My new WOP match upper is on its way.................

John Holliger e-mailed me and said my AR match upper was being test fired "as we speak" and figured he'd ship it monday.
It has been just 3 months as a few of you said it would be. I sure hope it's worth the wait.
Got about 250 LC cases all set and ready to go for it along with a box of 77SMKs, and a pound of RL-15.
Needless to say, as long as the UPS truck doesn't get hi-jacked and I don't meet with some bizzare set of circumstances while this thing's heading East, I should be out trying it out next weekend.
CJC

No.....I have all the compnents, just need the rifle to test them in.
John at WOP has a nice little reloading section in his webpage (I'm sure you've seen it) I do believe that's what I'll start with.
No sense in getting too crazy w/ the 77s as they don't begin to shine till you're out past 200 (so I hear).
If I'll try some loads to see what I can get for groups out at 200, though, and see what comes of it.
Scott

Cledus:

Where are you going to test fire??? Maybe I'll come out...

Remember to load low and work up your load.... My gun from WOA doesn't need the high charges listed on John"s sight, and of course, you want to watch for high pressure signs.... but then you already knew that... right?

Best of luck.

Jon

I'll be putting the 200 yard range at Old Colony to good use come Saturday. That is, if the UPS truck finds it's way to my door sometime this week.
I dare say I'll take my time, follow whatever directions John includes as far as break-in and such.
I'll take this week and throw a bunch of rounds together for the "test drive".
Thus begins a week of unbearable anticipation.
CJC

And.........as I mentioned previously, I looked at Mr. Holliger's observations on loads with the 69 and 80 SMK using Re-15 among others.
What are you guys using for 77s?
CJC

OK... so your WOP Upper arrived and you're probably in the ammo bunker tweaking your loads for this weekend... right?

So how's it going??? Hope to see you at Woburn this Sunday...

Jon

I made up 5 different loads (5 rounds each) with Re-15 and 77SMKs, all with an OAL of 2.260.
I'll use up some 69s I have to get on the paper at 200 then shoot for group size once I know all 5 per batch will hit the paper.
TAARSLaB's son has got a football game on Saturday morning, so I'd like to make that........Then I'll shoot up to Old Colony and see what I can do with this thing.
If I can figure what load works out the best and I get time to make up 50-80 of 'em, I should be in good shape.

Try your sights at 5up/4right at 200yds.... as a starting point... with the 69s...

Do your best to make it to Woburn on Sunday so we can bless the beast...

Jon

Mailmanx said:
Try your sights at 5up/4right at 200yds.... as a starting point... with the 69s...

Do your best to make it to Woburn on Sunday so we can bless the beast...

Jon

Holliger has already zeroed the upper for him. It should shoot center right off the bat.

When the upper showed up at the shop, it had the ScottRiles front base included in the box, not on the barrel.
I did use a level and took my time installing it.
I'll be sure to bring all the tools I need to get everything squared up and flying right by the end of my sight-in session.
It will surely be a learning experience..........not like A2 sights fer sher.

Back
Top Bottom