Marlboro Sept. 20 & 21

I am but it's weird, I walk out of every show saying I am going to skip the next one but I still go back. What time in the morning do you need to get there to be close to entrance?

I think I'll be there on Saturday. It would be nice to see what prices will look like now that there is a ton of product out there, and with the mass hording starting to die down. Maybe some competitive prices, maybe.

Dammit. Everytime this show comes to MRL, I have something else going on! Uhhh. Will try to make the winter show.

Going, friend is getting a table so I get to go in early. hopefully it will be warm enough to ride the bike down,,

I am but it's weird, I walk out of every show saying I am going to skip the next one but I still go back. What time in the morning do you need to get there to be close to entrance?

Same here. I plan on going too though. And to answer your question, in my experience it's been 45 to an hour early to get a good spot. I've only gone real early a couple of times though, otherwise I wait until late in the day when there is no line.

As long as the beef jerky guy is there, then i am coming

What're the best things to get from them? I feel like I'm always faced with too much variety and I can never decide, lol.

You need to get there at least a half an hour to 45 minutes before the show opens (I think it opens at 9 am) to get in what I call the "first wave". Getting there early also gives you the side effect of earning yourself non shitty parking, and as a bonus if you're one of the first few though the doors you'll be done with the show by the time it starts to get too crowded and you don't have enough space to quickly run away from the little old men who are adept at crop dusting the booths.

-Mike

I used to wait in line an hour before the show, but all the really good stuff is gone before the doors even open, moving from table to table and marked up by the dealers on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been to the Marlboro show in about 2 years I think. I used to go every year setting up tables with my father. I think I might have to go to this one just for sentimental reasons since I haven't been since he passed away.

I don't ever walk into gun shows expecting to find awesome deals anymore. It isn't like the old days.

I usually look for used holsters, gear, spare mags for milsurp handguns, milsurp ammo, etc...

I stopped showering 2 days ago. I'll stop wiping tomorrow. And then a big Mexican and Baked Beans dinner on Friday night.

I need to do something to clear the crowds from the tables.

Let see if they put the NRA and ATF tables right next to each other again. That was quite comical last time.

I like walking past the ATF and CJIS tables and seeing the tired, grumpy people. I wonder what they're pissed off about, its not as if they have to do any actual work the 16 hours or so
they're there... maybe answer like, 10 questions? [rofl]

-Mike

going and looking for an SKS..Any tips?

Don't go there expecting to find one. Go there expecting to find a "gun show" and that if you'll find an SKS at a reasonable price its a bonus.

Doing anything less than this will lead to disappointment.

-Mike

Got here earlier than expected. Line is already to the end of the tent but hasn't curved around the building yet. A word of caution if you are heading north on 495 between exit 19 and 20 it the lanes merge to only the left lane as they are doing work ok on 2 bridges.

Back
Top Bottom