• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board

I hate these MFers.
"
In Maryland, they take their gun control seriously. In fact, if you fill out an application for a permit to own a handgun and it winds up being denied, they have a special board set up to review your appeal and presumably approve qualified applicants above and beyond the normal state police review. That’s probably why it’s named the Handgun Permit Review Board.

The board is short a few members these days, so the task fell to Governor Larry Hogan to nominate three replacements. He did so, but the state senate just rejected all three of them. Their reason wasn’t any specific shortcoming of the individuals who had been nominated, though. The decision was in protest of the board existing in the first place because the Democrats voting against the nominees claimed that the board approves too many permits. (Baltimore Sun)"
Maryland handgun permit board nominees rejected over approval of permits

I got the F out of Maryland just in time

àaand moved to MA.
I mean, there's no question MA laws are a farce, but we're a whole hell of a lot better than CA, NJ, NY, and MD. You can actually get a carry permit here, and once you have it, you have quite a bit of freedom compared to what you get in some of the "shall issue" states (mandatory signage, restrictions on places like bars, churches, etc).

I mean, there's no question MA laws are a farce, but we're a whole hell of a lot better than CA, NJ, NY, and MD. You can actually get a carry permit here, and once you have it, you have quite a bit of freedom compared to what you get in some of the "shall issue" states (mandatory signage, restrictions on places like bars, churches, etc).

Come visit a free state for a couple of weeks.
Then see how you feel.

Come visit a free state for a couple of weeks.
Then see how you feel.

Oh, I know. I lived in VT from 1973 to 1995.
It breaks my heart that the anti-gun idiots have moved up there and will destroy that state

Soon in many states speaking out against gun restrictions will probably get a person red flagged

This will be my first year in a long time that I will not be hunting, fishing, shopping or seeing concerts/events in New York state. Screw them and their anti-gun laws !!! BOYCOTT NY

Hard times are coming

I hate these MFers.
"
In Maryland, they take their gun control seriously. In fact, if you fill out an application for a permit to own a handgun and it winds up being denied, they have a special board set up to review your appeal and presumably approve qualified applicants above and beyond the normal state police review. That’s probably why it’s named the Handgun Permit Review Board.

The board is short a few members these days, so the task fell to Governor Larry Hogan to nominate three replacements. He did so, but the state senate just rejected all three of them. Their reason wasn’t any specific shortcoming of the individuals who had been nominated, though. The decision was in protest of the board existing in the first place because the Democrats voting against the nominees claimed that the board approves too many permits. (Baltimore Sun)"
Maryland handgun permit board nominees rejected over approval of permits
communist rule

Back
Top Bottom