Near-Fest XXII - Oct. 12 & 13

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://near-fest.com/

Now they're charging $30 a night for campers/trailers and $15 a night for tents.

Plan on joining us after 3:00PM Thursday for the camp-over and pre-hamfest get-together and help get the fun started early!

So they can now soak you for another night [rolleyes]

I'll likely go Friday, but I'll make it a one day thing, not bringing the camper up anymore.

yup, can't wait [smile] i'll be up there same day , same place with about 10-12 of my friends [wink] we mon 145.39 direct and the GE moto 900 rep....hope the wx is good !!

Im kb1pyb name is David,I have not been to near fest in a couple years.Looking forward to stopping by.

I went as planned, got there right after the rain stopped.
Met up with fellow NES'ers Radio, Uncle Griz, N1OTY and BigBird.
The turnout was on the low side, and I didn't find any of the UHF Trunking radios I was looking for, but I did get a few of the odds and ends I needed, but not everything.
I decided to do one last quick walk around before leaving.
Glad I did because I scored a great deal on a very minty Bearcat 760XLT with tone decoder installed for $40, and a Garmin GPS-III in like new condition for $20. I used it on the ride home and it works excellent.
I left about 3:30, I still had money in my pocket so I took a detour over to Wicked Weaponry for a look-see, then down the road to Rileys.

I had fun yesterday. I got great deals on a pair of meters. HRO had a nice price on the MFJ-269PRO that I wanted as an upgrade to my current MFJ-269. Hey, 329.95 is a great price for the Pro version brand new!!! I also picked up a used Bird 4304 with case from the guy at Martin RF Supply for $150 with a 90 day warranty. I did sell one of my 30 watt MCS2000 radio's for 900 MHZ.

Back
Top Bottom