• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Motorcyclist pulls gun during road-rage confrontation, gets shot and killed by other driver

Reptile

NES Member

The rider stopped his bike in traffic and walked back toward an SUV with his gun drawn​

FORT WORTH, Texas — A road-rage confrontation turned deadly in Texas when the rider of a motorcycle pulled a gun on another motorist, only to be shot and killed in the process. The case appears to be an act of self-defense.

The fatal sequence occurred last Friday on the I-35W in Fort Worth. A motorcyclist, identified as JaDerek Gray, 19, was lane splitting — riding his bike between vehicles — which is illegal in Texas, Fox4 reported.

During Gray’s maneuver, an unidentified SUV driver began changing lanes, forcing Gray to swerve to avoid a collision, CBS DFW said.

After passing several vehicles, Gray reportedly parked his motorcycle in traffic lanes, blocking motorists traveling northbound. After impeding traffic in this manner, he reportedly began walking back toward the SUV while aiming a handgun at the driver.

Police said the SUV driver was the first person to call 911 following the shooting and that he has been cooperative throughout the investigation. (FOX 4 YouTube)

The driver of the SUV had children in the vehicle, and warned Gray to “please, put the gun down,” according to witnesses.

However, the antagonistic rider continued to approach in a threatening manner. Police believe the motorcyclist actually fired one round without hitting anyone. Therefore, the SUV driver retrieved a firearm and opened fire, hitting Gray several times, the New York Post reported.

Gray was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The SUV driver was the first to call 911 after the shooting, and has been cooperative during the course of the investigation.

No charges have been filed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1CrSnfKNGI&t=169s

As a long term rider of 40+ years...
Even if legal, lane-splitting incredibly dangerous and borderline stupid. Hollering at somebody whose negligence put you at risk is debatable, in this case biker was wrong and should have just stfu. Blocking traffic to trap the guy was effective, yet compounds his stupidity. Threatening with a gun when you're effectively the one "who started it" is hypocritical at best. Biker got EXACTLY what he asked for. No f***s given for dead biker, assuming the story is accurate as reported above.

As a long term rider of 40+ years...
Even if legal, lane-splitting incredibly dangerous and borderline stupid. Hollering at somebody whose negligence put you at risk is debatable, in this case biker was wrong and should have just stfu. Blocking traffic to trap the guy was effective, yet compounds his stupidity. Threatening with a gun when you're effectively the one "who started it" is hypocritical at best. Biker got EXACTLY what he asked for. No f***s given for dead biker, assuming the story is accurate as reported above.
Going to agree with everything EXCEPT “lane-splitting incredibly dangerous and borderline stupid.”

Your opinion notwithstanding, lots of riders lane split every day without incident. Here in MA, I’ll filter at a light and have (safely and w/o incident) split my way up Rt2 around the double donuts of death near Alewife and down the SE Xway. Beats the risk of getting smushed between the bumpers of two drooling failbook reading “drivers.” In CA, where it’s legal, I don’t think twice about doing it.

What is dangerous (IMO) is if the delta between the speed of the cages and the bike is too high. Be smart, be in control and do your thing.

Going to agree with everything EXCEPT “lane-splitting incredibly dangerous and borderline stupid.”

Your opinion notwithstanding, lots of riders lane split every day without incident. Here in MA, I’ll filter at a light and have (safely and w/o incident) split my way up Rt2 around the double donuts of death near Alewife and down the SE Xway. Beats the risk of getting smushed between the bumpers of two drooling failbook reading “drivers.” In CA, where it’s legal, I don’t think twice about doing it.

What is dangerous (IMO) is if the delta between the speed of the cages and the bike is too high. Be smart, be in control and do your thing.
Most of the motorcycle riding world manages to filter, we're the only country that generally doesn't accept it because it's "too dangerous" and/or "not fair." It can be done safely and responsibly, let's let folks aim for just that.

No. Lane splitting is just F'ing stupid. Been riding since I was 18 off and on. It's f'ing retarded.

Most of the motorcycle riding world manages to filter, we're the only country that generally doesn't accept it because it's "too dangerous" and/or "not fair." It can be done safely and responsibly, let's let folks aim for just that.
Dude, responsible motorcycle riders are out numbered about 3 to 1 by sociopathic a**h***s.

Nah. That kind of riding is for idiots. when bikers drive dangerously, when surrounded by cars, bikers lose. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom