• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura and MSP?

The only thing worse than going down for a Highpoint "assault rifle" is going down for accidentally taking a Keltec to Logan in your carry-on and having to explain to your friends how the F a Keltec got in to your bag or how the F you didnt sanitize your range bag you also use as a carry on. [rofl]

Last edited:
So the law only protects you if you know all of the transportation laws of the state you're traveling through. Does this apply to firearms that are also legal in this state? For example if I'm traveling through Massachusetts with a side-by-side shotgun and I don't live in the state and it's not in the locked container is that in violation of Massachusetts state law simply because I don't have a license for Massachusetts?
Correct

So the law only protects you if you know all of the transportation laws of the state you're traveling through. Does this apply to firearms that are also legal in this state? For example if I'm traveling through Massachusetts with a side-by-side shotgun and I don't live in the state and it's not in the locked container is that in violation of Massachusetts state law simply because I don't have a license for Massachusetts?
That's correct yes

So just saw this pop up on FB. Maine man arrested for illegal possession in MA. Nothing unusual, see it all the time. What caught my eye was he was charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon, which you never see when gang-bangers get arrested in Dorchester with ARs. What is curious is that the weapon in question is easily purchased and sold in MA and I don't see enough features to make it an "AW." Do we think Maura is upto some tricks before she even takes office?View attachment 695943
Were there any lungs on the ground?

FOPA is a Fed law and so what is required is the same everywhere, you do need to know it but there is only one version. Except NY, I hear they will arrest anyway and you get to use FOPA as a defence, hearsay.

I;m still wondering why he had a loaded mag that doesn't even fit the gun.

But don’t let the fact he was from Maine influence your thoughts.

Kid who didn’t know better on MA gun laws.
NOTE: Do not think his dumb ass deserved the stop for not paying attention to the simple reason for keeping your exterior appearance 100% legal. All lights working and a good state sticker collection is important.

Unless you’re taking a driver’s license test, then you should get a pass.

Unless you’re taking a driver’s license test, then you should get a pass.
Ok. If you say so. 😂
Tell me this. Why should it only count on your drivers test?
When was the first time a class C driver had to perform a simple circle check?

If your going to do stupid shit at least make sure all your lights work and the registration and inspection are OK before you begin.
Sort of like don’t speed or run lights.

Ok. If you say so. 😂
Tell me this. Why should it only count on your drivers test?
When was the first time a class C driver had to perform a simple circle check?

If your going to do stupid shit at least make sure all your lights work and the registration and inspection are OK before you begin.
Sort of like don’t speed or run lights.
It’s a joke. It’s a dig on another thread about a kid failing because the car didn’t have the right paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom