• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need Advice...

Idiot Facepalm GIF

I have a friend who's elderly father is being moved to a nursing home. The dad long ago, let his LTC and FID lapse years ago and I have a feeling the guns, (a .22 pistol and a couple hunting rifles), are unregistered. What's the best way to handle these? Can I buy them from him and register them to me or are they basically illegal and need to be turned in. Or can he have a gun broker come in and buy them? My friend is not a gun guy and has no clue. I don't either lol.

Thanks in advance.
There is no registry in MA. Delete thread. Read @Len-2A Training 's thread on inheritance and what it is and isn't. Is the father mentally capable?? Can they be held until inherited, yes.

As an LTC holder in MA who, which, LGS have you become friends with? Talk to them. Best of luck. Matt

New England ballistic services can probably help 😂

I have a friend who's elderly father is being moved to a nursing home. The dad long ago, let his LTC and FID lapse years ago and I have a feeling the guns, (a .22 pistol and a couple hunting rifles), are unregistered. What's the best way to handle these? Can I buy them from him and register them to me or are they basically illegal and need to be turned in. Or can he have a gun broker come in and buy them? My friend is not a gun guy and has no clue. I don't either lol.

Thanks in advance.
Unregistered guns you say........

I hope most of you posting sh%i here aren't the as$%oles you are here in real life. A guy comes here, asks a simple question and you basement dwellers can't just be a bro and give some helpful advice. He said he wasn't a gun guy, so let's treat him as such! It's pretty basic. But aren't you the real funny ones, snarky, Dbags. Go ahead a blow this up, rip me apart and everything else you do so well. Yet never contribute anything meaningful to this site. Try to goad(look it up) me into responding, is not going to happen. As @btnh6668 said.

I hope most of you posting sh%i here aren't the as$%oles you are here in real life. A guy comes here, asks a simple question and you basement dwellers can't just be a bro and give some helpful advice. He said he wasn't a gun guy, so let's treat him as such! It's pretty basic. But aren't you the real funny ones, snarky, Dbags. Go ahead a blow this up, rip me apart and everything else you do so well. Yet never contribute anything meaningful to this site. Try to goad(look it up) me into responding, is not going to happen. As @btnh6668 said.
Reading comprehension would be helpful.

He said his friend wasn't a gun guy.

No need to rip you apart. Often, it has been my experience, that when a question that an LTC holder really should know, or know how to research quite easily, they get some ribbing. He should be able to help his friend. Instead, he came here, no harm, no foul.

You will find that correct and helpful information is usually posted quite soon, and others will post that that is in fact the best guidance to their questions. As happened here.

There is a group of us that try to help but we also have fun. If you grew up with brothers in the 20th century or played team sports you may understand. Be well. Matt

No need to rip you apart. Often, it has been my experience, that when a question that an LTC holder really should know, or know how to research quite easily, they get some ribbing. He should be able to help his friend. Instead, he came here, no harm, no foul.

You will find that correct and helpful information is usually posted quite soon, and others will post that that is in fact the best guidance to their questions. As happened here.

There is a group of us that try to help but we also have fun. If you grew up with brothers in the 20th century or played team sports you may understand. Be well. Matt
Folks may also point out that this question had been asked and answered ad nauseum - lit., until sickness.

If "most registered members don't post" because their questions can be answered by searching, so that's what they do, they're being more respectful to the community than someone who should know better.

Now THIS is grandfathering

What guns?

The answer was given to you by the second post, while cryptic yet it kinda drive the point home no?
WHAT GUNS

Folks may also point out that this question had been asked and answered ad nauseum - lit., until sickness.

If "most registered members don't post" because their questions can be answered by searching, so that's what they do, they're being more respectful to the community than someone who should know better.
One can also point out that often things change. So a post from a year ago may no longer be relevant today. Who would have thought the point of forums was to interact and learn from each other. Wild thought. No sense in posting anything then. Im sure all the questions that were answered in 2013 are still relevant today.

the clean way would be to log em in with an ffl and out to you on 4473 which ideally would avoid the claims of the estate on them. That would be my path as opposed to directly acquiring them which can get messy should a family member decide that they were an heirloom and start making a stink. If we were talking a straight inheritance from the father to the son its a different story entirely.

If I were you, I would turn them in! To whom
You may ask yourself
Take them to the State house and knock on the front door( Beacon st side) as you go in turn to the left next to the umbrella bin on the right there is a a rifle rack and a few hooks on the wall for pistols .Leave them there. P.S don’t walk through the Boston Common. It is illegal to have firearms. Also if you take the T you must inform the conductor you have a cachet of Firearms. Good luck!

Show us in the doll where the innerweb touched you?

In all fairness, the search feature here is pretty awful.

Not going to "rip you apart", but I'm sticking by my comment. This is nothing but conditioning with a sprinkle of unfounded fear and a dash of laziness. They could have just went to GOAL's website and searched the topic. I'm guessing neither one knows about GOAL though, which is unfortunate. Also, when someone passes away, the state doesn't automatically dispatch a black helicopter to the deceased's residence. You have time to get your shit together.

Unfortunately, being a gun owner in this state takes a little effort. People need to stop being lazy. That goes for everything by the way, people are just getting lazy in general with everything, annoying. Next thing you know they get fat. Leads to bad hygene. Then they will post something about which soap to buy, because they are 300 pounds and stink.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom