• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass AWB’s days are numbered

Why would Thomas leave now? He's hung out on the court for decades, waiting for things to get this good. Now he's FINALLY part of a supermajority that'll reliably support his pet issues, one of which also happens to be my pet issue.

It's just now getting good. Why would he retire? It's not like he needs more time to do Fun Stuff; as the recent revelations about him indicate, when he's not in session he's already living a life most of us would be envious of in our own retirement. He's got the best of both worlds, he paid his dues to get there, and he's got to be enjoying it now.

And Alito? He's mean, and partisan. I doubt he's going to retire while a Democrat is in the white house.

Why would Thomas leave now?

And Alito? He's mean, and partisan. I doubt he's going to retire while a Democrat is in the white house.

CKqIx0P.jpg

🐯

Rules for thee and not for me, it’s almost like these restrictions just deter normal citizens from exercising the same rights (shortage of FFLs, lack of ammo sellers, mass premium for any firearm, stigma of gun ownership, making gun ownership some kind of “privilege”).
Alas. Thomas Paine was accurate in his predictions along these lines. I'm begining to regret more his move from the US to France. Being there when we needed his influence most for that critical decade could have made a difference.

No politician should be elected in our country who hasn't read and understood the meaning behind Common Sense.

Then again, no one who is elected and swears an oath to the constitution should... Oh... Nevermind.

What needs to be hammered home by people defending the 2nd Amendment is that there is millions of people who own AR-15 style firearms around the country and yet less than 1% is used in "Gun Deaths" per year. Handguns are used in 90%.

What needs to be hammered home by people defending the 2nd Amendment is that there is millions of people who own AR-15 style firearms around the country and yet less than 1% is used in "Gun Deaths" per year. Handguns are used in 90%.
And criminals are involved 100% of the time.

And criminals are involved 100% of the time.
That stat is also includes suicides, DGUs, law enforcement situations, etc.

Handguns are used in most situations. But the criminals definitely dont give a f***. The left wont tell you that though. That most of the "gun deaths" are from suicide and inner city crime. Inner city crime is where almost all mass shootings are done. But we dont need to bring gang violence to light though because its not inner city crime or mental health that is the problem. It's the inaminate object that is. (sarcasm)

Last edited:
I think they also have turncoat true gun guys advising them . It's obvious to me.
Antis have always had a few people on the other side of the fence willing to sell themselves out for a dollar, that's not new.

They knew that back in the 70's when they went after handguns. Same situation where they blamed the object and not the individual(s). Handguns were originally in the firearms act of 1934 also but they knew then that would put it over the top.

They knew that back in the 70's when they went after handguns. Same situation where they blamed the object and not the individual(s). Handguns were originally in the firearms act of 1934 also but they knew then that would put it over the top.
Yeah they know they cant win at all trying to ban handguns so they go after the AR-15 platform. It's complete horsesh!t.

It’s kind of a joke now. All these decisions and the judges are making up their own rules and interpretations. On the other hand it could be an easier win if this case makes it to SCOTUS (which I highly doubt because other cases will get there first).

It’s kind of a joke now. All these decisions and the judges are making up their own rules and interpretations. On the other hand it could be an easier win if this case makes it to SCOTUS (which I highly doubt because other cases will get there first).
Don't they sometimes roll several cases in together, and address them all at once? I could swear I remember that in the past 10 years, maybe less.

He had a halfway decent update yesterday mid-day as well. There's SNOW in Washington state. Better there than here. :)

🤣, what???

Yanohhhh, it's really sad what Horatio Alger Jr is doing. Sad sad sad. He could be great, like Dennis in MA. Great great great. Possibly the greatest poster in all of NES. But no. He's going down the path of loser-Joe. Sad. Sad sad. Sad. Great. Sad. Greatest sad.

Yanohhhh, it's really sad what Horatio Alger Jr is doing. Sad sad sad. He could be great, like Dennis in MA. Great great great. Possibly the greatest poster in all of NES. But no. He's going down the path of loser-Joe. Sad. Sad sad. Sad. Great. Sad. Greatest sad.

ROFL, you are the only one that has brought up Trump.

If the statement "sad, just sad." triggers your TDS, you might need some serious mental help.

No. We just wouldn't even SAY it 5 years ago. LOL. It's lexicon now. The only reason you'd say it twice is b/c of a 5-char minimum post. (Do we even have that here? LOL)

Still the funniest thing SNL put out in the 2010's. . . . . .

". . . most luxurious helicopter in the world. . . " LOL

Chanoookahah!

FWIW - he's a net zero for the country. The successes he had and will have net out with the colossal screwups. That said, it's better than what we have now. Which is frightening. A guy that's been in Congress and WH since Lincoln was mulling a trip to the theatre should be a better leader. LOL

FYI.. saw a buddy of mine who has the ear of Scanlon.. word is new bill will be pushed in August.. expect new bans, grandfathering, etc.. BOHICA.
So the house bill is dead? (whatever they cal HD4420 now). And they will push a new one?

Any further details?

But the SCOTUS will rule before that in June.

we can only hope.. and hope it goes in our favor.
So the house bill is dead? (whatever they cal HD4420 now). And they will push a new one?

Any further details?
no.. just saw him in passing in a local store... keep your eyes and ears open..

But the SCOTUS will rule before that in June.
You talking about US v. Rahimi? If so, if oral arguments are any indication, it’s looking like either a 7-2 or 8-1 decision against Rahimi in favor of the DOJ, overturning the 5th Circuit’s pro-2A decision. Either one or both of Justice Thomas & Justice Alito will be in the dissenting minority, and on paper this will be the 2A movement’s first major loss at SCOTUS.

However, it’s probably going to be a very narrowly tailored ruling against Mr. Rahimi. It won’t do much besides say that the statute in question is constitutional on its face, and it will leave open many as-applied challenges for other pro-2A plaintiffs down the road. SCOTUS will say that Rahimi is undoubtedly part of “The People,” but that history and tradition support disarming people based on a finding of dangerousness. He is most certainly a dangerous man based on the lower court record, no one disputes this. The new dangerousness standard that SCOTUS sets up should end up being very favorable to the 2A movement in the long run.

Some similar threads, maybe a moderator can combine these:

@drgrant

Some similar threads, maybe a moderator can combine these:

@drgrant

not appropriate to do so given the context/focus/intent of the two threads is entirely different.

No. We just wouldn't even SAY it 5 years ago. LOL. It's lexicon now. The only reason you'd say it twice is b/c of a 5-char minimum post. (Do we even have that here? LOL)

Still the funniest thing SNL put out in the 2010's. . . . . .

". . . most luxurious helicopter in the world. . . " LOL

Chanoookahah!

FWIW - he's a net zero for the country. The successes he had and will have net out with the colossal screwups. That said, it's better than what we have now. Which is frightening. A guy that's been in Congress and WH since Lincoln was mulling a trip to the theatre should be a better leader. LOL

Do you whisper "no homo" to yourself every time you think of him?

The amount of times in different threads that you alone bring up DJT, you really can't get that man out of your brain.

Back
Top Bottom