Manchester, NH- January 8th and 9th

you will need to be sure its AWB compliant. Many will have flash hiders or compensators that are not pinned and/or bayonet lugs. Some of the border gun shops will MAssify them for you for a small fee (State Line is one that will).

I am thinking about picking up a ak, is it worth the problem to bring one back to ma from the show, or should I pick one up locally?

you will need to be sure its AWB compliant. Many will have flash hiders or compensators that are not pinnd and/or bayonet lugs. Some of the border gun shops will MAssify them for you for a small fee (State Line is one that will).

Will I save any money getting it there? I have seen 450 to 600 depending on quality locally (nos military issue to a nicer civilian model in the 600 range)

I would love to pick up a Arsenal AK variant, but I don't believe they have a MA compliant model anymore.

I bought an Arsenal AK from State Line a year or so ago. They had to Massify it for me by pinning the muzzle brake and grinding off the bayo lug. You won't get this done at the show.

Any chance any vendors will have a good selection of AR parts?

Umlaut arms usually shows up with a ton of AR accessories, magpul stuff, BUIS sets, mounts, etc...

There are usually at least a few that have other stuff around. Wouldn't be hard to find something you wanted, unless it was a specialty item like a high brow trigger or whatever.

-Mike

Would I be better off going to the show and trying to get a complete upper or do a Mail order through Delton, trying to keep the parts except for the lower under $600

Cool, thanks for the AR info.

I need the parts to finish out a stripped lower so I'll try to head up there. Hopefully AT&T has good reception there so I can check prices.

Would I be better off going to the show and trying to get a complete upper or do a Mail order through Delton, trying to keep the parts except for the lower under $600

You will find deals at a gun show you won't find (easily) online - unless you search sites like Gunbroker.

At last years' show the guy I went with got a sweet deal on a Ruger SR-556 - from a dealer who claimed he had an inside line on Ruger demo models. This was at a time when the SR-556's were tough to get.

You have to know what you are looking for - and spend some time looking around and asking questions.

I was trying to remember that name - yes, Umlaut was there at the last show.

By the way, for anyone that has visited Umlaut Industries store in Concord, he recently moved (last couple of weeks) and is now at

30 Henniker Street
No. 9
Concord, NH 03301

I almost made the mistake of driving to the old location (which is probably close to 25 minutes away).

Has anyone heard anything on MFL's show specials? They usually have some nice deals and Jim has posted them here in advance before, but I haven't seen anything this time around.

Are there any ammo vendors there that are worth checking out? Hopefully one besides the usual NY guys.

Are there any ammo vendors there that are worth checking out? Hopefully one besides the usual NY guys.

Haven't been to Manchester in a very long time, but at NH shows, many vendors sell some ammo as well as guns. It's only at the Big E, that they restrict sellers from selling ammo so you only end up with 1 or 2 dealers in the tent.

It's luck of the draw, really, it all depends on who shows up. If the one offs show up, a lot of them have good deals. Also watch for the guys that are selling more than ammo but don't have it as their primary goods. There was this one guy at Manchester one year who was selling a lot of odds and ends and powder, and he had cases of Wolf under the table for like $50+ less than anyone else at the show was selling them.

-Mike

HEADS UP GUYS! there's a Monster Jam event Sat and Sun at the arena across the intersection from the Raddison so parking at the garage might be tight. (do they raise parking rates during arena events?)
Something to keep in mind.

I know 'cause Santa brought my son tix for the monster truck event for Christmas. ;) Just worked out that we'll now get there extra early to hit the show.

I'm there, pretty decent line waiting to get in. Thanks for the tips on the free street parking on Saturdays!

Rolled through this morning. Decent turnout to get in at 9 but the line moved quickly. Small pistol primers were $35 per 1,000 compared to $30... There was a gentleman down back who had 125 grain 9mm reloads for $11.50 for 50 rounds... cheapest I've ever seen them.. Picked up some cleaning supplies.

If I'm in the neighborhood tomorrow I may stop back in to see if the prices come down any.

Fitz

My gauge of prices are all screwy because I'm used to California prices, but did go ahead and pick up a couple of Beretta 92 15-rd mags, reloading supplies, and a couple of nice ammo cans. Great introduction to New Hampshire.

-Jason

Back
Top Bottom