Mass Fishing License

I was in Roaches in Cambridge yesterday to pick up a Mass fishing license. The owner told me that Mass is too big a pain in the A to sell them. Said that Mass requires a $10k bond before you can sell them. Also told me that he gets 50 cents for every NH license he sells and they are real easy to do business with.

So do retail stores sell Mass licenses any more or do I have to get to City Hall for one?

i purchase my hunting and fishing licenses online also (i do the hunting lic. online because it then allows you to enter doe tag lotteries online)

walmart and k-mart all sell fishing lic., but good luck finding someone there who even knows what it is.

i would suggest trying dick's or bass pro...

i also heard that mass is now considering implementing an angler's ed course for fishing licenses... has anyone else heard that? [rolleyes]

i also heard that mass is now considering implementing an angler's ed course for fishing licenses... has anyone else heard that? [rolleyes]

Yeah, but that's only required for saltwater. [wink]

I too do the online deal via the Mass. DFW site. I get a printable copy that's good immediately (with the exception of tags -- you'll need to wait for them to arrive), and I include all my stamps at once -- $70.20 I buy them all even if I don't get out to use them. This is one state fee that I actually feel good about paying. IMO, the DFW has been doing very well with regard to securing land access, for us and for future generations.

That's different. It is not a hunter safety course. The hunter safety course isn't about how to hunt or shoot -- it is about the regulations and how to not hurt yourself or others.

Those fishing programs are trying to encourage people to fish.

The saltwater licensing crap is coming down from the feds (NOAA in particular). There isn't anything in their program about a fishing safety course. Whoever told you this is blowing smoke.

Back
Top Bottom