Need a good boston compliant rifle... Is m1a the best ?

I have a "beater" M1 I have been seriously contemplating having Shuff's work his magic on and having him make it into the Mini-G. I've watched that first video about 20 times and each time I see it I get closer and closer to sending it off to him. I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

With the second video, that guy needs to learn how to properly load an M1!

I have a "beater" M1 I have been seriously contemplating having Shuff's work his magic on and having him make it into the Mini-G. I've watched that first video about 20 times and each time I see it I get closer and closer to sending it off to him. I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

With the second video, that guy needs to learn how to properly load an M1!

Schuff does good work.

DSC01688-small.jpg

Why are M1s so damn pretty?
every time i see one i just want to keep looking at it....theyre like a 1960s corvette, just appeal to the eye in every way.

I'm surprised that it doesn't show up on the Boston AWB list. The Mini-14 used to lead the list of "evil guns" because of that whole Texas clock tower thing.

It was also used by platt in the 1986 miami shootout.
I love my mini14 but it just doesnt have the same sex appeal as the M1A

You can get 20 rounds pre-ban mags for M1A's - which I think would be compliant in Boston if you were to go the M1A route. But they're expensive and not exactly easy to come across.

Not sure what makes you think these would be Boston-legal??

Boston Ban bans ALL rifle mags >10 rd capacity, period. No "pre-ban" mags allowed.

They also ban ANY shotgun mags >6 rounds and SPECIFICALLY call out tube-fed shotguns as being banned if they hold >6rds (think Kel-tec KSG).

Boston Ban bans ALL rifle mags >10 rd capacity, period. No "pre-ban" mags allowed.

They also ban ANY shotgun mags >6 rounds and SPECIFICALLY call out tube-fed shotguns as being banned if they hold >6rds (think Kel-tec KSG).

Geezus. Glad I don't live in Boston.

I know the MA rules - I don't know the Boston rules. That's a whole 'nother level of insanity I've never explored and don't really want to.

So if no pre-ban mags are allowed - and only 10 round mags are legal, then this is why I was recommending a Garand. The Garand uses the 8 round enbloc clips. If you're really thinking of this as a fight your way out of the city rifle - and you're going to be restricted to 10 round mags no matter what you do - then you're not losing a lot by going with a Garand. The clips are far cheaper than the mags - and you'll be able to carry more ammo because the clips are more compact than the 10 round mags - and lighter.

If the purpose of this is as a rifle for home defense - then a better choice is probably the M1 carbine that a few people have previously suggested.

The ban on shotguns that hold more than 6rds is only for semi-auto shotguns. http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/bostonawban.html

(2) "Assault weapon" shall not include:(a) a rifle or shotgun which does not employ fixed ammunition;
(b) a rifle or shotgun which was manufactured prior to the year eighteen hundred and ninety-eight;
(c) a rifle or shotgun which operates by manual bolt action;
(d) a rifle or shotgun which operates by lever action;
(e) a rifle or shotgun which operates by slide action;
(f) a rifle or shotgun which is a single shot weapon;
(g) a rifle or shotgun which is a multiple barrel weapon;
(h) a rifle which is a revolving cylinder weapon;
(i) a rifle which employs a fixed magazine with a capacity of ten rounds or less;

Back
Top Bottom