payment at gun shows. I've never purchased a firearm at a show - no particular reason, just never have. What is the protocol for payment? Is it stictly a cash only understanding? Are checks just not ok? The reason I ask is I never want to take out a bunch of cash for a show only because I don't enjoy having that much cash on me and possibly losing it, but I understand that many (and some of the better) dealers are small hobbyists that don't take plastic. How have you handled transactions?

Thanks!

Cash is king. Some take plastic, albeit often at a slightly higher rate. Some might take checks if they know you or they have one of those systems to verify checks, but I wouldn't count on it.

-Mike

You can buy long guns there but you must fill out and file the FA10 form yourself. You can arrange for handguns to be shipped to a MA FFL for transfer (total PIA IMO).

Yes, but buyers should be aware of MA laws regardless- some sellers there might not care, and many of them are more restrictive than the law requires. If you run into the latter, best not argue with them, they won't care. [laugh]

EDIT: If State Line (Mason, NH) is there they work with an FFL in Shirley, MA that charges $25 for a transfer.

Not the best way, as they will nail you on the sales tax when the gun comes into MA, apparently. So it's more like $56 and change for a transfer on a $500 firearm.

-Mike

Thanks for the Advice.....i hope there is a large turn out, im going to go and try to drag some friends.....i hope there are some WW2 stuff there

Collectors Firearms from Pelham should be there, and he also has a shop in Chelmsford MA.

Back
Top Bottom