• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show Sept 21 and 22

Do you think the prices have gone down recently?
Looking to possibly stock up on some ammo.
Thoughts?

I sort of assumed that. I knew that stock has been going up and prices have been coming down in the last couple of months. I didn't know if that would translate to the show.

You might be able to locate decent prices on ammo there, but don't bank on it. At the show in Concord there were people trying to sell ammo at inflated prices. I don't care that they purchased it when prices were high, they're not now. Depending on the turnout, you MIGHT be able to pick up a firearm at non-retarded prices. Again, don't bank on it. Do your research ahead of time to see what you can get the items you're looking for elsewhere.

generally Marlboro gun-show IS NOT a place to find good priced ammo or anything for that matter. at least i wasn't able to. all i could see is overpriced guns. 450 dollar saigas when they were sold left and right for 299+transfer, 1200 surplus SVT that in same condition sells on gun-raper auction for 250-300 less. don't know about HG and knives - not into that stuff, maybe that is different although i really doubt it. even in better days (read before sandy hook) ammo there was usually overpriced by about 15-20%. it's just not worth my time going there in hopes i'll find something interesting or see a good deal. i stopped going there 2 years ago.
when wolf .223 was selling in 1000rnds bulks for about 20 c/r cheapest i saw at the show was 23 c/r and guy wanted me to pay 3.5% CC fee and MA tax on it too. none of that was not included in the price so i kept walking. i'm spoiled by 20c/r ammo prices so i might be not a best adviser. [smile]

only thing marlboro show is for is that guy with the long table usually near the back wal who sells 'pre-ban' ar-15 mags and other AR odds and ends.

Last edited:
what ammo are you lookin for. I can most likely tell you where to et what you want at good prices. other then .22 still arent seeing that. but 5.56/.223, 7.62x39, 9mm I can all find reguarly

I go to as many shows as I can get to usually within reason.
I always try to go to the Marlborough show and I love the show at Shrinners.
The simple reason is that I really and truly love guns, I love shooting and collecting as well as building and learning.
Where else but a show can you actually look at as many different guns and all different types of acceseries and all under one roof.
I also love speaking to all the different people who like what I like and share ideas and thoughts on things both new and old.
As for prices, well I have had good and bad but it can't be the only reason to go or not go or you are all missing the point.
Most of the people who complain the most and skip the shows will be the first ones to ask what happened to the shows if and when they ever stop.

Since Marlboro usually has the guys from New York its a crap shoot as to what they will set their prices at. I usually buy bulk ammo in New Hampshire , no sales tax!!!

What has dried up lately is 7.62x54R so prices have gone insane. I reload 7.62x54R for some of my Finn rifles and find buying Prvi new production can be reasonable. I picked up 5 boxes at Riley s for $13.50 a box. The Concord show the cheapest I saw it was 23 bucks a box!!!

Gunshows are fun to just go look around. Sometimes you will find something sometimes not. Yes some dealers want way to much for some firearms but just look and move on.

Stop by the Stoney Acres tables and say Hi.

I go to as many shows as I can get to usually within reason.
I always try to go to the Marlborough show and I love the show at Shrinners.
The simple reason is that I really and truly love guns, I love shooting and collecting as well as building and learning.
Where else but a show can you actually look at as many different guns and all different types of acceseries and all under one roof.
I also love speaking to all the different people who like what I like and share ideas and thoughts on things both new and old.
As for prices, well I have had good and bad but it can't be the only reason to go or not go or you are all missing the point.
Most of the people who complain the most and skip the shows will be the first ones to ask what happened to the shows if and when they ever stop.

Well said

Did they have any mosins there last year in looking to get one just don't want a 300 model

check out Ephesian Arms in fall river. was in last week and saw one on the wall (didn't look at price though). I think ZHA in Easton has a few left as well in the $200 range....

or you can get a C&R and get them shipped directly to your house for $100:)

I need to stop showering now so that I'm properly prepared for the show this weekend.

Even if you could save a couple of bucks is it really worth walking a mile from your care and then waiting an hour in the rain to get in to see picked over high priced stuff?

Back
Top Bottom