Marlboro Gun Show Sept 21 and 22

If you look at gun shows as a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment, you'll never be disappointed. If you happen to find something you need at a reasonable price, that's just gravy.

Yep. Pretty much what I do when I go. I'll go to this one as I want to handle a few handguns to see how they fit in my hand. After that I'll look elsewhere to buy. Prices there are always out of control even before the inflation started.

I was thinking about going to this however I've never been to a gun show before. Can I carry inside or are they going to check you at the door? Also do most vendors accept credit cards or am I expected to carry lots of cash for if I see an overpriced gun that I just can't leave behind?

Last edited:
[laugh]

also, Newy, no carrying into the show. you can bring your gun if you want to show it off but it you cannot bring ammunition with it and they will usually lock it or something.

Hmm. I carried there a few years ago,,, but that was a few years ago. Before Newton and Aurora. But no one said or saw anything.

every show i have gone to (within the past 2-3 years) has asked if you were carrying, i have seen people bring guns in for the purposes of selling or fitting mags, yadda yadda, but it was my understanding that carrying is a no-no. i suppose if you did not tell them...but they always asked me...

i have never been to this specific show. i am going on sunday, but i have only been in concord (everett arena and bektash shrine) and at the shriners in wilmington.

ok so i just checked with the BF who has been to the marlboro show. he says no carrying, but they do not frisk you. they do ask if you are carrying, and there are police there, sooo if you lie and get caught you probably could get arrested and charged with trespassing (seems silly at a gun show...)

Thanks. Any ideas on what type of payments do vendors usually take? I have no idea what to expect but buy a few nice handguns or rifles and can add up and I usually prefer not to carry a ton of cash.

every show i have gone to (within the past 2-3 years) has asked if you were carrying, i have seen people bring guns in for the purposes of selling or fitting mags, yadda yadda, but it was my understanding that carrying is a no-no. i suppose if you did not tell them...but they always asked me...

i have never been to this specific show. i am going on sunday, but i have only been in concord (everett arena and bektash shrine) and at the shriners in wilmington.

ok so i just checked with the BF who has been to the marlboro show. he says no carrying, but they do not frisk you. they do ask if you are carrying, and there are police there, sooo if you lie and get caught you probably could get arrested and charged with trespassing (seems silly at a gun show...)

the ones that have actual storefronts can typically take cards. cash is best, usually there is an ATM available.

the old dudes who bring the boxes-o-holsters and bin-o-gunparts wont be tech savvy enough to do cards, but a few of the start-ups might have the ability on their smartphones. cash is easier, and typically "tax is included in the price" *wink wink, nudge nudge*

checks are for old ladies, don't even bother trying to write a check.

Bring cash. You have to bring cash to pay to get in. If you are in this hobby, you know it's expensive. Why run up credit card debt for what is NOT necessary. Cash talks too! You can usually get a dealer interested in talking to you if you are willing pay with cash. Don't ask for a discounted price if you are then going to try to hand over your credit card. There is an ATM in the show, but if it's busy, expect it to be empty by noon. For what you pay in ATM fees, it would probably be less than credit card percentage when you don't pay your balance each month.

Bring cash. You have to bring cash to pay to get in. If you are in this hobby, you know it's expensive. Why run up credit card debt for what is NOT necessary. Cash talks too! You can usually get a dealer interested in talking to you if you are willing pay with cash. Don't ask for a discounted price if you are then going to try to hand over your credit card. There is an ATM in the show, but if it's busy, expect it to be empty by noon. For what you pay in ATM fees, it would probably be less than credit card percentage when you don't pay your balance each month.

What's this "credit card debt" you speak of? I've had ccs since about the time they first started issuing them (mid-1960s IIRC) and never ever ran up any credit card debt and these days I use them for everything possible. If you can't manage money/credit cards you should not be in the firearms game, it's expensive and can run you to financial ruin if you have no self control . . . and I'm serious about this! [Most dealers at the shows will charge you the same price cash/credit.]

I will agree that bartering with cash goes a long way vs. paying with cc, but unless someone is willing to give me a cash discount (sometimes but rarely happens) thanks I'll pay by cc and let them eat the 2-3%.

Can you bring bags in to hold items that you bought? Also searching online I guess it's common for people to bring in collapsible dollies for purchasing a lot of ammo and etc, anyone done this before at the Marlboro Gun Show/are they okay with it?

i typically bring a messenger bag with me to carry any loot i buy. be prepared to have them look inside. they might not, but be prepared anyways. as far as dollies go.. i have not done this but i would probably just leave it in the car until you've set up the purchase, so people are not tripping over it or getting smacked in the back of their feet

What's this "credit card debt" you speak of? I've had ccs since about the time they first started issuing them (mid-1960s IIRC) and never ever ran up any credit card debt and these days I use them for everything possible. If you can't manage money/credit cards you should not be in the firearms game, it's expensive and can run you to financial ruin if you have no self control . . . and I'm serious about this! [Most dealers at the shows will charge you the same price cash/credit.]

I will agree that bartering with cash goes a long way vs. paying with cc, but unless someone is willing to give me a cash discount (sometimes but rarely happens) thanks I'll pay by cc and let them eat the 2-3%.

^ This

[laugh]

also, Newy, no carrying into the show. you can bring your gun if you want to show it off but it you cannot bring ammunition with it and they will usually lock it or something.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, concealed means concealed. Nobody needs to know you're carrying. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Looking forward to tomorrow. This kicks off gun show season.

I'll be there in the morning and will sign autographs, pose for pictures for a small fee.

Stopped by on the way to the Big E at 9:30am. Doors opened at 9:00am and the line is out and around the parking lot. I'll be making my stop tomorrow instead.
e9u7ahyh.jpg
eturabu4.jpg
yhagepyh.jpg
a5e9eby7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom