• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts State Police arrest Arkansas man after seizing four firearms, three large-capacity magazines

Odd and illegal are two different things
That he had multiple firearms is odd but shouldn't be illegal.

They'll likely get him on some kind of animal charges also since most dog rescue organizations won't drop off in Mass so you have to pick up in Ct or NH.
So far he has about 20 gun charges. A little bit of double dipping (carrying a firearm without a license and carrying a loaded firearm without a license).
  • FIREARM, CARRY WITHOUT LICENSE c269 §10(a) (Felony) - 4 counts
  • FIREARM, CARRY WITHOUT LICENSE LOADED c269 s.10(n) (Felony) - 4 counts
  • FIREARM, POSSESS LARGE CAPACITY c269 §10(m) (Felony) - 2 counts
  • FEEDING DEVICE, POSSESS LARGE CAPACITY c269 §10(m) (Felony) - 1 count
  • FIREARM WITHOUT FID CARD, POSSESS c269 s.10(h) (Misdemeanor - more than 100 days incarceration) - 4 counts
  • FIREARM, STORE IMPROP c140 §131L(a)&(b) (Misdemeanor - more than 100 days incarceration) - 1 count
  • FIREARM, STORE IMPROP LARGE CAPACITY c140 §131L(a)&(b) (Felony) - 3 counts
  • AMMUNITION WITHOUT FID CARD, POSSESS c269 §10(h)(1) (Misdemeanor - more than 100 days incarceration) - 1 count

Last edited:
Article is a pile of shit
Purchased at a gun show - Perfectly legal
Not registered - There is no registry in Arkansas
LTC - not needed

Now driving across country to deliver a few dogs seems a little odd but whatever.
That last, it's a thing. Whether it was legit in this case, no idea but I drove to Indiana to pick up muh boi. I would have driven to just this side of the California border if I had to. Not into California, though.

Screenshot_20230322_143332_Gallery.jpg

This looks more like a firearms delivery and a dog delivery. Two birds in one trip.
Why would he be driving around with a striped receiver? How would he be using that for protection throwing at someone?
Because he bought it from Freddie a couple weeks ago and it was still in the trunk when he went on his road trip?

We don't know yet whether this guy is a gun/drug/dog dealer or just a redneck in over his head.

Last edited:
Not all private attorneys are the same either. I see lazy dumbasses daily.

At least there is some assurance of quality with Bar Advocates/CPCS. There is some oversight and performance standards that a self employed private attorney wouldn't have to answer to.
As a Constable (retired), I also ran into many ignorant attorneys.

@eboos I know nothing about those that are court-appointed to represent the indigent, however I have a question for you about that. Do they do any vetting so that firearms cases only go to those attorneys that are knowledgeable of MA gun laws? When I was hired as an expert witness in a (gun) superior court case, the attorney told me that he knew nothing of MA gun laws and since he'd only get assigned another gun case in perhaps another 10 yrs, he had no interest in learning the gun laws. I spent 45 minutes trying to educate him about the difference between a clip and a magazine (it was a standard SKS and charges involved both the clips and magazine) . . . he still bungled it the next day when he had me on the stand.

If someone charged with a firearms crime gets assigned to you or another MA firearms attorney, they are very lucky. If said attorney isn't knowledgeable of MA gun laws, they are almost certainly going to get screwed by the system.

As a Constable (retired), I also ran into many ignorant attorneys.

@eboos I know nothing about those that are court-appointed to represent the indigent, however I have a question for you about that. Do they do any vetting so that firearms cases only go to those attorneys that are knowledgeable of MA gun laws? When I was hired as an expert witness in a (gun) superior court case, the attorney told me that he knew nothing of MA gun laws and since he'd only get assigned another gun case in perhaps another 10 yrs, he had no interest in learning the gun laws. I spent 45 minutes trying to educate him about the difference between a clip and a magazine (it was a standard SKS and charges involved both the clips and magazine) . . . he still bungled it the next day when he had me on the stand.

If someone charged with a firearms crime gets assigned to you or another MA firearms attorney, they are very lucky. If said attorney isn't knowledgeable of MA gun laws, they are almost certainly going to get screwed by the system.
Vetting with regard to specific knowledge of a particular area of law? No. However, that level of apathy towards learning what one doesn’t know is not common. Most of the public defenders I’ve encountered, while claiming liberals, deeply care about each one of their cases. Some of the most pro gun legal guidance I’ve seen in MA comes from the state public defender office (CPCS).

Look closely, the lower is broken - right at the receiver extension threads. Maybe a polymer 80%? No stock but also no buffer tube, buffer or spring. Even with the side-charging upper, it looks like it would be impossible to chamber a round or fire the AR-whatever.
View attachment 734710
Or did they break and taking it apart for the photo op?

///
He's a hick from Arkansas who probably had no idea about MA laws, as most people in flyover country wouldn't know either as they have
never heard of these laws, having any license, the idea alone is weird to them and nonsense.
//
How do you use four guns to protect yourself?

Driving an unregistered vehicle literally next to MSP barracks is stupid.

For those not familiar with the area: Day Boulevard runs along the beach in South Boston out to Fort Independence (which is closed at night). It is administered by MSP. There is a State Police barracks on the way from the highway to Day Blvd. There is another MSP facility nearby.

It is very actively patrolled. Everything else on the land side of Day Blvd is administered by BPD. You can only make left turns, and only every few streets.

Turns out he wasn’t actually on Day Blvd. He was near the Teacher’s Union building, literally behind the MSP barracks. Does that make sense as a place you’d be delivering dogs just after midnight?

D396860C-D1C1-4089-BBF0-27D8852E1AEC.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks more like a firearms delivery and a dog delivery. Two birds in one trip.
Why would he be driving around with a striped receiver? How would he be using that for protection throwing at someone?
I disagree. This is what normal Americans roll around with on the regular. More if you’re going to a city.

Disappointed he didn’t have more mags. And what is that AR upper?? I didn’t read the article. Shame for the American.

Look closely, the lower is broken - right at the receiver extension threads. Maybe a polymer 80%? No stock but also no buffer tube, buffer or spring. Even with the side-charging upper, it looks like it would be impossible to chamber a round or fire the AR-whatever.
View attachment 734710
I didn’t look that close….I saw no buffer tube and assumed it was something fancy that didn’t require a buffer tube….

How do you use four guns to protect yourself?

Driving an unregistered vehicle literally in front of a MSP barracks is stupid, no matter where you are from.
Judging by the lack of extra mags, I would say he was a ‘NY reload’ type of guy??

I didn’t look that close….I saw no buffer tube and assumed it was something fancy that didn’t require a buffer tube….
Lower is broken at the buffer threads
Bad picture so can't tell if it's poly lower.
At least that one could be argued is not a firearm per Mass (fire a round and send the BCG through your face)

This may come as a surprise, most people in free America have no idea how stupid and backwards the gun laws are in the peoples republik.

What is stupid is people think this guy should be f-ed or deserves this in some way. If you are one of them you are the problem.

No where near a FUDD! You tell me how many guns and ammo a person needs on their person for personal protection then. Is it two on the person, and one under the seat. Or one on your person, one in between the seats, one in the trunk? You tell me what the combination is for personal protection? You can say as many as a person wants, I will not disagree if that's your opinion. I'm just being realistic that he more than likely had other motives for possessing multiple handguns and with what he had, they all weren't for personal protection. His final stops were probably at gangbangers cribs or on the street corner that delineated their turf. The "puppies" was just an excuse!
This thread f-ing delivers.

When I travel in my truck across country, I have a blaster on my hip, a 22 round mag, and a 22 spare mag. I also have an ar15 with eight loaded 30 round mags.

What the F am I up to? Must be selling illegal mags to MA stockholms.

EDIT TO ADD: People drive all over the country delivering dogs, there is literally a 50 page thread on ARFcom on delivering dogs all over the country...

At least that one could be argued is not a firearm per Mass (fire a round and send the BCG through your face)
That's a good observation. A ballistician is unlikely to issue a certificate for that gun since I have seen them refuse to test fire a gun. Once I needed the BPD ballistician to fire a real clunker that I was trying to indict on a bad guy. I made them rig up a contraption to safely fire a shot but they were not happy.

God my head hurts reading this thread, thankfully I'm not drinking.
I agree....fxcking Stockholm syndrome Ma**h***splainers ........

No wonder this state is fxcked up, even our own gun owners suspect anyone carrying more than one blaster is up to foul play.

WTF.......wasnt a felon, can have as many guns as he wants in a car....even if it scares some of you pussies.

Ive rolled fairly heavy down to South Carolina a few times, mainly because I was going to a range down there as well as visiting my daughter.

Last edited:
Defense counsel has an automatic lien on a defendant's bail for the legal fees.
I wish that were true but it's not. Generally the defendant is not the surety that posts the bail. A lawyer can take an assignment of the bail which is common and collect the bail after the case is done if the defendant shows up for trial or disposition. But that would be the only way for the court to provide the bail to a lawyer. If you filed a suit against a client for unpaid legal fees you could possible attach the fee. But the bar really does not like one to sue a client over legal fees and it is likely to generate a complaint against the lawyer. Our malpractice insurers specifically ask if we have sued any clients for unpaid fees.

Too bad he did not make it to NH to deliver the dogs (yeah he was delivering to MA, but not my point).

Prob would have been a cheap fine for being unregistered. Maybe a tow.

But no gun charges.

Assuming this guy had his car legally registered, had a DL with no other shenanigans and no warrants, what should he have done when the cop asks "do you have any weapons in the car?" That's pretty much standard operating procedure now for any traffic stop it looks like, anywhere from broken tail light to speeding 5 over to rolling thru a stop. "I don't answer any questions without a lawyer present"? "I don't consent to search or seizure. Am I being DETAINEDDDD?? Muh 5A". Then the cop orders you to step out of car and the K9 unit rolls up and they look anyway. What's the guy to do?
You politely never agree to any searches. Ever. If they do it anyway, let them, but never consent. And keep your trap shut.

Yeah I didn’t look that close at first, shitty pic. I originally assumed it was an AR pistol that functioned without buffer tube….there are such firearms available for not poor prices.

This may come as a surprise, most people in free America have no idea how stupid and backwards the gun laws are in the peoples republik.

What is stupid is people think this guy should be f-ed or deserves this in some way. If you are one of them you are the problem.
If he was rolling around with a busted AR….he might be the problem. I’m also disappointed in the lack of backup mags.

But yeah. This is how America rolls.

Right......in like 45 other states he would have just been charged with driving an unregistered vehicle.

People from MA may think he's stupid because your used of the bullshit.

He's a hick from Arkansas who probably had no idea about MA laws, as most people in flyover country wouldn't know either as they have
never heard of these laws, having any license, the idea alone is weird to them and nonsense.

Are they stupid?.....no.....MA is stupid. Why? Because 45 out of the 50 states are nothing like MA. Majority rules, minority is stupid.

Should he have educated himself before coming up here....yes, should he deal with the bullshit he's dealing with now....no.

But....hey....if the cops get to show pics of their big "bust" of guns and hicap mags, its all awesome.......rather than help an out of state citizen on his
way, and educate him not to come here with that type of stuff. But you know.....why help people.

If stupidity is criminal......then there are a lot of people that should be in jail right now that aren't.

I agree....fxcking Stockholm syndrome Ma**h***splainers ........

No wonder this state is fxcked up, even our own gun owners suspect anyone carrying more than one blaster is up to foul play.

WTF.......wasnt a felon, can have as many guns as he wants in a car....even if it scares some of you pussies.

Ive rolled fairly heavy down to South Carolina a few times, mainly because I was going to a range down there as well as visiting my daughter.

No homo. This stuck with me. Rang clear as a bell when you join the military and TDY a lot.

The Bandit: “When you tell somebody somethin’, it depends on what part of the country you’re standin’ in as to just how dumb you are.”

Carrie: “Mr. Bandit, you have a lyrical way of cutting through the bullshit.”

The Bandit: “And you have a unique way with the English language, Miss Frog.”

Back
Top Bottom