Manchester, NH- January 8th and 9th

I got in line a little past 9am after seeing DrGrant, Underwhere and Hanwei.

I ended up with some AR parts, some Privi 62gr .223 and some .45. The NY guys actually had a few very good deals on ammo like a case of 124gr 9mm AE for a little over $200.

I didn't leave empty handed and pretty happy. Found something and made a deal for ~$100 less than I'd seen it go for on auction sites with free box of ammo and a case thrown in to boot. Not having to pay shipping, transfer, or sales tax on top of it definitely was worth the $8 admission and the drive.

I also felt like I was in Florida again, missed that feeling after all this time in Mass.

It was a good show...same per the norm for a Diprete show,I left empty handed as I'm broke atm.

Last edited:
If you live in ma, Can you purchase and take home along gun without going through an ffl?
How would you pay the tax?

I'm going to try to make it tomorrow a.m. and hopefully get a few deals...or at least do some looking around. So is it open at 9 or 10 a.m.?

great deals

Picked up a STEAL. An all matching Remington Mosin Nagant for $300. Golden Tiger 7.62x39 per 1000 rounds $150. 500 rounds of federal 556 on stripper clips for $150
Picked up 2 cases of each. Scored a case, 1000 rounds of Egyptian made brass cased 7.62x54R for $155. All in all it was a GREAT day. And I still have tomorrow to buy whats left over.[smile]

I found a NIB Savage 220 20 ga slug gun for $475.

Not bad considering NOBODY has them in stock and they are going for $75 more on GunBroker.

I was a bit bummed to pay $5 to get out of the parking garage, but such is life. Got a remanufactured Crosman 1377 pellet gun (for basement practice), for less than new at Walmart (including admission and parking); but struck out on what I really wanted: a 22lr rifle for a lefty, preferably (well) used. But fun digging around just the same.

Anyone know if our $8 gets us in tomorrow? Not that it matters, am just curious.

Thanks,
Fitz

I didn't get a receipt, just the hand stamp. Don't wash your hands, and wait until 10 to go in. ;)

Sorry, I honestly don't know the proper answer.

found ridiculous prices on hi-power mags... $45 or $25 for one rusted all to hell. nah, not interested. couldn't find anything that would work with my P3AT, either.

people have mentioned the NY ammo guys... golden tiger 7.62x39 for $4/box among some other good prices. i wasn't there to buy ammo though.

left with an AR RIS, a sling, and a troy vfg. i almost bought a M1 carbine with a refinished stock for $390 but i don't know anything about M1s so i passed. i very well could have dodged a bullet or just plain missed a sick deal. if the latter and someone here gets it... you're welcome. there were piles of MA-OK saigas, a few AK variants, and ARs if you want a rifle up there. i was stopped in my effort to buy a gun again when i couldn't find a .357 lever gun.

Got there 10:30ish and while no line getting in, the place was too crowded and full of idiots that stop and chit-chat in the worst places. Ya wanna gossip with ya buddy, go to an area where the crowd isn't trying to be. Lots of gawkers too. For the most part I, everything I stopped to look at was over-priced. A single Ruger #1 was priced darn good but wrong chambering for me (.416 Rigby). Learned that evidently if you take $400 worth of parts and put 'em together it equals a $600 gun. Hadn't been to this show in a couple years and don't see myself going back as it more of a knife show than a gun show. Did get a chance to chat with my brother which was good though - my Competitor barrels will be on order as of tonight. :) Gave some time to kill until I took my son to the monster truck show across the street. :)

I always space this show out and should have made plans to carpool up there today with someone. I might wind up going tomorrow if I can find a traveling partner, depends on the weather we're supposed to be getting tonight here in the southeast.

Just got back. Not many bargains IMO.
Reloading supplies were same price I can get at any NH store. Some primers were even more.
I did find a preban/not dated AR-15 / 20 rd. mag for $8.00 .
On the way out, Reiley's booth had .223 american eagle 55gr. fmj Boat-tail, Brass casing for $150 per case [grin] also got a few boxes of .380 for my wife.

My 1st gun show. I think I'll try the Marlborough show when that comes around.

I went and did not buy anything , still reeling from the P1 purchase and Christmas....... I did get to meet 50BMG, Firewall99, HTRN and Nodaduma . That in itself was worth the trip. Looked for but DrGrant we missed each other.. better luck next time. My wife came with me and really enjoyed looking at the stuff . (her first show in a decade since we lived in PA). She wasn't ready to leave and told me we had to go back because we missed a couple tables....... but we had places to be....... This is why I married this woman!!!

Usual show, but still fun to walk around. As usual, every time I priced something (compared to online vendor prices) it was too high to bother. Oh, well.

My biggest objective was to find some spare mags for a Radom VIS-35 (9mm) and Unique Rr-51 (.32 ACP) - no luck in both cases.

Sales were down from the fall show last October.
I suspect it was the same for most dealers though.We had repeat customers on Saturday and a busy spurt on Sunday.
Our 9mm 115gn bonded hp sold very well and we moved some of our .44 mag and .44 special. The .380 Auto seems to do well in Manchester also. I thought the .357 mag might have sold a little stronger.

Appalachian Ammo will be rolling out some .41 Magnum and some .32 H&R Magnum a little later on this winter/early spring. Some 45-70 is in the pipeline as well. We'll be in Waterville this coming weekend at Champions..

Last edited:
Yes the bootlegger is a .158gn XTP-HP. A very able defensive or varmint round. I believe I loaded that with a premium low-flash powder.
Nancy (and I) appreciate your kind words. She's management(the brains of the outfit) and my better half.

Back
Top Bottom