Near-Fest XI - May 4th & 5th

Not me!!!!!!

You're NOT going ?????

Nutkick.gif

How does it compare to the Mit swap fests? I go to the swap fest every month, but I've noticed a dilution in goods over the past few years.

Our Taunton group will be going one day, probably Friday, but not getting a commercial spot this time and not setting up a table. Just browsing this time.

I'll be there as usual. Same spot with about a doz buds. New this year:

The fee schedule is as follows:

Campers (as defined above): $30.00 per night

Tenters $15.00 per night

This includes electricity and water hookups.

How does it compare to the Mit swap fests? I go to the swap fest every month, but I've noticed a dilution in goods over the past few years.

No comparison.
This is the Super Bowl of Ham Fleas for New England and runs for two days.
But compared to Dayton it rates only an OK.

I'll be there as usual. Same spot with about a doz buds. New this year:

The fee schedule is as follows:

Campers (as defined above): $30.00 per night

Tenters $15.00 per night

This includes electricity and water hookups.

Did they change something ????

I've always paid $30 on Friday for myself, camper trailer and tow vehicle.

BTW, not many people actually get water hookup.
They only have about a dozen camper slabs for that, and those are in the lower field where most people don't want to be.
I myself have been camping there since NF-I, but that was mostly for the unobstructed line of sight to the satellites.

Now it's looking quite proper.
Friday: 60% chance of rain
Saturday: 30%

I think I'll stay home and play at the New England QSO Party this weekend.

Yeah, it's looking like I'm blowing off Friday and working instead
Why waste a vacation day when the weather is crappy.
I still need to get some stuff, so I'll go up Saturday, and I'll probably make a stop at Rileys in Hooksett on the way back.

There are things I wish I could un-see...and smell

A free form junk sale for radios - that's all - no program of events info, no map of the grounds, no real communication of important issues/topics - closing time for instance.

2 things to instantly improve things:
a vendor with clam chowder & soups
a booth for good hygiene complete with showers, soap and hot water - it will need to take place in one of the horse barns...

well...I was there in the pre paid line early on Friday....the whole day sucked....typical rain-fest[sad] Set up in the normal spot with ~10 of my fellow hams that were tailgaiting also. Always have fun socializing, but the rain was not fun......Boxboro next, then fall near-fest [smile]

A free form junk sale for radios - that's all - no program of events info, no map of the grounds, no real communication of important issues/topics - closing time for instance.

a booth for good hygiene complete with showers, soap and hot water - it will need to take place in one of the horse barns...

First time? [rofl]

Its been that way for over 33 years, I doubt if it will change much now. The rain always sucks but you get used to it. Had a great time and found tons of great stuff! See you all at Boxboro!

Someone has never been to a hamfest before, apparently. [laugh]

-Mike

Yeah, nearly a complete waste of time - my 2 big scores were not radio related - I got a Schrade PH2 for cheap enough to not dicker about $$ - And a Cabbage Case roll away for the same $$

If I'm not working the next one I won't be going.

Back
Top Bottom