New Bow on Its Way

Ordered a Diamond Nitrous. Should be here in a week.
New Bow [party]
70# 28.5" 65% letoff
I'm not sure what to do with my old rig 'cause I still like it. Think it'll just be a backup(just in case.)

Thought I'd share. Just 'cause I'm all goofy with the thought of spring turkey [smile]

thats a nice bow. I am using a Darton now, but I am thinking about getting a diffrent one. One of my tree stands is near a persons drive way, and last year while pulling up my bow it unhooked and dropped on the pavement from about 4 to 5ft, and nicked one of the cams. It looks like I can file off a little of it and it should be okay, I shot a deer with it after it happened, but don't want to head into a new season with it like that.

Congrats on the new bow, I may need to do the same soon.

here are the ones I know of coming up. . .

Bay State Archers

March 8th @ Shirley
march 15th @ Westford
April 5th @ Concord
April 19th @ Fitchburg

Tri-County Archery

march 1st @ Wrentham
March 8th @ Fall River
March 15th @ Monument beach
march 22nd @ Marshfield
March 29th @ Easton

April 5th @ Independent
April 12 @ Standish (that's Easter Sunday)
April 19th @ Otis
April 26th @ Upland

congrats on the purchase

i sold my bow a while back since i had no place to shoot, but im slowly talking myself into getting another. i definatly miss it

Bay State Archers

March 8th @ Shirley
march 15th @ Westford
April 5th @ Concord
April 19th @ Fitchburg

Tri-County Archery

march 1st @ Wrentham
March 8th @ Fall River
march 22nd @ Marshfield
March 29th @ Easton

April 5th @ Independent
April 19th @ Otis
April 26th @ Upland

Besides a bow, arrows, release what else is need to participate in a 3-D match?

Besides a bow, arrows, release what else is need to participate in a 3-D match?

$10. If you've never been, it's pretty cool. You walk through the woods and there are 30 targets set up in the woods in "semi real" shooting situations. You shoot from a marked location and score points depending on where you hit the target.

anyplace on the foam is 5 pts
inside the big circle (organs) 8 points
inside the little circle (heart/lungs) 10 points

Most clubs have a good selection of targets- deer, elk, turkey, gator, bear, ram, etc

I also carry an arrow puller and some lube, some of those Mckenzies are hard to pull your arrow out of.

Its a good time, and a great use of a Sunday morning. It also get you use to hitting kill zones

Congrats on the new bow! I don't say it too much around here but I love my Bowtech as much as any of my guns.

I've never done an official 3D shoot either, but would be game for an NES group outing.

I'd definitely be up for a NES 3D shoot. I'm going to be traveling and I want
a week or two fine tuning the new rig before I head out.

But, post up in this thread if y'all are going to head out to any and once I'm good to go I'll holler.

I think it'd be a real good time putting a twist on the 'S' in NES by shooting some arrows with you folks.

Son of a bit.......
FedEx blew it. Supposed to have been delivered. Driver says no one there to sign. Call fedEx... "oh sorry. wrong address."
Can't b*tch too much though. Free shipping and the bow is the best thing to come out of store credit from merchandise returns, ever [smile]
I planned on tuning it up and taking it out yesterday and freed schedule room to sling some downrange. Now I don't have any time 'til Sunday.
I guess I just need to sit back and chill but I'm so goofy for this thing.
Even got two new sets of broadheads, 125 and 100's, to slap on my new carbon and aluminums and some more field points to slap on my older arrows from the same merch returns but I didn't have to wait on those. So now they just sit and taunt me [wink]

congrats on your new bow!!

i have new bow, but i need practice before i use it for hunting this year... i am not that good yet

it is a parker wildfire-- pretty cheap, but it should work [laugh] if i can get to using it soon

Son of a bit.......
FedEx blew it. Supposed to have been delivered. Driver says no one there to sign. Call fedEx... "oh sorry. wrong address."
Can't b*tch too much though. Free shipping and the bow is the best thing to come out of store credit from merchandise returns, ever [smile]
I planned on tuning it up and taking it out yesterday and freed schedule room to sling some downrange. Now I don't have any time 'til Sunday.
I guess I just need to sit back and chill but I'm so goofy for this thing.
Even got two new sets of broadheads, 125 and 100's, to slap on my new carbon and aluminums and some more field points to slap on my older arrows from the same merch returns but I didn't have to wait on those. So now they just sit and taunt me [wink]

This may be sacrilegious, but I get more excited over the thought of getting a new bow then the thought of a new gun.

I have shot a Diamond Nitrous and they are smooth. I think your excitement is definitely justified.

Bay State Archers

March 8th @ Shirley
march 15th @ Westford
April 5th @ Concord
April 19th @ Fitchburg

Tri-County Archery

march 1st @ Wrentham
March 8th @ Fall River
march 22nd @ Marshfield
March 29th @ Easton

April 5th @ Independent
April 19th @ Otis
April 26th @ Upland

Here are the Pioneer Valley shoots too

Pioneer Valley Bowhunters
2009 Shoot Schedule
March
15 - Chicopee Sportsman's Club
22 - Swift River Sportsman's Club
29 - Wales Fish & Game Club

April
5 - Nenameseck Sportsman's Club
12 - Easter
19 - Westfield Sportsman's Club
26 - Agawam Bowmen Club

May
3 - Fairview Sportsman's Club
10 - Springfield Sportsman's Club
17 - Pequiog
24 - Agawam Bowmen Club
31 - Nenameseck Sportsman's Club

June
7 - Granby Bow & Gun Club
14 - Nenameseck Sportsman's Club
21 - Springfield Sportsman's Club
28 - Wales Fish & Game Club

July
5 - Fairview Sportsman's Club
12 - Granby Bow & Gun Club
19 - Springfield Sportsman's Club
26 - Chicopee Sportsman's Club

August
2 - Pequiog
9 - Wales Fish & Game Club
16 - Fairview Sportsman's Club
23 - Granby Bow & Gun Club
30 - Swift River Sportsman's Club

September
6 - Labor Day
13 - Chicopee Sportsman's Club
20 - Westfield Sportsman's Club
27 - Springfield Sportsman's Club

October
4 - Agawam Bowmen Club
11 - Wales Fish & Game Club

TADA!!!!!!!!!!!

Large crappy pictures for all to enjoy. Man, I am like a little kid on Christmas.

Feels good, balance is a little off(easily remedied) and I need to work up the strings a little but damn she's hot [smile]

5w9jxh.jpg

2uny078.jpg

Last edited:
congrats on your new bow!!

i have new bow, but i need practice before i use it for hunting this year... i am not that good yet

it is a parker wildfire-- pretty cheap, but it should work [laugh] if i can get to using it soon
Thanks. that wildfire will drop whatever you aim at. Good luck. Watch out, you may find the bow in your hand instead of some other devices that use powder as a propellant [wink]

This may be sacrilegious, but I get more excited over the thought of getting a new bow then the thought of a new gun.

I have shot a Diamond Nitrous and they are smooth. I think your excitement is definitely justified.

How dare you suggest that! Here! On NES! I agree

Here are the Pioneer Valley shoots too

Pioneer Valley Bowhunters
2009 Shoot Schedule...

It'd be great to get some NES'ers out for these. I'm up for it. No doubt.

Congrats on your new purchase!

I love archery! Mine are all recurves though... Somebody needs to start a "Show us your bows thread!"

Congrats on your new purchase!

I love archery! Mine are all recurves though... Somebody needs to start a "Show us your bows thread!"

Thanks.
I have some trades happening in the next week that might have an older fred bear recurve in my hands.(Also, maybe, a new Martin Cheetah, too [smile]) I can't remember the model, but, when I shot it I was happy. It's a 45# RH laminated, that's all I remember. But it was like slingin' arrows when I was a kid; except much more accurate. [wink]
I like them all; recurves, longs, compound.
It's like my fishing rod and reel collection. Spans the spectrum and there's almost no tool I won't use.

Back
Top Bottom