My patriot supply.

...Am I reading it wrong? This must be the date it was packed

c2813df86227521998883263d18c05c5.jpg

You're reading it right...And it's good 'til April of the year 26,107. [smile]

There's 12,200mgs of sodium in there too. The upper limit recommended would be 2300 per day or 6900 total. Granted in a Crisis you're more likely to be doing physical activity and need more sodium but not twice the amount. The protein also looks pretty low. The average male needs about 56 grams per day. That food has 76 grams total for 3 days. But hey I guess it's better than eating tree bark [emoji3]

I agree, too many carbs, needs more fat and more protein.

Here is what is inside
As you can see, the calories per serving are way low except for the creamy chicken rice. I also can't find a shelf life except for this marking on top. This can't be right. Am I reading it wrong? This must be the date it was packed

The date is correct but using the new format YYMMDD

Which makes Sep 15, 2029 is the expiration date.

I just got my latest 4 week supply from Patriot. I usually don't open the one week cardboard boxes but decided to open one up. Inside, one of the individual packages of mac & cheese had a tear in it. I called Patriot and they were really nice and seemed genuinely concerned. They're sending me a replacement and I got the tracking number already. I probably should've checked all the other boxes before I called but.... anyway their customer service is great!
Should I be throwing these individual packages in a 5 gallon sealed bucket or something? I usually just stick them on the pantry shelf.
Looks like I'll be having mac & cheese for dinner. [laugh]
c6b4a077c5074439ecf5090faf2a2c89.jpg
05011218ca8f01f28c24fbf60792375d.jpg

Last edited:
www.preparewithglenn.com

MyPatriotSupply special on 4 week food supply totes - $99 ea with free shipping and limit of 2, 8 weeks of food for $198 for one person (2 weeks for a family of 4) - I ordered two.

I think they are a bit light on calorie/serving size - but I have other stuff to supplement.

I finally decided to get serious about laying in a supply of emergency food. I purchased the current version of the Patriot Pantry 72 hour kit. My son and I tried the Creamy Chicken Flavored Rice for an early dinner today. We both thought it was okay, fairly good taste, just a bit bland. We both agreed that it would be better with something such as some chili or hot sauce. But even plain it beats going hungry all to hell. One potential "weakness" is that it takes five cups of water for what they call four servings. We will be trying the Potato Soup sometime later this week to be followed by the oatmeal.

I also got a package of their Franklin's Finest Coffee (60 servings in one pouch). Definitely better than GI C-rat coffee, although it seemed a little week. Might have to work on how much I put in a cup. Won't replace my Keurig but it will serve the purpose it was made for.

IMG_0831.JPG

Has anyone ever tried to do a week of eating? Seems like everyone likes the taste but it also seems like everything is pretty watery and not a whole lot of diversity - I wonder how long until menu fatigue sets in. I might pick some up to supplement the MREs I've got stashed away.

Back
Top Bottom