My License is in and IM GREEN!!!

Hey guys,

Just checked my voicemail to find out that my license is ready to be picked up. Someone else on this site got his already from the same city, and said his was restricted. I put down that Im a landlord and a business owner in hopes that it'll clear me for unrestricted. The cop said "Your license to carry is in"...maybe I'm all good, I'll find out later on today. Thougth I'd share here, since noone else really cares, lol.

I'll find out soon if there are any restrictions....should bee grabbing it in an hour or so...

Who's the POS cop? I've encountered nothing but nice cops in Medford so far...

I wouldn't put the cart before the horse. He said your LTC is in, not that it didn't have any restrictions on it. Even people with restricted licenses still have a "license to carry"...

I saw it looong ago, don't remember much from it...is it worth a second watch?

Always. You can do an Omega Man/Soylent green double feature on a friday night. [grin]

Heston's pre Ben Hur movies are great fun in today's context. You can't imagine today making a movie like omega man. In fact, I Am Legend is a duplicate of it and it completely removes the female lead from omega man and turns her into wil smith's character's wife who is not featured throughout the entire main part of the movie.

yeah I know...don't piss on my parade...wishful thinking!!! lol

How is it a license to carry, if you can't carry though?

Either way, I'm buying me some guns today!
Not trying to piss on your parade at all. Massachusetts has three licenses:

Firearms Identification Card - FID
License to Carry Firearms Class B - LTC-B
License to Carry Firearms Class A - LTC-A

Why do they call it a "license to carry" when restrictions can be applied to not allow for carrying it? I haven't the slightest clue.

Why do they call it a "license to carry" when restrictions can be applied to not allow for carrying it? I haven't the slightest clue
Easy - because the definition of "carry" in MGL is substantially different from the english language definition of the word. Any action involving movement is "carry" ,even if the gun is unloaded in a locked case in the trunk of a car you are legally "carrying" it while driving.

What is harder to explain is why the MGL definition of firearms incluides handguns but not rifles and shotguns, but the "Firearms Identification Card" does not authorize possession of the only items the vast majority of MGL recognizes as "firearms".

Or, similarly, why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

Well, the Detective who handles the licensing left about 20 minutes before I got there....and noone else could go get it for me. AND the only 2 shops I planned on visiting are Zero Hour Arms and Four Seasons, both close on Sundays and MONDAYS.....

Jeees, talk about not meant to be...

Well, the Detective who handles the licensing left about 20 minutes before I got there....and noone else could go get it for me. AND the only 2 shops I planned on visiting are Zero Hour Arms and Four Seasons, both close on Sundays and MONDAYS.....

That's a bummer. [frown][angry] Sorry to hear it.

Realize that the end of the day shift for most PDs is 4PM, so if you want their attention you really need to arrange to be there by 3:30PM at the latest.

Good luck.

God forbid someone else could get it for you... If only they had your picture on it or something!!! [angry]

I'm sure there was SOMEONE that was authorized to get it for me.... Oh yeah, I'll be there at 9am, bright eyed and bushy tailed.... But of course Tuesdays I work until 5 and I don't I'll make it to any shops on time.

[frown][sad][crying][frown][sad][crying]

I hate when PD's pull that BS. Why can't any one of them walk over, pick it up, and hand it to you?! [angry] It's just another way for MA PD's to institute their own "waiting period". Some towns will do whatever they can to make it take as long as possible for one to get their LTC.

Back
Top Bottom