• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura and MSP?

Does the article say anything about why he was pulled over? Common practice seems to be drive 20mph over the speed limit with your lights out at 2am .

TROOPERS ARREST MAN WITH ILLEGALLY POSSESSED FIREARM

At approximately 5 p.m. on December 5, Trooper Anthony Profetto, assigned to State Police-Sturbridge, observed a black Dodge Charger pass his location with a license plate violation. Trooper Profetto entered traffic and caught up to the vehicle, then noticed that the vehicle’s registration expired last August. He activated his emergency lights and initiated a motor vehicle stop.

Once the Dodge came to a full stop, Trooper Profetto approached the passenger side and informed the operator, later identified as MARCUS TRUSTY, 26, of Brunswick, Maine, why he was stopped. While speaking to TRUSTY, the Trooper observed what he suspected was the buttstock of a firearm wedged between the center console and the passenger seat. TRUSTY was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He did inform the Trooper there was a firearm in the vehicle and that he is not licensed to possess them. TRUSTY was removed from the vehicle and placed under arrest. Trooper Profetto retrieved the object and identified it as a loaded 9mm Hi-Point 995, along with an additional 18 rounds of ammunition.

TRUSTY was transported to the Sturbridge Barracks for booking. A bail commissioner was contacted and set bail at $1,000. He was later transported to the Worcester County House of Correction to await his arraignment at Dudley District Court on the following charges:

1. Illegal Possession of a Firearm;
2. Carrying a Loaded Firearm;
3. Improper Storage of a Firearm;
4. Possession of Assault Weapon;
5. Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device;
6. Possession of Ammunition without FID Card;
7. License Plate Violation; and
8. Operating an Unregistered Vehicle.

-30-

He's also been charged with having large capacity feeding devices, but those appear to be cripple mags....

It doesn’t matter. He does not have an LTC. In MA a ten round magazine is a “large capacity feeding device” and you need an LTC to possess it. Look at your LTC it says “Large capacity” right on it.

Someone else in Maine in that area by his name but 20 years older that is in and out of prison/ a felon
Maybe his father

But I see no crime. He did not get his permission slip but I would not convict

If he is poor (hi point) he is fd anyways and will plead out

the improper storage will get thrown out because he can say it was in his direct control if he is "guilty" of carrying it? or vis versa? cant have it both ways?
that is definately NOT an assault weapon.
those definatley look like single stack 10 round mags from the picture?? so no large capacity charge?
i mean, he is screwed, but not as bad as the charges if he can lawyer up.

He had a "license plate violation" (not clarified) which is why the trooper was following, Then while following, the trooper noticed his plate expired in August.

Since it doesn't have the other "evil" features, doesn't the threaded barrel not count?
Or count as the only "evil" feature?
It has a detachable magazine and pistol grip. IF there is a threaded barrel, that would be 2, making it an AW.
Well, I won’t argue with that as you would know 😂 my understanding was that it was.
Large capacity == greater than 10 in rifles or pistols, 5 in shotguns. 10 is not greater than 10, so not large capacity. This is why you can have 10 round magazines in your pistol that are not prebans.
the improper storage will get thrown out because he can say it was in his direct control if he is "guilty" of carrying it? or vis versa? cant have it both ways?
that is definately NOT an assault weapon.
those definatley look like single stack 10 round mags from the picture?? so no large capacity charge?
i mean, he is screwed, but not as bad as the charges if he can lawyer up.
Direct control doesn't (in my understanding) apply to long guns. If it was accessible to him, or it was loaded, he's not transporting in compliance with FOPA.

His registration was expired, He had no LTC, he had a loaded carbine in plain sight stuffed between the seat and center console.

The “Assault Weapon” charge was a BS add on so the cops can get praise for taking that scary black gun off the streets.

If the car was registered, if he had a valid class A LTC (or one valid for his state), if the gun was unloaded and properly secured there would have been no “Assault Weapon” charge.

The #1 thing this guy is guilty of is being a dumb ass.

1670628865236.png

They took the time to empty the bullets and stage them next to the mags in an OCD manner that I can appreciate.. I swear, must be some hack job created by the state where some guy goes around and poses guns and stuff.. Probably spent 10 hours working on the angles. They should have put like $16.00 in ones in there to complete the picture.
The bullets on the right do not appear to be perfectly aligned. Being a OCD expert myself, I'd fire the guy that hey have posing their seized guns.

His registration was expired, He had no LTC, he had a loaded carbine in plain sight stuffed between the seat and center console.

The “Assault Weapon” charge was a BS add on so the cops can get praise for taking that scary black gun off the streets.

If the car was registered, if he had a valid class A LTC (or one valid for his state), if the gun was unloaded and properly secured there would have been no “Assault Weapon” charge.

The #1 thing this guy is guilty of is being a dumb ass.

View attachment 696115
But don’t let the fact he was from Maine influence your thoughts.

Kid who didn’t know better on MA gun laws.
NOTE: Do not think his dumb ass deserved the stop for not paying attention to the simple reason for keeping your exterior appearance 100% legal. All lights working and a good state sticker collection is important.

It has a detachable magazine and pistol grip. IF there is a threaded barrel, that would be 2, making it an AW.

Large capacity == greater than 10 in rifles or pistols, 5 in shotguns. 10 is not greater than 10, so not large capacity. This is why you can have 10 round magazines in your pistol that are not prebans.

Direct control doesn't (in my understanding) apply to long guns. If it was accessible to him, or it was loaded, he's not transporting in compliance with FOPA.
Right, because IF it was unloaded, technically a non-large capacity rifle does not have to be locked and secured? But, that is for MA transport with a license; for FOPA??? trunk?
i mean the guy is still kind of an idiot to have a loaded long gun, in MA, stuffed in the seat with expired tags. In Maine thats probably cool.

Being a CDL holder, do yourself a favor and don't give them an excuse to pull you over. Current sticker, plate decal, all lights working and flow with traffic.
You posted as I was writing.
Beyond that it’s paying attention to what’s around you and don’t do stupid shit.
I drive fast. Not stupid.

That’s a HI-Point 9mm. Doesn’t accept double stacked mags. Was originally designed in response to the first AWB. They may as well add the charge of owning a really “FUGLY” firearm. Troopers can charge anything they want and see what sticks later.

Edit: Does not come with a threaded barrel.
There are at least two models. If you can tell the difference from that shot, you're a better person than I.

So just saw this pop up on FB. Maine man arrested for illegal possession in MA. Nothing unusual, see it all the time. What caught my eye was he was charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon, which you never see when gang-bangers get arrested in Dorchester with ARs. What is curious is that the weapon in question is easily purchased and sold in MA and I don't see enough features to make it an "AW." Do we think Maura is upto some tricks before she even takes office?View attachment 695943
Is that from Babylon Bee?

This abomination is as black as the devil's heart and clearly an Assault Weapon of war.
Thank you, Massachusetts State Police, for making even just one citizen feel safer... 🙏

1670630193679.png

TROOPERS ARREST MAN WITH ILLEGALLY POSSESSED FIREARM

At approximately 5 p.m. on December 5, Trooper Anthony Profetto, assigned to State Police-Sturbridge, observed a black Dodge Charger pass his location with a license plate violation. Trooper Profetto entered traffic and caught up to the vehicle, then noticed that the vehicle’s registration expired last August. He activated his emergency lights and initiated a motor vehicle stop.

Once the Dodge came to a full stop, Trooper Profetto approached the passenger side and informed the operator, later identified as MARCUS TRUSTY, 26, of Brunswick, Maine, why he was stopped. While speaking to TRUSTY, the Trooper observed what he suspected was the buttstock of a firearm wedged between the center console and the passenger seat. TRUSTY was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He did inform the Trooper there was a firearm in the vehicle and that he is not licensed to possess them. TRUSTY was removed from the vehicle and placed under arrest. Trooper Profetto retrieved the object and identified it as a loaded 9mm Hi-Point 995, along with an additional 18 rounds of ammunition.

TRUSTY was transported to the Sturbridge Barracks for booking. A bail commissioner was contacted and set bail at $1,000. He was later transported to the Worcester County House of Correction to await his arraignment at Dudley District Court on the following charges:

1. Illegal Possession of a Firearm;
2. Carrying a Loaded Firearm;
3. Improper Storage of a Firearm;
4. Possession of Assault Weapon;
5. Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device;
6. Possession of Ammunition without FID Card;
7. License Plate Violation; and
8. Operating an Unregistered Vehicle.

-30-

Thank you. Im not on FB and couldnt see any details other than what the op posted. Other than a bad bulb, like eboos experienced and suggested on the first page, or a missing front plate, what other license plate violations are there? Tinted cover over the plate maybe?

I think any type of "assault weapons" are illegal to possess in Boston, maybe he got busted in Boston? They just made up the definition of "assault weapon" ?

Or...

They threw massive charges at him to see what sticks.
The pic literally says State Police STURBRIDGE, MA

Back
Top Bottom