Need help with a BB gun.

The only reason I don’t is because I want to shoot in the backyard and see how well he listens.
I started with a good single shot break action .177 Crossman rifle with a cheap scope and a few cans hung from a string. You should be able to obtain that, and it’s a good way for your kid to develop trigger skills without any potential for flinching.

My sons 9th birthday is coming up and I’d like to get him a BB gun. I live in MA and nobody will ship here that I can find. I’m about a half hour from Nashua though and could use some suggestions as to places and models. Price isn’t really an object, but I don’t want something really dangerous. Just plinking cans and such.
there was a pretty good selection of pellet guns up at kittery trading post. take him there. some nice spinning target thingies too

Get him one of these.
View attachment 513378Win/Win

Ah yes. The soft glow of electric sex. LOL

Get one of those M4's that are full-auto. LOL. We got one for the boys a few years ago. They didn't use it nearly as much as I thought they would, but they had fun. Loading it is a PITA. "Dump BB's into hopper and shake." I shake for 4 days to get the damn thing filled. Back and forth, up and down, side to side, swirly figure 8's. It don't matter. The BB's don't like loading. ????

Every Tractor Supply Store ( PELHAM !!!) has Red Ryder BB guns.... call to make sure.... I'd go check for you but I am in FL til tomorrow night

They were selling this gem as well. Full auto of semi. Maybe not for a 9 year old, or maybe it is.

40E9hTP.jpeg

You make some good points. Multi pumps are probably a good way to go. Red riders were fun but hard to pump. When I was young I had to put the stock against my leg for leverage on a red ryder.
Can you get disability for Red Ryder Leg?

I still have a Crossman American classic from when I was the op's son's age. ... I still see them in walmart, bass pro, and cabelas.
also, the price seems to never change on them. Lots of memories of shooting bb's, pellets, and darts at a cheap dartboard we found at a yard sale.
We've got an "A" model (weird thingy instead of a legit bolt handle;
magnet-tipped bolt face for holding BBs).

I swear it's got the best trigger of any gun we own.

They were selling this gem as well. Full auto of semi. Maybe not for a 9 year old, or maybe it is.

40E9hTP.jpeg
Dude, your 9-yo will be telling you
how to strip and clean your AR's in short order.

Our somewhat older Nephew #2 got a Nerf AR for Christmas a coupla years ago.
As he was detailing the manual of arms for me on Christmas day,
I was trhinking, "so that's what that thingy on our AR-15 is for".
[rofl2]

I bought a pellet gun from them some years ago with no issues (shipped to MA).

I was in the Derry TSC and they had only one Red Ryder on the floor, so call the store you are interested in first.
Nice lady at TSC in carver MA said they get Daisy Products in late spring and generally is not restocked often.
I buy the zinc BBs when they are in stock

I had a lit of fun with a air soft pistol
Beretta 92 clone. Set up some carboard cut outs of various critters and random spots.
Shot about 2/3 through a large box of pellets and the pistol crapped out.
My friends son is deep into airsoft and was traveling all over for big matches.
I helped him crony and dial in his “sniper”
I was impressed how accurate it was. He was hitting 3” plates at 50 yards with boring consistency.
50 yards with a 6mm plastic ball? How?

After reading this thread I dug out my old Benjamin H9 pistol. It’s a little rusty, the wood is toast and the seals are shot. I started breaking it down and now it’s in a box as parts. I need to figure out what it will cost to restore.

Nice lady at TSC in carver MA said they get Daisy Products in late spring and generally is not restocked often.
I buy the zinc BBs when they are in stock
bumping a sort of old one, no need for a new thread.

you mention buying zinc coated bb's. are these considered better than the copper coated ones? CMP has 'match' bb's, but at $80 per 5k, it is expensive! just looking for some better accuracy in the back yard for critter control.

thanks to anyone for suggestions or replies

Back
Top Bottom