New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello TLB and Andy (funbags)

Glad you both came across the site. Don't delay start the application process ASAP!
Look forward to seeing you both in the discussions.

So, I'm new to this site and have found it's forums quite informative. I've read several folks mention a map of MA cities/towns which labels them green or red, indicating level of difficulty in attaining a non-restricted class A LTC. Can someone lead me in the direction of finding this map? Tnx

Just joined today, I've been bumping around the site, and it seems like an excellent site to join. I'm looking forward to being apart of the group. I'm kind of new to firearms. I've only really been up to Manchester Firing Line a couple times. I just took my certification class, and I'm about to apply for my license in Malden.

Good morning,
New to the site and gathered your info after I joined a local range yesterday. I am licensed to carry in Ma and recenetly piuchased my first firearm. I grew up in a household that had rifes, shot guns and pistols and was taught the basics as a young girl. I always thought that having a way to protect myself/family was a wise idea, but it was the awful killing of the woman in N.H. last fall, and the wounding of her daughter that finally made me purchase a firearm. I haven't had much of a chance to look around this site and am working on setting up my profile. One question: how do I upload a picture?
There seems to be quite a bit of useful information here. Thank you.

Hello "Missing the NW." I too am from WA state, been here about 6 years. Living between NH and MA and just recently moved back to MA after 3-4 years...where everything is made difficult. From getting your drivers license changed over to parking permits to LTC permits. Good luck on your app, I'm picking up my app today! :) SHERA28

Wow look at all the new names : Welcome to shera28, Jenlm,and nightpoison

Glad to have you all on board.
I will look into getting you the link you speak of nightpoison.
Uploading a picture Jenlm is as easy as using the insert image button when posting. There is also a sticky on that on the forum

hope you all enjoy the site!

Hi, new member here. Took my class on Saturday. Today I did my police application interview. All on the computer. He told me he issues non restricted to everyone unless their are problems with you're background. Nice to be in a green town. I'd rather not say what town. So I am excepting no restrictions. Should be about 30 days. My birthday is late next month, so I should have a new handgun for my birthday. Leaning towards M&P9c or a j frame snub nose revolver. I have past military police experience, so not a complete newbie. Just a mass permit holder newbie.

My name is Arnold Bert Jr (my friends call me J.R.). I recently obtained my Class A LTC (restricted to sporting) in Brockton. I have been shooting since I received my first gun (.410 bolt action shotgun) at the age of 12. I spent 6 years in the military, I belong to the NRA. I found this website while searching for clubs to join to go shooting, this is by far the best website I have found and that's why I became a GREEN Member.

Hello J.R.

Glad you found the board - it certainly is one of the best for us here in the Northeast. Thanks for you military service and thanks for the support of the NRA and this forum.
Hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello everyone,

I currently reside in the South Shore and found this website via Google. There's a lot of good info here if people have the patience to weed through each thread and post. MA gun laws appear to be a gray area that rules against gun owners and serves as a deterrent against gun ownership - in my experience that is. I look forward to being a part of the NES community and strengthening our 2nd Amendment rights as citizens.

Hello ManBearPig,

You are right about the MA gun laws. Glad you found the site and thanks for becoming a member in support.
Hope you enjoy it here and see you in the discussions.

Hello all. My name is Jay and I recently filed for my class A LTC a little more than a week ago. I also found this site while looking for clubs and resources and have fell in love. I am an NRA member and I have already put a Smith & Wesson 1911 on hold for when my license comes in. I am curdsny looking to join Worcester Pistol and Rifle or Auburn Sportsmans club (leaning toward Worcester mostly due to 24/7 indoor range access) I would welcome and apprciate all help and advice!

Hey Jay,

Best of luck on the LTC.
I love my SW1911 :)
I am sure others can help you along with questions on the two clubs.
Enjoy!

hi my name is ray from the webster ma. area became a registered member in march2010 ,and liked this site so much i signed up to become a member ,this is a great site ,lots of info here , i have been afirearms enthusist much oe my life ,my main reason that brought me to NES is this mass compliant bull****,not only has it drove up the price of used and sometimes abused hand guns its also not allowed us to choose what we would like to buy as a new hand gun but anyway just thought i should say hi oh i am a bad speller.

Hello all, my name is Ryan and I recently moved to CT from AZ for law school. I am a former 1/75 Ranger Sniper that has taught for the last couple of years at GPS Defense Sniper School. It is taking a bit to get used to the gun laws out here, but I am settling in to CT quite well. I joined because this looks like the place to get connected to the North East shooting network and I have a few firearms that I might sell.

Hello Ray and Ryan,

Awesome to have you both join us here. Thanks Ray for becoming a member - you will see the benefits for sure.
Ryan I am still trying to get used to the gun laws here and I have lived here all my life.
Hope to see you both in the discussions - Enjoy the site.

New member here.

Live in Ashby, have 4 boys, recently took the class at Mass Firearm School with my older boy. Ex-military, grew up with guns, couldn't have guns with the wife. Not in the picture anymore, so getting back into it and going for my Class A.

Hello Eddie,

Glad to have you return to the hobby. Enjoy the site - I am sure you will.
Thanks for your service. Hope to see you in the discussions.

Hi, my name is Eric Cifelli. I grew up on Cape Cod and now live in Topsham Maine. I moved here while in the Navy and have lived here since 1993. I was discharged in 1997 and still work for the Navy as a civilian electrician. I love all Boston sports and of course guns. Some in my collection include an M1 Grand, M1 Carbine, Ar15, springfield 1911, springfield XDM 40 cal, and Ruger SR9C. Many others in the collection. Found the site from ar15.com

Hey everyone, another new guy here. I was told of NES by my brother who is oldsoldier29 here on the board.

I'm an Ac .mil guy and though I grew up in MA I now live in WA state. I do quite a bit of shooting out there and I am a pretty active member on some other forums like Lightfighter and M4C. Most of my shooting is tactical based and aside from work shooting I also attend courses through groups like LMS Defense.

Thanks.
Op4

Hello Op4-

Thanks for your service, glad your brother sent you over to the forum here.
Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

hello to all. recently acquired my MA LTC Class A and have been lurking on this site researching as much as i can.

Using the search function, reading through the classifieds and getting ready to make my first purchase.

Any good advice on what to purchase for personal defense would be greatly appreciated. I live on the cape, have visited a couple of gun stores, going to the powderhorn today.

thanks and have a great day.

sam

Hello Sam,

Welcome to the forum. Personal Defense varies from person to person. Take into consideration your build (ability to conceal), # of rounds, caliber, auto or revolver.
I think you can't go wrong with a SW 642 w/ crimson trace grip :) But thats just me

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for awhile but finally decided to join. I live in CT and have been shooting rifle and shotguns most of my life but just recently got involved with pistols. I shot my first IDPA event 2 weeks ago at the Hartford Gun Club and I am now hooked. Thanks for all the great information on this site.

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for awhile but finally decided to join. I live in CT and have been shooting rifle and shotguns most of my life but just recently got involved with pistols. I shot my first IDPA event 2 weeks ago at the Hartford Gun Club and I am now hooked. Thanks for all the great information on this site.

Welcome. Glad to have you with us.

Back
Top Bottom