• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Chiefs of Police come out against HD4607.

This is the email that I received from Norco / Nimrod.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Mass Police Chiefs Voted Against HD4607 Bill This Morning
To: Wayne M. Adams <[email protected]>

-----pass along of key development-----copy and paste--------

MCOPA, voted to not support HD4607. 100% against. Nothing in the bill reduces gun violences. Only unfunded mandates and unnecessary nonsense for police and licensing authorities

-----------------------

Please pass along to all stakeholders

Wayne Adams

MCA, WCLSC, Norco

Last edited:
Is there a link to this? I'd like to send it to my chief of police.
MACOPA also testified at the hearing, and when a rep questioned how many chiefs they represented, all of them, and then asked if the vote was unanimous (it was) it was a pretty cool moment.
if this hearing was recorded, that exchange needs to be made into a clip and posted far and wide

If this passes (as is or in modified form) I suggest everyone start writing letters to editor of whatever their local paper is. It may not change passage but these guys need to be called out in a public forum...repeatedly. The police are the ones who will be charged with enforcing whatever they dream up and they're saying "No...don't do this...it's a bad idea"....So Beacon Hill knows how to fight crime better than the police now? That is some serious Chutzpah there and the public should hear about it

MACOPA also testified at the hearing, and when a rep questioned how many chiefs they represented, all of them, and then asked if the vote was unanimous (it was) it was a pretty cool moment.
if this hearing was recorded, that exchange needs to be made into a clip and posted far and wide
@GOAL has been asked to get and retain a copy. Hopefully it'll be made available to them.

If it does pass, even while the court challenges go forward, do not miss the chance at this. You only get 30 days to file.

Referendum petitions​

A referendum petition is a way for people to propose repealing a law enacted by the Legislature and are voted on in statewide general elections. Referendum petitions to repeal a law are filed with the Secretary of State’s Office 30 days after the law is enacted.

Attack from all sides, even if it doesn't work it will show the changing attitudes.

Back
Top Bottom