New Acquisitions for April 2012

A RRA .458 SOCOM upper plus components to shot this monster.
4ce866cc-6ee8-f64f.jpg

That could get very expensive with a slidefire stock :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

A RRA .458 SOCOM upper plus components to shot this monster.
4ce866cc-6ee8-f64f.jpg

Question for you... the AR under that is under the 458, is that a JP VTAC handguard? I'm in the process of a 6.5 Grendel build and choose that handguard. If it is how do you like it and how was the installation?

1. I did used a Brownells vise block
2. I heated barrel & nut with a heat gun cause I don't have a torch.
3. It is a JP, the installation is simple: screw in the bn, slide on the tube then secure it with the provided screws. To me overall it's the most practical tube on the market.

3. It is a JP, the installation is simple: screw in the bn, slide on the tube then secure it with the provided screws. To me overall it's the most practical tube on the market.

Good to hear, I really didn't need or want rails at 3-6 and 9 for this build. So you loc-tite the big nut to the reciever first and after that sets up the barrel nut threads into that one...correct.
too bad about your upper but fortunately a replacement dosen't cost to much, just sucks about the finish however.

The install is pretty straight toward. I'll just repaint the upper/lower receivers.
4ce866cc-c723-73e2.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear, I really didn't need or want rails at 3-6 and 9 for this build. So you loc-tite the big nut to the reciever first and after that sets up the barrel nut threads into that one...correct.

That is correct. I put one on my AR I just finished and it was pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom