Marlboro Sept. 20 & 21

Got here earlier than expected. Line is already to the end of the tent but hasn't curved around the building yet. A word of caution if you are heading north on 495 between exit 19 and 20 it the lanes merge to only the left lane as they are doing work ok on 2 bridges.

They have been doing work between those exits for months now. Crazy

I love the gun shows, I'm going. I hope all the people there also show up to vote as well

Someone should hold up a poster outside, saying exactly that!

I will be going. I even have a little disposable cash. Cant wait to see overpriced ammo though. I will have my c&r with me even.

Wait, I thought "show prices" were supposedly better than what you get in the shops. It's been a while since I've been to one.

I like walking past the ATF and CJIS tables and seeing the tired, grumpy people. I wonder what they're pissed off about, its not as if they have to do any actual work ...

The table next to them should instruct everyone to give them the finger and walk on by.

Just got back. All in all, a pretty good show, better than it has been in a few years. No crazy good deals, but most pricing was somewhat reasonable.
Got there about 8:45 line around the corner as usual, but for some reason did not seem as crowded inside. I think they may have opened up the aisles a little bit.

Pretty good assortment of reloading components. I picked up a lb each of Varget & CE223, 1000 ea of CCI small & large rifle primers, 500 69g Sierra match kings in .223, and an electronic scale. I also found a Tipton .30 cleaning rod long enough clean my M-1919 and a few more odds and ends.

Two "wish list" items... I may be able to go tomorrow...
A decent entry level Trap gun in 12ga, and Detonics Combat Master 45 magazines. Anybody perchance see these beasties?

The table next to them should instruct everyone to give them the finger and walk on by.
The DCJIS people are there to recover PINs for persons wishing to buy guns.

I haven't figured out why they do this - must be that Deval hasn't caught on that they are doing something to help gun owners.

The DCJIS people are there to recover PINs for persons wishing to buy guns.

I haven't figured out why they do this - must be that Deval hasn't caught on that they are doing something to help gun owners.

I suspect that it is because the current FRB Director seems like a "customer service" oriented young lady. She has a job to do and seems to be very pleasant to all that deal with her even if we don't like the department/job that they are charged with doing.

Lots of 22, but at ridiculous prices it is staying there

Yup. Tons of ammo, bulks of ammo, any type, but crazy prices.
Especially the one who sold a box of Tula 9 mm at $15.90 or something like that (over $15 for sure).

I had a good time.....sold three firearms that I don't shoot anymore, purchased a S&W 1911 in 9mm and still came home with more cash than I left the house with.

+1 on the crazy 22 lr ammo prices....19.99 for 100 rounds of CCI standard velocity!!!!

I had a good time.....sold three firearms that I don't shoot anymore, purchased a S&W 1911 in 9mm and still came home with more cash than I left the house with.

+1 on the crazy 22 lr ammo prices....19.99 for 100 rounds of CCI standard velocity!!!!
Saw the same thing on 22 ammo prices but at least it was 22 there that mean soon the prices will come down

You should have been there earlier. I've never waited before in a line that long. I should have left and come back later I guess. [thinking]

I made up for the no line at the gun show by having to take about 1/2 to get through Northboro center, didn't know there was a parade.....

Saw the same thing on 22 ammo prices but at least it was 22 there that mean soon the prices will come down

There was a shitload of .22 at retarded prices.... but last year the number of .22 bulk packs in the entire show could be counted on one hand, and it would always be gone by 9:30, regardless of the price.

-Mike

You must have been keeping a low profile. I was looking for ya. [smile]

I was only there until 10:15 because I was coaching a Women On Target event today in Rochester and had to be there for noon.

If I had more time I probably could have sold the SKS D that was slung over my shoulder.

I took a chance on a dirty Dillon square b deal in 380 missing a few small parts (case retaining pins) it still had powder in the cylinder cleaned up and lubed works fine.

Picked up a holster for my j frame. Saw a few nice guns but nothing that made me think I must take that home.

I wasn't able to make it there but I was curious if there was much pistol powders at fair prices at the show?

I wasn't able to make it there but I was curious if there was much pistol powders at fair prices at the show?

Doubtful.

The difference in pricing dynamic between gun shows and computer shows (less common now that Newegg and Tiger Direct fill the niche) is interesting.

The prevailing pricing at gun shows seems to be "with this many people here, someone will pay top dollar", whereas at computer shows it's been "these people know prices, we need to move volume, and the inventory will nosedive in value if we don't move it".

Back
Top Bottom