New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

At first i thought the how was a little hokey but i could deal, mind you i don't set my DVR to watch it but if it's on and nothing else is i'll watch it. Watching last night's show was like realizing wrestling was fake when i was 12. How can they act like they are making a "game changer" for a security firm out of and AR with a piston kit added on to it when companies like LMT engineered a piston gun from the ground up and is far superior than anything Kris can monkey-f%^k together. It baffles me they think they can compete with that, it was then i realized the show is 150% scripted and is BS.

does anyone else think this will end up like american chopper. vince will come back to face off against red jacket in a build off??

The show is good for identifying bullshitters though. Wait until your next social gathering when some dude who pretends to know his gun stuff is like "Wow, that Red Jacket sure is innovative with AR durability in the desert."

For the next season, Snaggletooth and Kris would file for divorce and have an entire season dedicated to custody battle for guns. Now that would be serious drama!

For the next season, Snaggletooth and Kris would file for divorce and have an entire season dedicated to custody battle for guns. Now that would be serious drama!

This all has to happen in two weeks.

I loved how they acted like no one has ever built A piston AR before. Hell they couldn't even fiqure it out! And anyone that knows how government contracts work knows not just one company shows one retired general a gun and gets a contract. Several companies would submit designs for considerations. And odds are it would not be the smallest company in the country that wins, they just would not be able to manufacture it as cheap as someone such as Colt ect.

Last edited:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1267812_Red_Jacket_lost_ffl_.html

will.gif

Last edited:
I loved how they acted like no one has ever built A piston AR before. Hell they couldn't even fiqure it out! And anyone that knows how government contracts work knows not just one company shows one retired general a gun and gets a contract. Several companies would submit designs for considerations. And odds are it would not be the smallest company in the country that wins, they just would not be able to manufacture it as cheap as someone such as Colt ect.
Just one of many editorial slight of hands in this series that they are counting on most viewers not catching... They seem to have a rather low opinion of their viewer's intelligence. Which, for most of TV makes sense...

I really have to wonder if RJ fully understood the implications to their long term business here showing the things that they do and the drama they manufacture? I know it is contrived, so I won't base my opinion of them on the show (other than the lack of judgement to do it in the first place), but any AR noob has to look at that and wonder if their rifle will be assembled by a monkey with the wrong parts and then dragged over the Tarmac before showing up?

I hope they got paid for the tv side. I also hope I am wrong and there is indeed no such thing as bad press...

Just one of many editorial slight of hands in this series that they are counting on most viewers not catching... They seem to have a rather low opinion of their viewer's intelligence. Which, for most of TV makes sense...

I really have to wonder if RJ fully understood the implications to their long term business here showing the things that they do and the drama they manufacture? I know it is contrived, so I won't base my opinion of them on the show (other than the lack of judgement to do it in the first place), but any AR noob has to look at that and wonder if their rifle will be assembled by a monkey with the wrong parts and then dragged over the Tarmac before showing up?

I hope they got paid for the tv side. I also hope I am wrong and there is indeed no such thing as bad press...

After seeing what some AR noobs recommend for manufacturers and actually purchase, i don't think RJ will take hit whatsoever, I've seen worse from manufactures with out TV shows.

Last edited:
After seeing what some AR noobs recommend for manufacturers and actually purchase, i don't think RJ will take hit whatsoever, I've seen worse from manufactures with out TV shows.
Point taken... Sad, but true...

I the era of a of a post 2008 $600 AR, this might not last long though... The market is getting crowded as evidenced by price. A great many ills are covered over by scarcity which no longer exists in this market.

Speaking of contrived though, to my point. I know Vince is not an idiot... So there is NFW he would not have fired the gun in full auto when he tested it. He knows very well that a gun that functions in semi may not run in full auto, particularly ARs after you mess with the gas system and the buffer.

So, my guess is that whole exchange was fabricated. He would have done a few rounds in the shop in semi and then ripped the rest of the mag off in full auto at a minimum. Frankly, if this really were a make or break gun for the company, it should/would have gotten far more testing than that.

monolithic upper? ahh.... so, no customizing your fore end in any way.....
doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of a Lego AR?

i'm thinking my zombie annihilator might need a piston... i mean.....
it's going to make it that much more reliable after TEOTWAWKI why not right?

Speaking of contrived though, to my point. I know Vince is not an idiot... So there is NFW he would not have fired the gun in full auto when he tested it. He knows very well that a gun that functions in semi may not run in full auto, particularly ARs after you mess with the gas system and the buffer.

So, my guess is that whole exchange was fabricated. He would have done a few rounds in the shop in semi and then ripped the rest of the mag off in full auto at a minimum. Frankly, if this really were a make or break gun for the company, it should/would have gotten far more testing than that.

I'm quite confident that Vince is not an idiot, given that I own a piece of their gunsmithing - a worked over Vodka Special S12. I can't speak for all of them, but I imagine that show is as about as unscripted as Mythbusters.

Yeah...Will treated Vince like shit for a few episodes now. How's that for gratitude. Dude helps setup a company to save your ass for your negligence as an FFL and you get pissed when he leaves when you treat him like that???

What a tool.

Yeah...Will treated Vince like shit for a few episodes now. How's that for gratitude. Dude helps setup a company to save your ass for your negligence as an FFL and you get pissed when he leaves when you treat him like that???

What a tool.

You know none of this is real, right?!

You know none of this is real, right?!

Whaaaaaaaaa?????

The interwebs lied to me again!

Doesn't matter if it is true or false...

Vince still got screwed over at the end of the day.

Really speaks to the management style or lack thereof.

Did we ever see Vince brought into the office by Will to see what was up? Seems like we the TV viewers were the only ones to see this. He was obviously going through something at home with his pregnant wife. Did Will step up and say, "Hey man, family comes first. Take some time to get your stuff squared away."

I didn't see that happen. No one else in the shop stepped up either...other then to say, "WTF is up with Vince?". Never went anywhere after that.

Back
Top Bottom