Milford Rifle Range

JPO

There is, or was, a rifle range in Milford, Ma. on Route 85. It was for Civilian Marksmanship and open to the public. I was on my way home from work yesterday and took the long way home through Milford. I looked for the stone wall and gate at the entrance and found them still standing.

I was a little surprised to see a chain across the entrance with a sign saying it is Miford police land and no trespassing. I looked up the CMP and found it still in existence, but definitely neutered without congressional support. I have been out of the sport for a while, but I can't believe things have changed sooooo much.

Is it just that I live in Ma., or are we forgetting our heritage?

The range you are talking about on 85 is ( I believe the MPD range for practice and qualifying.) There is a Rod and gun Club in Milford (Maspenock) that has CMP shoots once a month. They have been on hold for awhile. But I believe they are starting up soon.

The range you are talking about on 85 is ( I believe the MPD range for practice and qualifying.) There is a Rod and gun Club in Milford (Maspenock) that has CMP shoots once a month. They have been on hold for awhile. But I believe they are starting up soon.

I think thats the old National Guard range and hasn't been open to the public for at least 15-20 years

Back
Top Bottom