Mass Lowes shoplifter gets away from armed CCW

The plainclothes officer was at the Lowe’s home improvement store on William Gould Way when he allegedly spotted a robbery in progress.

Couple things with this statement
He was a officer on duty in plain clothes
Or he was a off duty officer
Big difference

He was stopping a "robbery" or he was stopping "shoplifting"
Big difference

Those two phrases plainclothes officer and spotting a robbery are probably from the police department

Of course he may be on duty but how much would a full time officer inside Lowes cost Lowes ?

It’s such a joke, doesn’t matter if it’s your dept or mine, it’s just everywhere.

I swear that they have a class on this shit when they go to supervisor inservice. They put a mannequin in front of class coverless and they all roll up in a 12v Barbie cruiser and supervise them.

I disagree with your interpretation. I believe the man with the gun would have been legally justified in shooting the moment the thief put that car into reverse. The car is recognized in law as a deadly weapon and that man had limited options for escaping, especially with the car door being open.

He put himself in that situation.

Unfortunately, a person can't put themself in a dangerous situation and shoot their way out.

Unless you are a cop, but this guy was off duty.

Of course he may be on duty but how much would a full time officer inside Lowes cost Lowes ?
Not as much as a full time lieutenant working a detail would cost, and I believe that's probably above Lowes' price range.

Unless the local PD pulls shenanigans with assigning details, that is. (Hey, it's Mass.)

1970s, some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Sears catalog store, not one of the big mall anchor stores but the suburban main street storefront type with a limited amount of merch on the floor.

I'm with my father who's picking up some tools or parts or something he ordered and waiting in line to get to the pickup desk. Two guys walk in the front door and one guy yells up to the counter with a couple busy clerks at it and says, "Don't worry about it, we've got it, we're all set" as he waves a yellow piece of paper in the air that looks like the typical customer copy of the receipt.
One of the clerks looks up quickly, sees him and just gives a quick wave as he buries his head back into the register at the desk.

The two guys then proceed to each grab one end of the floor display couch, pick it up and carry it right back out the front door and throw in the back of their truck parked outside on the street and drive off. We were still in line waiting when the manager came out from the back, started helping someone out on the floor and then realized the couch was gone and started blasting the clerks at the counter!

lmao You are so right.

Senior officer ‘Jones’ to rookie officer cams:

“Cams man this f***ing place is a joke. The chief, the deputies, Lt’s, Sgt’s, all of them, what a bunch of pussies and back stabbing a**h***s. Be very careful this place will f*** you over in a heartbeat dude. First chance you get you should do a lateral somewhere and gtfo, it’s only getting worse.”

6 months later, now “Sgt”Jones pulls up in an air conditioned car:
“Officer” cams, why aren’t you wearing your cover? You know I can write you up for that.”

“Sgt, I’m on the motorcycle, it’s 105* on the apron here, just trying to cool down a bit.”
Sgt drives off in a huff.

6yrs later, called into now Deputy Jones’ office, “Officer cams where’s your cover? You know I can write you up for that!”

Cams: “Hey Sir you remember about 6 yrs ago when you were FTO’ing me? You told me to get out of here as fast as I can because of the clown-show administration and how they treat patrol?”

Dep: “Well that was then! This is now! It’s real now! (aka-since I get more money than you now).

Cams: “Oh ok Sir. Well then my cover is still in my basement, I was using it for an ashtray last night. Hey you wanna go get an ice cream and watch the girls go by like the old days when this place still sucked?”

Dep: “Out!! Get out!”

Cams: “Roger Sir. lol”
Knowing you, I can see you really doing that to Deputy Jones! [rofl]
Maybe need a sticky for new member on what to expect, maybe let them know to check the date on some threads before replying as there is a population here that likes to bump threads.
Basically nobody reads stickies, so why bother creating another one that nobody will read?

News this morning said he was ON DUTY in plain clothes. I wonder if he was "working" overtime while doing some shopping at Lowes.
He may have been "on duty" as in being salary he is technically always "on duty"..A LT is not pulling a plainclothes detail catching shoplifters at Lowes.. The "On duty" comment is the PD trying to save face..IMO of course.

He may have been "on duty" as in being salary he is technically always "on duty"..A LT is not pulling a plainclothes detail catching shoplifters at Lowes.. The "On duty" comment is the PD trying to save face..IMO of course.
Not really true. Sgts and Lts in my former MA town worked details. Extra money is extra money.

Also, if I roll back the time machine, my first job out of high school was at King's Dept. Store in Brockton and a plainclothes Brockton PD Captain used to work there, picking up the money from the registers to bring to the office, plus likely other duties. This was back in the mid-1960s.

Now available on CL, with a bail money discount!

I was looking for the smallest rotary hammer drill with a hammer only setting. The only one I found was a Ryobi P222, so sorry....no bail money for you [crying]

Last edited:
Mt favorite part was the mag falling on the ground.
(Spotted that on the second screening...)

My favorite part is the screwed up door on the getaway car.

Honorable mention is the passing attempt at pistol-whipping.

Most gobsmacked about bystanders flouncing about
while someone is waving a handgun -
I would be seeking cover and concealment so hard.

Fondest wish is that the driver's door got even more screwed up.
Maybe ripped so badly that it's only holding on by one hinge.
Peak experience would be if he was driving through the parking lot
leaving a trail of sparks like either a time-traveling DeLorean
or some oblivious Seasoned Citizen driving Rt. 2 on a flat tire in a @drgrant video.

By the way. She is OK with this, no big deal. Just walk in and walk out with anything you want. If anyone tries to stop you, sue them.
I hope next time the shoplifter parks next to her unmarked SUV
and runs a gouge down the side with the driver's door
during a hasty getaway...

BOLO for white SUV with driver's side door unable to close...

Shouldn't take long to find it.
Stop me if I'm wrong,
but I bet that entire quadrant of the state
has a serious hard-on to find the perp.

The car could be shoplifted as well
Now that’s pro-level

I wonder if officer rambo will pay for all the side damage to the Honda CRV there. I would be pissed. (Even if it is a shitty crossover nobody deserves that).

I know the policy at the retail locations my wife works for is just let them take it. My son and I were outside one of the stores as Mrs GaryO was shopping, a more urbane gentleman ran out with bags of stuff, followed by the security guard. The guard started wrestling with the guy as people were yelling for someone to help. The guy got away and I just snapped a picture of the car and plate. Funny thing is the company wasn't interested in the information. My wife said the guard could have been fired for getting involved. Why even have security?
Security is there to protect the under privileged thieves from the honest, hard working, responsible, able bodied, not afraid to get involved shoppers who are sick of paying more for their products because of the scum who deserve to be detained until authorities with enough balls come to take them away in cuffs only to be released by some bleeding heart liberal pussy judge. Our justice system caters to criminals unless you have money and are not a Commie.

just my opinion, I could be assuming some of it but that is how it is.

1970s, some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Sears catalog store, not one of the big mall anchor stores but the suburban main street storefront type with a limited amount of merch on the floor.

I'm with my father who's picking up some tools or parts or something he ordered and waiting in line to get to the pickup desk. Two guys walk in the front door and one guy yells up to the counter with a couple busy clerks at it and says, "Don't worry about it, we've got it, we're all set" as he waves a yellow piece of paper in the air that looks like the typical customer copy of the receipt.
One of the clerks looks up quickly, sees him and just gives a quick wave as he buries his head back into the register at the desk.

The two guys then proceed to each grab one end of the floor display couch, pick it up and carry it right back out the front door and throw in the back of their truck parked outside on the street and drive off. We were still in line waiting when the manager came out from the back, started helping someone out on the floor and then realized the couch was gone and started blasting the clerks at the counter!
I worked in the warehouse at the Natick store and I would cover the customer pick up counter sometimes. If we had a heat wave you would have a line out the door with people waiting for the AC to be brought down the conveyor belt. One of the more dishonest workers said out loud that it would sure be nice if we got a tip every once in a while, within 5 minutes people were offering us 20s to get their ac quickly. I made some nice pocket change during those heatwaves. When someone would complain, we would just tell them that the other person was getting a different model or they were in earlier.
Security is there to protect the under privileged thieves from the honest, hard working, responsible, able bodied, not afraid to get involved shoppers who are sick of paying more for their products because of the scum who deserve to be detained until authorities with enough balls come to take them away in cuffs only to be released by some bleeding heart liberal pussy judge. Our justice system caters to criminals unless you have money and are not a Commie.

just my opinion, I could be assuming some of it but that is how it is.
You must have deep pockets because if you hurt a shoplifter....ooh expect a lawsuit and don't expect any help from the merchant. My wife and I had this conversation.

Confused. Which is the shoplifter? Which is the cop? Why the 3rd guy heading towards all that unarmed?

Another possible thread title: Bored retiree cop learns pistol whipping with a glock leads to mag ejection.... Let the on duty folks deal with this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom