• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NESer Lynne - "Mother Mod" won't be down for breakfast

This makes me so sad. I've known Lynne since the 1980s when she worked at DEC. Lynne was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She was a re-enactor and excellent firearms instructor.

I know that she had serious complications a week or so ago, but hadn't seen any further info on her status since then.

My condolences to Ed and all Lynne's many friends, relatives and associates.

Bummer. I remember seeing that name around here. Was she the lady who drove a tractor trailer?

Sad. Before my time, but this place is what it is because of those early members.

RIP.

Ah man, I'm not quite as old a hand around here as others, but I remember her as a mod. Sorry to see another long timer here gone.

Bummer. I remember seeing that name around here. Was she the lady who drove a tractor trailer?
that was K-Dub - Anastasia. She is alive, well, and working as a cowgirl out in Wyoming. And occasionally still driving the big rigs, usually hauling hay. I "talk" to her all the time on FB.

I never had the pleasure of actually getting to meet her but we chatted frequently through PMs here years ago. She was a smart, kindhearted woman.

RIP Lynne, you'll be missed. 😓

Just looked at her account here. She signed up for NES in March of 2005 - beating me by two months, IIRC. And her profile photo is a cat saying "Don't make me release the flying monkeys!" - that was one of her favorite lines when a user would get a bit out of line!
I was just gonna say, one of them flyin' monkeys must of got her. Rest in peace Ma!
Always a sad day when a NES'r passes on. [sad]

Just looked at her account here. She signed up for NES in March of 2005 - beating me by two months, IIRC. And her profile photo is a cat saying "Don't make me release the flying monkeys!" - that was one of her favorite lines when a user would get a bit out of line!
RIP. first supper was at Fireflys? Derek, do you remember where that was?

RIP. first supper was at Fireflys? Derek, do you remember where that was?
We did have several at Firefly's, but the very first was up in southern NH somewhere. I have a vague impression it might have been at some kind of a Mexican restaurant?

Anyway, I found a folder on one of my backup drives labeled "NES badges"; IIRC, I printed out name badges for us because this was the first time we'd all met in person. I have Adam_MA, Derek, KMaurer (Sorry I forgot you were there, Ken!), LenS, Lynne, MrsWildWeasel, Nickle and WildWeasel. I'm pretty sure that Deena (LenS's wife) was there, and I know Marilyn (Nickle's wife) were there. I'm pretty sure that Ed Dube was there also.

Just for laughs... here are the avatars, in order.

Adam_MA
Adam_MA.gif

Derek
Derek.JPG

KMaurer
KMaurer.gif
LenS
LenS.jpg

Lynne
Lynne.jpg

MrsWildWeasel
MrsWW.gif

Nickle
Nickle.jpg

WildWeasel (and yes, MrsWildWeasel is married to WildWeasel - Sue and Glenn are good people. Sue was a moderator for a while, too.)
WildWeasel.gif

We did have several at Firefly's, but the very first was up in southern NH somewhere. I have a vague impression it might have been at some kind of a Mexican restaurant?

Anyway, I found a folder on one of my backup drives labeled "NES badges"; IIRC, I printed out name badges for us because this was the first time we'd all met in person. I have Adam_MA, Derek, KMaurer (Sorry I forgot you were there, Ken!), LenS, Lynne, MrsWildWeasel, Nickle and WildWeasel. I'm pretty sure that Deena (LenS's wife) was there, and I know Marilyn (Nickle's wife) were there. I'm pretty sure that Ed Dube was there also.

Just for laughs... here are the avatars, in order.

Adam_MA
View attachment 854966

Derek
View attachment 854967

KMaurer
View attachment 854968
LenS
View attachment 854969

Lynne
View attachment 854979

MrsWildWeasel
View attachment 854971

Nickle
View attachment 854972

WildWeasel (and yes, MrsWildWeasel is married to WildWeasel - Sue and Glenn are good people. Sue was a moderator for a while, too.)
View attachment 854973
It was Tortilla Flat in Merrimack. Deena wasn't there as she was at a business conference in Boston that day.

Amazing how you remembered the restaurant!! As I said, I wasn't sure if Deena had been there or not.
I've been to that restaurant a number of times since then. It is very close to 619DW and Deena and I last were there probably ~6 months before she was diagnosed with cancer, so likely Summer 2022.

Back
Top Bottom