Motorcycle traffic violation - Cop pulls out gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a back road with no houses at 3am. I could see headlights coming literally a mile away, and also took a trip down to be sure nobody was in the road. It is a barely used road, especially at 3am.
You were way overdriving your headlights. If someone was walking on the side of the road, by the time you saw them you would already have hit them.

You were way overdriving your headlights. If someone was walking on the side of the road, by the time you saw them you would already have hit them.

Here's the full vid, I think....

Looks like he gets "pinged" at about 1:07 or so...

ETA: Looks like earlier in the vid he is definitely hauling some ass.... those cars are disappearing
pretty fast....

I don't see the issue here. The whole stop looks appropriate to me based on the video provided. We can hypothesize about what happened before the video or off camera but based on how the biker was driving and the way he backed the bike up when the officer closed off in front of him it looked appropriate to me. Of course, what do I know...

"Police! Don't move!" or "Police! Get off the motorcycle!"

...the cop wanted him off the bike before exchanging introductions...

Not true. "introductions" (your words) spoken at :06, rider steps off the bike at :21.

You weren't there. I won't get into this as you have no idea of the situation. Nobody on earth can walk 2 miles in 30 seconds.

I love how I admit fault and yet you still have to try to prove me wrong.

And as far as the video is concerned, he deserved what he got.

Last edited:

ETA: Looks like earlier in the vid he is definitely hauling some ass.... those cars are disappearing
pretty fast....

Thanks for the rest of the story...

It is hard to judge a police officer's actions without being there. You really do have to trust the judgment of the police officer in the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You weren't there. I won't get into this as you have no idea of the situation. Nobody on earth can walk 2 miles in 30 seconds.
You were going in excess of 100 mph, correct? You were driving at night, correct? Sorry, but your headlights won't go that far.

You were going in excess of 100 mph, correct? You were driving at night, correct? Sorry, but your headlights won't go that far.

I think he's referring to the fact that he drove up and down the road prior to making his run to verify that the road was empty. Someone could have walked onto the road from the treeline, though, so you're point is still valid to me.

I think he's referring to the fact that he drove up and down the road prior to making his run to verify that the road was empty. Someone could have walked onto the road from the treeline, though, so you're point is still valid to me.

There is one patch of trees and bushes where I started, other than that its a field about 400yds deep to woodline, on both sides of the road. Anything else you would like cleared up? And the fields are searched with a spotlight as well. So, no, nobody could have got to where I was in the time allotted. Like I said, I am not going to get into this any more. You were not there. I said this as an example of what happens when you screw off. Not so you can tell me that I put others in danger, as I did not. I put myself in danger, and I was fine with that. I had a fully caged race car and all appropriate safety gear, helmet included. I have left out much of the story, as I don't see the need to put it on the net. Trust me, you shouldn't speak of something you know nothing about. If you feel you know more of the situation, having not been there, than that's fine. I can give you a list of people that will tell you there is no way anybody was making it into the road.

There is one patch of trees and bushes where I started, other than that its a field about 400yds deep to woodline, on both sides of the road. Anything else you would like cleared up? And the fields are searched with a spotlight as well. So, no, nobody could have got to where I was in the time allotted. Like I said, I am not going to get into this any more. You were not there. I said this as an example of what happens when you screw off. Not so you can tell me that I put others in danger, as I did not. I put myself in danger, and I was fine with that. I had a fully caged race car and all appropriate safety gear, helmet included. I have left out much of the story, as I don't see the need to put it on the net. Trust me, you shouldn't speak of something you know nothing about. If you feel you know more of the situation, having not been there, than that's fine. I can give you a list of people that will tell you there is no way anybody was making it into the road.

Neat.

pretty fast....
He was "definitely hauling some ass"? Seriously? He passed a friggin' bus at no more than +5, and doesn't seem to have been going more than +10 over the prevailing traffic at any point. It's a wide-angle camera, so that distorts the perceived speed.

Yeah, he passed on the right. Get back to me when they start enforcing "keep right except to pass" at gunpoint.

At 3:01, he turns around and we see that a cruiser is behind him (can't see any flashing lights in that brief glance), then he immediately slows down and pulls to a stop. Officer Underarmour, in plain clothes, cuts him off to pin him against the rail, then exits an unmarked, non-police vehicle, with no visible badge or uniform or sign of authority, with his hand on his gun, gives commands and draws his gun.

If not for the cruiser behind, our motorcycle rider would have been fully justified to draw and fire the moment Officer Underarmour was halfway out the door with with hand on his pistol.

...If not for the cruiser behind, our motorcycle rider would have been fully justified to draw and fire the moment Officer Underarmour was halfway out the door with with hand on his pistol.

For real, thats the angle you want to go with??? So now we will monday morning quarterback things by eliminating the obvious facts of the actual situation??? A LOT of things could be different if there was no marked cruiser clearly behind him, hell he probably would not be pulled over in the first place...so since we want to play "what if" I think we'd all agree that the plain cloths LEO would be completely justified in drawing his sidearm if there was a midget holding a desert eagle strapped to the motorcyclist's back...hey it could happen I saw it on that "toes in the water, ass in the sand" video...[smile]

It looks like he stops with the traffic ahead of him and knowing the cruiser is behind him. The grey car makes a provocative move boxing him in. I would instantly assume an aggressive driver-vigilanty in the grey car...cop or no cop in a cruiser behind me. Backing the bike up towards the cruiser appears defensive. I probably would have screamed for help...LOL

I ride a Harley which has no key to throw down. Kill the engine, both feet flat on the ground and both wrists on top of the handgrips opened wide. I put my E-flashers on once I'm stopped. I also mention that my wallet is on a chain and ask not to be shot or assaulted when they see the chrome flash and jingle. It really does ease the tension. I've never had a ticket so it must work ok. Good thing they haven't patted me down though. In my 40 years riding experience I have to say, I've done some wild things on a bike.

Watch the whole vid, when he drops back from the cars for a second then catches up, he is on the back tire. I am sure that's why he was getting pulled over.
The undercover guy has a hard on to use his gun I think. He could have just used his badge vs the gun. The bike was already pulled over stopping. If he was going to run he would have been going much faster.

There is a guy on the web who tapes himself evading police. Who knows what the guy on the bike was doing. I don't know if you have ever been pulled over going way too fast, but I have. The cops will usually have guns drawn long before they announce who they are. In my situation, about 6 years ago, I was stopped doing 145 in my Eclipse, I was removed from my vehicle and had multiple cops with their guns pointed at me in seconds. The cop that initially stopped me was in an unmarked car and plain clothes. And trust me he never bothered to do anything but identify himself as being armed. When you do something stupid, you know when you've been caught. The cop did the right thing, protected his own ass and the lives of everyone else on the street.

When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes, like a gun in your face. Don't blame the cop for this guy's mistake. If he is wearing a helmet cam, it's not to document himself obeying the law.

When you posted about your racing speeds did you think your mother would be reading to yell at you even after you admit you were in the wrong[smile]

Guy was definitely riding like an idiot, pulling wheelies in traffic. I was not aware that doing that is a shootable offense though.

could have escaped

that guy had plenty of room to get by all those cars ive been chased that was an easy escape thats what you get when you give up

that guy had plenty of room to get by all those cars ive been chased that was an easy escape thats what you get when you give up

[rofl]

Yeah, only to find a cruiser parked in front of his house when he got home.

-Mike

Bike off, keys on the ground, kickstand up is what I've heard to be a standard method some some LEO friends of mine. That way you can't do much of anything without laying the bike down first.

I've only been pulled over once on my bike, and that was because my registration sticker had fallen off at some point. I shut down, got off the bike, and removed my helmet.

No drama, the cop didn't say a word, and sent me on my way when I showed him my current registration.

When you posted about your racing speeds did you think your mother would be reading to yell at you even after you admit you were in the wrong[smile]

No, I thought admitting I was an idiot would suffice.

I still don't see what the big deal is with the video. 1 cop pulls his gun and puts it away 10 seconds later, and the cop was wrong? I guess he's a victim because the cop didn't appreciate his sweet bike skills? If he got shot, then we would have something to talk about.

The cop maybe could have been a little more considerate but he'd just chased someone through traffic and there was a marked cruiser right behind the motorcycle. Of course, a LOT of fake officers do fake pull overs right in from of real cops...

I have no dramamine so I won't watch the video again, but how fast did the motorcycle seem to be going when it passed the unmarked?

(Was the thrill ride before he passed that or during?)

I think from the limited video that was provided and given the facts from the video as the only thing to go from in regards to this, it would appear that the bike was being stopped for some reason and maybe or maybe not, it was attempting to leave the scene??? That might be why the plain cloth officer pulled his car in front to block the bike from pulling away????? Again, its all speculative, because we don't know the rest of the story. But there is a marked unit behind him and an unmarked in front. Would appear he was trying to back his bike up to maybe go around the unmarked?? But the trooper did state he was SP plenty of times and if it was a high risk stop, pulling your badge out of its location to hold it up in front of you, on his belt or on a neck chain, just doesn't make sense, until things are under control. the short time that was viewed, does not give enough facts or explanation of the event. Just my 2 cents. But he looked like he did a good job and verbalized just fine. The wheelie past the bus might have something to do with it or maybe the speed. No clue, but just a guess. But don't we have better things to do?

Last edited:
I'm sure the motorcycle driver just keeps a camera on him to film himself safely driving through traffic, not make those videos all over the web of what it looks like to weave through traffic at 180.

Seriously.

The undercover guy has a hard on to use his gun I think. He could have just used his badge vs the gun.

On average, how many hours of TV would you say that you watch per week?

As tough of a time as he had to get it out of the holster, its a good thing nobody was shooting back.

It's pretty clear this was staged. I don't know too many motorcycle riders using helmet cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom