New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

dude that was discussed in length already. [rolleyes] you got to get your SOG bitching on. [laugh]

we should film a parody.... i'll be will, you can be vince, Ray can be steph (since he has the long dark hair) your PPSh can be a piston driven AR....

guaranteed million hits on youtube

haven't been following this thread religiously... but has this come out yet?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-atf-william-hayden-firearms/#.Tw8u7fnNlS1

apparently the ATF put a hurtin on RJF, will lost his license and they had to put the co in Vincent's name?
now that he's gone two others have it (probably flem or charlie and joe?)
I that the conclusion of that was that it was Internet BS and there was some Facebook hacking involved?

I would not be surprised to we Vince leave though.

No, it is a true story. Take a look at the Louisiana Secretary of State's Corporation Database....Hayden still owns the Red Jacket trademark. The officers changed in 2010, when the story claims a deal was made with the feds.

RED JACKET FIREARMS, L.L.C. Limited Liability Company BATON ROUGE Active

Business: RED JACKET FIREARMS, L.L.C.
Charter Number: 40202398 K
Registration Date: 5/7/2010
Domicile Address
9653 MAMMOTH DR
BATON ROUGE, LA 70814
Mailing Address
9653 MAMMOTH DR
BATON ROUGE, LA 70814
Status
Annual Report Status: In Good Standing
File Date: 5/7/2010
Last Report Filed: 4/28/2011
Type: Limited Liability Company

Registered Agent(s)
Agent: VINCENT GORDON BUCKLES
Address 1: 9653 MAMMOTH DR
City, State, Zip: BATON ROUGE, LA 70814
Appointment Date: 9/27/2010

Officer(s) Additional Officers: No
Officer: JOSEPH WHITNEY MEAUX
Title: Member
Address 1: 9653 MAMMOTH DR.
Officer: VINCENT GORDON BUCKLES
Officer: CHARLES RILEY WATSON

That's the thing, the more I learn about guns, the less I think of that entire crew. The only time my interest gets peaked is when they're making big rounds, or when they're blowing stuff up.

Half of their builds are mounts, which don't need a gunsmith to figure out, just a welder. Then again, they still suck at making mounts. Let's take an example, the injured veteran, they made him a mount on his quad for the Saiga, but the damn thing is on a fixed mount when I think it needed something like a mini gun would have on a chopper and not just swivel on a point.

Did they really hit that tent with a high explosive mortar, or just fill it with propane and spark it?

I just googled their address to see the area. Via street view, in 2008 the building their in now was a "car audio" shop. I thought "Red Jacket" has been in business at this location for a long time?

Did they really hit that tent with a high explosive mortar, or just fill it with propane and spark it?

it's as fake as Snaggletooth shooting desert eagle which at closer examination turned out to be a Beretta and making grunting noises.

Did anyone thought about shrapnel? Those rounds looked pretty solid and if that explosion was real, there should be lots of bits and pieces flying everywhere. Plus I think that those lift charges were a tad underpowered.

Take the show for what it is, entertainment because it is so gay. It actually makes me laugh. ITS A GAME CHANGER!

Did anyone thought about shrapnel? Those rounds looked pretty solid and if that explosion was real, there should be lots of bits and pieces flying everywhere. Plus I think that those lift charges were a tad underpowered.

Lift charges are generally pretty small. Guys rebuilding 60mm mortar rounds use 20ga shotgun shells with a small amount of powder. So for a short range 82mm round you wouldn't need much more than that to get it a couple hundred yards. That's a practice round charge, it takes a lot less than you think.

And I did see them make HE rounds in addition to the multitude of dummies. It had the pin for the fuse and looked correct at initial glance. Now mortar rounds don't make huge fireballs so I'm sure they had some extra pyro at the target to liven it up if they did fire a live round.

Everything they shoot makes a fireball. Even tannerite doesn't. They use pyrotechnics for all the explosions. It's all television drama.

Concerning the "new military weapon" there is no way the military is going to buy a new rifle from such a small shop. Especially one who looses their FFL.

i think pretty much everyone on this forum would love to play with the all the toys they have....458 SOCOM AR's?? belt fed machine guns?? flame throwers?? grenade launchers?? c'mon....i think there is jealousy all over this thread. that kind of stuff is a MA gun owners dream!! everytime i watch that show i wish i could get my hands on all that stuff!!!! let's not discredit them over discovery channels' attempt to make firearms a little more interesting for people who wouldn't normally care. TV is supposed to be entertaining, right?? now Red Jacket loses credability because Discovery channel wants to make the show more interesting?? of course a .45 handgun won't blow a shed to smitherines, and i don't think their intent is to decieve the audience, they are just trying to increase the BANG factor (no pun intended) i personally love watching the show and think it's very entertaining.

Anyone else watching this episode right now? 1/18/12 9pm est.

I hate these people more and more every episode. Kris is dumber than a bag of rocks, seriously. I don't know how or why they do the things they do.

How can you screw up an AR build? a 6 year old can build one with NO experience, and the Adams Arms piston conversion has "most" idiot proof directions and easy to follow videos all over the interwebz..

When Kris "cleaned up" the rifle after it got to Vegas, he was putting the Magpul MBUS front sight ON the Adams Arms gas block, and I almost threw my TV remote through the screen. I seriously want to call Red Jacket on the phone to explain to him that going full retard on national TV week after week is just not cool...

Not to mention they had it taken apart to replace the disconnector spring, and didn't realize the "wrong" buffer.

Not to mention they had it taken apart to replace the disconnector spring, and didn't realize the "wrong" buffer.

My big thing is how they "play up" these "tight" deadlines.. When you got a SHOP and a RANGE (either n the back or close by) then WTF is the issue building and testing this thing front to back top to bottom before it ships out. Jesus, I could have built 10 of that exact rifle in the time it took them, and tested it. HELL I don't even HAVE a supressor but from the world wide web know the gas setting on the Adams Arms kit is 12 oclock for unsupresed rifles, and you have to set it to the 1 oclock, or 3 o clock settings depended on the barrel length and supressor....

I se a show like this, and say to myself, Shit, a few folks here on NES could get together and start a shop making BETTER quality guns and make a tv show.. hm maybe we should.. lol

Anyone else watching this episode right now? 1/18/12 9pm est.

I hate these people more and more every episode. Kris is dumber than a bag of rocks, seriously. I don't know how or why they do the things they do.

How can you screw up an AR build? a 6 year old can build one with NO experience, and the Adams Arms piston conversion has "most" idiot proof directions and easy to follow videos all over the interwebz..

When Kris "cleaned up" the rifle after it got to Vegas, he was putting the Magpul MBUS front sight ON the Adams Arms gas block, and I almost threw my TV remote through the screen. I seriously want to call Red Jacket on the phone to explain to him that going full retard on national TV week after week is just not cool...

[rofl][rofl] HAHAHA!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that picked that up. Every time I watch the show I keep saying "why hasn't Kris been fired yet".... he clearly has no clue how to gunsmith, or anything remotely close.

I would have been embarrassed if presented that as an "Engineered" rifle... they just slapped some parts on and called it custom. What a F*in joke.

haven't been following this thread religiously... but has this come out yet?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-atf-william-hayden-firearms/#.Tw8u7fnNlS1

apparently the ATF put a hurtin on RJF, will lost his license and they had to put the co in Vincent's name?
now that he's gone two others have it (probably flem or charlie and joe?)

Apparently, Will owned the company under "Red Jacket, Inc." When the ATF came to inspect the books, they were missing guns (apparently that's bad). So "Red Jacket Firearms, LLC" was set up in the names of Joe, Vince, and Charlie who now hold the FFL that RJ uses for the business.

When Vince bounced, allegedly the other two bought him out.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1267812_Red_Jacket_lost_ffl_.html

im watching that and said to my step dad, look the bolts not cycling when he fires it, its prob some setting on the gas block

but what do i know? ive only built 1 AR and he works for RED JACKET!!!

Back
Top Bottom