Marlboro thoughts

LenS said:
Jaxon,
For sure!

Are you going to make the NES shoot up in Westford on 5/20? Do a search here for details as I don't know where the thread is located (it might be in the NES Members only forum).

No, not this time, unfortunately. [sad] My wife and I will be just starting our Alaska cruise that day. [smile] Next time for sure!

RJ

Nickle said:
A few observation based on the comments here.

7.62x54R ammo at $50 is fair, if it was 440 rounds. Century's regular price is $44, and shipping is $7.50 for orders up to $500 (then it's free). Allow a little mark-up, and there you go. When it's on sale, it's a little lower. Same situation as the 7.62x39, if you want some.

I didn't think the price was outrageous at all. In fact, I toyed with the idea of buying 880 for $90.00, but I wanted to save some money for something else. As it happens, I found the SMLE right afterwards.

Gary

all i wanna know is...who bought that damn sar-1???? it was on the far left...2nd to last table...it was $425 i think...i had my eye on it when i first got there...went to my car to do a ftf...came back 15 minutes later and it was gone...i almost cried...only other sar there cost $575...no thanx...not about to pay $150 more...rather by a wasr...but damn...i was pissed

Moderator said:
I saw a bunch of NES'S, ...

How do you identify each other?

Moderator said:
... show was smaller than usual (Just like Brent). I made sure I got some jerky ...I had a few things I was keeping an eye open for ...

???Brent has small jerky? Eye open for Brent? Huh?

J/K.

If it rained out, I might have gone to look for a holster or two. Seeing there was slim pickin's, I guess it didn't matter. Do prices drop at the end of the day on Sunday?

Last edited:
Coyote33 said:
How do you identify each other?
Witht the secret hand signal of course.
secret_hand.jpg

Coyote33 said:
???Brent has small jerky? Eye open for Brent? Huh?

J/K.

Brent? NO! C-pher maybe[laugh]

Mod Hat On!

Okay folks, let's chill out. There has been MORE THAN ENOUGH discussion here that I truly don't think belongs on this forum.

Please remember that we created this forum to be "family friendly" and in particular a place where women could FEEL COMFORTABLE joining us in discussions on firearms related issues.

Although I have not asked any of the women here how they feel about the kind of discussions that are going on like this one, I really feel that it is inappropriate and kindly request that folks not engage in that sort of stuff here.

I will admit that I am speaking strictly for myself and have not (due to lack of time lately) discussed this with any other Mods/Admin.

Thank you for being considerate of all.

I know I'm chiming in late on this, but I've had a hectic week. [sad]

I was also a bit underwhelmed by the Marlboro gun show event (my first), but I understand that it was much smaller than usual due to the Concord show happing the same weekend. It was too bad the NH "holster guy" wasn't there, but I'll catch up with him at the next one. [grin]

I also agree that the Tombstone Trading table had a super selection...I spied a Smith & Wesson 1911PD there that I think I'll drive out to Brookfield to acquire.

It was great to meet C-pher, Len, Ross, Jay, and Jon - I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had an appointment that afternoon. I noticed that someone said they were pleased that the GOAL table was prominently featured in the front...it took me an hour to find that thing, and I had to ask!! [rofl] I felt better though when I found out it was right across the way from C-pher at the Powder Keg table and he didn't know where it was either. Hehehe

+1 Lisaj on Tombstones table. They always seem to have some nice stuff. This show there were 3 Colt diamondbacks and they still had That Colt in .38super that I'm dyin for. But $1400 for it seems high, even for Mass.

Lisa,

Many of us seem to have picked up one or more of the new S&W 1911's and are very happy with them. I got a commander-sized 1911SC in trade for a SigP220 and love it. It is the most accurate out-of-the-box 1911 I have ever had. I do not think that you will regret this purchase.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 from Tombstone at the last Marlboro show. They were good to deal with and willing to negotiate. No take it or leave it attitude at all. I always look at their stuff when I'm at a show.

Gary

gun show

I went on saturday afternoon, theres no lines at all. I found some cci
22 ammo for $22 a brick same price as the last show. I also found a Mod
60 S&W. I came with the original box and safariland holster. The previous
owner kept in a sock drawer, not a scratch anywhere.

But i did think overall that the show was on the thin side, did seem that
vendors that were in the last show were not there.

JimB

JimB said:
I went on saturday afternoon, theres no lines at all. I found some cci 22 ammo for $22 a brick same price as the last show.

I was there Sunday morning, primarily to loan the GOAL table my SVI for a while to use as an incentive for the raffle tickets. Picked up 2 bricks of Federal target .22 for $15 each and 2 boxes of 9mm (brass cases) for $7.50 each. Made the trip worthwhile. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom