• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need Advice...

"What guns?" ... as usual great (illegal) advice by the NES do-no-gooders... who need to understand that not all of us have nothing to lose, have meaningful lives and families and thus would like to be on the legal side of the law and be good citizens. Most of said folks of course will have their war paint and bulletproof vests on, well though out defense lines in their houses and eagerly wait for the entrance team to stack up at their front doors should this ever happen. I am sure you will "give them the bullets first" in the process of "come and get them".

... the rest of us who know how "f*** around find out" works- we would tell the OP to seek legal advice. Call GOAL or COMM2A and ask for the contact info of a recommended atty. Or find one of the attys here- they are not hiding by a long shot. Most if not all of said attys will give you an initial pro bono advice and at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck
My 2 realistic legal 2 cents

"What guns?" ... as usual great (illegal) advice by the NES do-no-gooders... who need to understand that not all of us have nothing to lose, have meaningful lives and families and thus would like to be on the legal side of the law and be good citizens. Most of said folks of course will have their war paint and bulletproof vests on, well though out defense lines in their houses and eagerly wait for the entrance team to stack up at their front doors should this ever happen. I am sure you will "give them the bullets first" in the process of "come and get them".

... the rest of us who know how "f*** around find out" works- we would tell the OP to seek legal advice. Call GOAL or COMM2A and ask for the contact info of a recommended atty. Or find one of the attys here- they are not hiding by a long shot.

Good luck
I ain’t going though all that to save my grandpas JC Higgins 🤣

NES Do-No-Gooders? WTF is that?
Just being a gun owner at this point makes you a “do no gooder” you can jump though all the hoops you want and in the end, if they are jamming you up on not registering the Glenfield .22 your dad left in the basement you’re already in a mess of trouble and “found out”

The only logical advice on “registering” (not even an actual thing here) IE transferring is stated a few threads in

If he’s not the child of the man, then the actual children could pursue them and claim theft of his guns
I can absolutely see that leading to a real problem…

... the rest of us who know how "f*** around find out" works- we would tell the OP to seek legal advice. Call GOAL or COMM2A and ask for the contact info of a recommended atty. Or find one of the attys here- they are not hiding by a long shot. Most if not all of said attys will give you an initial pro bono advice and at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck
This is even more ridiculous than the guy that thought we’d need to look up the definition of “goad”

I hope most of you posting sh%i here aren't the as$%oles you are here in real life. A guy comes here, asks a simple question and you basement dwellers can't just be a bro and give some helpful advice. He said he wasn't a gun guy, so let's treat him as such! It's pretty basic. But aren't you the real funny ones, snarky, Dbags. Go ahead a blow this up, rip me apart and everything else you do so well. Yet never contribute anything meaningful to this site. Try to goad(look it up) me into responding, is not going to happen. As @btnh6668 said.
You offered ZERO advice. You sound like a Karen, yelling at everyone and offering zero help.

I Googled "Gun Inheritance in MA" - top 3 results:

Reddit should be ignored.

Screenshot_20240306_075359_Chrome.jpg

I hope most of you posting sh%i here aren't the as$%oles you are here in real life. A guy comes here, asks a simple question and you basement dwellers can't just be a bro and give some helpful advice. He said he wasn't a gun guy, so let's treat him as such! It's pretty basic. But aren't you the real funny ones, snarky, Dbags. Go ahead a blow this up, rip me apart and everything else you do so well. Yet never contribute anything meaningful to this site. Try to goad(look it up) me into responding, is not going to happen. As @btnh6668 said.
Go green

Good luck
0B9916AE-6B1F-4F1D-8B06-C23B229BB076.jpeg

the clean way would be to log em in with an ffl and out to you on 4473 which ideally would avoid the claims of the estate on them. That would be my path as opposed to directly acquiring them which can get messy should a family member decide that they were an heirloom and start making a stink. If we were talking a straight inheritance from the father to the son its a different story entirely.
Why would an ffl transfer provide any solace if the ownership were challenged?

Basement dweller? That’s ripe. Go back to your mommy’s basement room.

One can also point out that often things change. So a post from a year ago may no longer be relevant today. Who would have thought the point of forums was to interact and learn from each other. Wild thought. No sense in posting anything then. Im sure all the questions that were answered in 2013 are still relevant today.
You're right, things do change. And if the question was "I searched, and the latest thread I could find on this well-covered topic is a couple years old; is there anything else I should know?" the poster would get a different reply.

Honest question: who is learning when we answer the same question a dozen times a week?

Good luck
IIRC, you weren't born here.

Freedom is scary. Thinking like a citizen is hard. I hope you'll join us sometime.

You're right, things do change. And if the question was "I searched, and the latest thread I could find on this well-covered topic is a couple years old; is there anything else I should know?" the poster would get a different reply.

Honest question: who is learning when we answer the same question a dozen times a week?

IIRC, you weren't born here.

Freedom is scary. Thinking like a citizen is hard. I hope you'll join us sometime.

Yes. Absolutely. That is part of my citizen make-up.. no question and I am not hiding it nor I can escape it.

... But I do have seen a thing or two to know my chances in combat against the "F16s" so I do not harbor any illusions if push comes to shove how this will go. The rest is .. posturing .. for the lack of better word. One of the first things we are thought is that unless back against the wall to pick our battles. I am doing just that - F16s and all that.

Yes. Absolutely. That is part of my citizen make-up.. no question and I am not hiding it nor I can escape it.

... But I do have seen a thing or two to know my chances in combat against the "F16s" so I do not harbor any illusions if push comes to shove how this will go. The rest is .. posturing .. for the lack of better word. One of the first things we are thought is that unless back against the wall to pick our battles. I am doing just that - F16s and all that.
There are no F16s associated in acquiring firearms outside the (unjust, therefore unlawful) vision of the state. There are even fewer in simply going to an FFL and having the transfer done in the 100% above board, belt and suspenders manner.

Don't be scared. You're an American now. Welcome home. Be free.

Oh, the good old F-16 argument I love this one
It’s the best red herring in the gun argument world going

It’s wild people think the military, or our government is going to get away with using F-16s within our borders on our own people

I mean, I’m pretty confident that would be not OK with both the left and the right biased population in this country

Maybe if we can replace the whole military with conscripted foreigners that could happen
But I’m certainly not worried about F-16s coming for my 1916 Ithaca side-by-side

Oh, the good old F-16 argument I love this one
It’s the best red herring in the gun argument world going

It’s wild people think the military, or our government is going to get away with using F-16s within our borders on our own people

I mean, I’m pretty confident that would be not OK with both the left and the right biased population in this country

Maybe if we can replace the whole military with conscripted foreigners that could happen
But I’m certainly not worried about F-16s coming for my 1916 Ithaca side-by-side

I was thinking more along the lines of "I will not comply" and the consequences- entry team stacking up at your door, flashbangs and CQC and all that bang - pun intended.

I was thinking more along the lines of "I will not comply" and the consequences- entry team stacking up at your door, flashbangs and CQC and all that bang - pun intended.
Comply with what? What guns? Unless you transfer them they likely don’t even exist in the data base.

Now gun confiscation by LEO is another story
That’s a real choice that will need to be made by the individual but they aren’t stscking up at your door cause you got some old timers pump action gallery gun

That’s gonna either be a Red flag call, or cross referencing the data base on whatever they deem illegal and asking for you to surrender it

IMHO IANAL
Be free… while you still somewhat can

You make some good points. But saying the people that are acting like A-holes never contribute anything meaningful to this site is not entirely accurate, some of them do.

The frat boy initiation thing does get old after awhile. There are some that feel you do not deserve a worthwhile response until you hit a certain post count (whatever that may be).

And there are others that have no patience with what they consider a dumb question, and they will go after most anybody. Fortunately eventually someone will chime in with a helpful response, but by then the poster has been ripped to shreds.

And going green does help…………..

Per the F16 argument...I always laugh. The biggest weapon the government has against all of us is what I'm typing this on right now. Will AI development in the future, anyone that wants to attack or imprison you will know your habits and routine better than you will...

*The Taliban and Viet Cong have entered the chat*

*The Taliban and Viet Cong have entered the chat*

you really need to work on your timing- I just managed to spill half of my coffee through my nose... [laugh]

Btw, there is a reason why I put the "F16" in quotes - it just denotes a superior firepower- has no reference to the US as a country in any form and shape. I have never seen what any western military can do in real life. Thank God.

Back
Top Bottom