New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks;
Just joined after reading posts occasionally. I've been shooting and hunting for 16+ years now but do like the shooting more. Does anyone know of a 500+ yard range to shoot my Barrett?

Welcome 50 BFG, hope you enjoy it here.

Only range >300 yds that I'm aware of in Eastern MA is in Reading MA. A search here (set User CP to show "all threads") by using Advanced Search in gun ranges forum might find more info . . . I know this has come up in discussion before.

Hey, just wanted to say hi. My name's Jason, and I just found this site a couple of weeks ago. I just went and took my Mass. basic firearms course tonight and I'll be applying for my LTC next week. I'm 22, haven't been shooting since I was 15, so I have some lost time to make up for!

Hey all. My name is Tyler and I am from central NH. Got linked here from a comment on my blog and thought I would check it out. I am getting my concealed carry license in the next week and wanted to learn more about the gun culture.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say a big hello from California! Your forum was mentioned on our site (calguns.net), and it seems that we go through some similar troubles. Best of luck! I may post here occasionally (if I'm welcome.)

Now to the guns [smile] .

I presently own a Sig P226R in 9mm, Beretta U22 Neos, old bolt action 22LR Winchester, Mossberg 500, Yugo SKS, one fully built long range AR rifle, 2 more AR receivers, and an AK recevier [smile] .

Greetings from the opposite shore!

Hi there!
I go by the screen name Kestryll, I found your site when one of our members posted a link on my forum, calguns.net .

While looking over your site, the topics discussed and the issues you are facing I was struck by the similarities to the issues and problems we are facing here in California.
It is both comforting and sad to know that we are not the only one's fighting this fight. But on the bright side the more of us there are working at it the better the chances of turning things around!

This has me wondering, how many local forums are there out there dedicated to fighting for their State or region? We have found out here that the ability to coordinate with other in our State and with pro-firearm groups is a major benefit of forums like these.
One day all the regional forums are going to get together and the combined group effort will be staggering!
Sorry, slipped off into a bit of dreaming.

Glad to see others out there and stop on by calguns and say 'hi'.

Edited to add: It seems I've been beaten to the punch... darn kids with their fast fingers and actual 'skill' at typing... ;)

Hiya! 11Z50 here, another People's Republik of Kalifornia comrade from the left coast. Glad to have a chance to get to know you guys. I have spent some time in Philadelphia and Northern Virginia, but the closest I got to New England was Atlantic City!

Cheers,
11Z

Hi all I'm also from the PRC a variant of PRK.

I'm looking forward to learning all about the firearms laws of your state My wife and 5 year old son and I have been considering moving to your great state.

That is if the firearms laws aren't as bad or worse than those in the PRC

Keep in mind what Gene means is our politicians do this not us We love the freedoms we once had and are doing everything we can go win them back.

If SemiAutoSam came over, I had to also. We're here from California and your pain usually gets designed in our state... :)

-Gene

SO whats the lowdown on NFA Weapons there ? any state laws against ?

I'm having withdrawals from my previous life in Nevada when I was a FFL & SOT.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Welcome to our West Coast members! We hope you enjoy it here.

NFA is not my expertise, but I'll tell you what I do know:

- Silencers are banned here completely.

- Class 3 is allowed with a special mg permit. Very difficult to get, as many chiefs (totally discretionary on their part) refuse to issue them as a matter of policy. By law, one must either be a bona-fide collector (holder of C&R FFL meets this test) or a police firearms instructor to be eligible for the license.

- We don't have any public ranges in MA (at least none that I'm aware of), damn few sandpits to shoot in, 4 commercial ranges (gun shops with ranges) that I know of and I don't think there are any more than that, and probably ~150-200 private gun clubs. Most places ban or restrict the use of full auto (politically correct) and .50 rifles (some legitimate concern wrt backstops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom