• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MASS BILL proposed 36% tax on all gun and ammo sales

it is odd why so low. in denmark, from what i recall, they made up a 200% tax on the price of any automobile purchase, so most folks happily drive bicycles and remain slim.
because government knows better what is good for you.
Was 180%. Made a $20K Hyundai cost $56K.
Lots of luxury vehicles for the rich.
More recently they created a convoluted tax plan based on a bunch of factors. Still works out to be over 100%.
The EV Mandates here are intended to have a similar destructive impact on privately owed cars.

Can you levy an additional tax on a constitutional right? So let’s propose a bill to pay to vote. That way Dems for each time they vote….and good luck collecting from the dead voters

The party in control is the same one that not only determined that the Federal government is responsible for your individual state of health, but passed a 50,000 page law that had to be passed to find out what's in it, when mostly what was in it was a requirement that YOU, individually, MUST purchase health insurance.

They have no problem applying a tax to things like Constitutionally protected natural rights. Speech for instance. The tax there is joining a social media site and then conforming to the views popular on Instagram / Twitter / Facebook, etc.

every person licensed to sell or supply ammunition [in Massachusetts] shall pay to the commissioner of revenue an excise equal to 36 percent of the wholesale value of a single round of each round of ammunition sold or supplied.
The ammo is a penny per round. The cardboard box is $34.50. Problem solved.

This has nothing to do with outreach programs.

It never does. My wife is 53. I thought she "got it." She was talking the other day about some department in some town and how they "had to spend all the money before the fiscal year ended in June." I gave her that "did you just really say that?" look. She asked what????

"Hon. It's NOT THEIR MONEY. It's MY money. How about they give it back if they don't need it?"

Government isn't about helping, it's about building bigger government. Even those true-believers truly believe that if they only had more of YOUR money, they could do so much good. Nope. Sorry. The role of government should be to figure out how to solve itself out of problems.

It’ll be just like buying a vehicle in NH as a MA resident. Tax man still comin for that ass

Except enforcing use tax is way harder than excise, etc.

They get you on the auto tax because you have to register it….

Exactly @Spartan65. I just issued a reg for a client this morning, car bought in NH, no sales tax paid in NH so MA hit him for 6.25% when registering. In fact, even if you lived out of state and bought and registered a car out of state and move to MA, they'll collect the difference between what you paid the other State and the MA rate if you bought the car less than six mos prior.

Can you levy an additional tax on a constitutional right? So let’s propose a bill to pay to vote. That way Dems for each time they vote….and good luck collecting from the dead voters
That's the 24th amendment. Ironically, Mass was one of the last places that still had a poll tax so this f***ery is not surprising.

The good citizens of massachussetts will not go to nh to buy stuff
wrong-drumpf.gif

Back
Top Bottom