Marlboro Sept. 20 & 21

A great question and I would assume the end of the show period would net the best deals as well. Is there anyone that has sold at shows (e.g. Len-2A) that can confirm that theory?

I've never sold at gun shows. Those I worked was as a volunteer for GOAL. Those that I attended was strictly for the fun of cruising thru the show and IF I found something interesting, that was a bonus. In 38 yrs I've bought 2 guns at gun shows, some ammo (really very little vs. what I bought at Four Seasons alone), some mags, books, misc. accessories. It's been many years since I worked a show on Sunday . . . vendors tend to pack up at 1PM and I found the afternoon a drag, never personally found deals just before closing time.

With so many shows in what I like to call gun show season, I think vendors are less likely to resort to accepting low ball offers because 90% of them will have the same guns at the next show in a few weeks.

It's been many years since I worked a show on Sunday . . . vendors tend to pack up at 1PM and I found the afternoon a drag, never personally found deals just before closing time.
With so many shows in what I like to call gun show season, I think vendors are less likely to resort to accepting low ball offers because 90% of them will have the same guns at the next show in a few weeks.
Yeah, I'm not sure the "wait until Sunday afternoon" thing is all it's cracked up to be. Maybe works on bulk ammo, but I don't think it works too well on most guns. As much as I prefer going to shows on Sunday mornings due to the smaller crowds, I fear that the hardest to find guns and the best deals may be long gone by then. If you are really going to a show with a serious intent to buy, I think you've got to go on Saturday... and the earlier the better. Then your senses and negotiating skills matter. If you pay attention, you can usually tell if a given vendor is having a good day or a bad day... and if they are in a negotiating/selling mode or just trying to hold out for the big scores. For once, I did pretty well last Saturday. Maybe it was my great negotiating skill... or maybe it was just pure dumb luck. Even a blind squirrel find an acorn occasionally. [grin]

Yeah, I'm not sure the "wait until Sunday afternoon" thing is all it's cracked up to be. Maybe works on bulk ammo, but I don't think it works too well on most guns. As much as I prefer going to shows on Sunday mornings due to the smaller crowds, I fear that the hardest to find guns and the best deals may be long gone by then. If you are really going to a show with a serious intent to buy, I think you've got to go on Saturday... and the earlier the better. Then your senses and negotiating skills matter. If you pay attention, you can usually tell if a given vendor is having a good day or a bad day... and if they are in a negotiating/selling mode or just trying to hold out for the big scores. For once, I did pretty well last Saturday. Maybe it was my great negotiating skill... or maybe it was just pure dumb luck. Even a blind squirrel find an acorn occasionally. [grin]

Agreed. At the BR&P small gun show, one vendor had 3 CCI Mini-mag 100rd .22LR on their table for $12 each at opening. An hour or 2 later they were gone, there were no more under the table!

Agreed. At the BR&P small gun show, one vendor had 3 CCI Mini-mag 100rd .22LR on their table for $12 each at opening. An hour or 2 later they were gone, there were no more under the table!

That was a good deal. The cheapest I saw them for at Marlboro was $15. most were @ $20

Back
Top Bottom