Muzzleloading parts, kits etc

JonJ

NES Member
While hunting around the net looking for a kit or rifle, I came on this company, Track of the Wolf Inc. They have all kinds of traditional muzzleloading stuff. The kits are over my head but got me thinking about a winter project.
My brother builds his own stuff from parts he picks up at rendezvous so I'll be able to tap his brain.
Check out the book section for some interesting reading.
I think I'll be ordering one of their catalogs[smile]

OOOOO man those kits are sweet. I have more than i'd ever need to put them together, do all the metal finish work, etc etc. I know what to ask for Xmas now!

My grandfather was a wood carver, and for Christmas every year, my mother and her brother would buy him a kit. He would "fix the wood and carve it out to make it right" as he would say. He would go to some great lengths to get the wood looking great, and then shoot it a couple of times, and put it away.

About 20 years ago I built a cVA kit. I think it was $85 or so. It's not the fanciest rifle out there but it's a damn good shooter. It was a fun project.

Jarhead

Bass Pro has the Traditions Kentucky rifle kit on sale for $179. Not a bad price for what it is. A good starter to get your feet wet if you want to try a real kit. I'm hoping it's on sale until I can get up there.
I think it would make an excellent Christmas gift[smile]

According to the BassPro flier for PA store (choose MA and you get "null" fliers), the sale for this rifle kit is until 11/18.

Back
Top Bottom