New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello FlyingDan,

Glad you found the board - It is a great resource with awesome members
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi All,

Just signed up recently. My safety instructor for my class at MFS recommended the board and I have found a lot of useful info already. Submitted my LTC A paperwork and have anywhere from 30 days to 7 1/2 weeks remaining :).

-K

I'm very impressed with the wealth of information here. Doing the research now to make sure I do the right things to apply for an LTC A in Framingham.

Hello T4T3RS4L4D and Staro,

Glad to have you both on the board. Good luck with the LTC process.
Hope to see you in the conversations :)

Hi, My names Jeff northshore MA local guy. Newly into firearms hoping to have this forum and a new membership soon to help me educate myself properly. :) -jeffg

Hi, Names Bill and I'm a gunaholic, I,ve had CWP in NYS since '94. I've lived on the VT border my whole life, Got 2 great sons now applying for their permits, their guns will come off my permit, wish this wasn't the case but in NY the paranoid liberals are in charge (can't have my guns on their permits or vica versa) that would be too American. I wrote a letter to the judge, requesting he change this. I know he's a gun owner and grew up in VT (we went to the same school K-12) hope he remembers where he came from, some of us are still there.

Hello Jeff and Bill,

Thanks for coming into the welcome thread. Glad to have you both here.
I hope to see you join in the discussions.

Hi, I'm from Nashua, NH, and I stumbled across this site while looking for some gun info. I'm glad I did because it is full of great information. I intend to spend a lot of time here.

Live Free or Die!

Hello Paparoo,

Glad you stumbled upon the site. As you stated its jammed with great content (and great people). Hope to see you in the discussions.

My Name is Nate, and I have been interested in guns/hunting for about a year. I traded a $50 motorcycle for a Remington 710 while I was out in Arizona for school last summer, and I just completed the Hunter Education class last night. the pistol class is to come next saturday. I live in Haverhill and will be looking to join a good gun club once I get my LTC/FID. any suggestions?

*edit*
Of course, the gun is in the care of a qualified individual until it becomes legal for me to have it.

Hi "new" to site ,(been lurking for a couple weeks) and I got to say this site is awesome! don't have my ltc yet but am applying soon,have learned tons from this site.joined just to support the great community here

Hello Nateo and BDL,

Hope you both complete your applications and get licensed as you have stated your in the process. Best of luck
Nateo I am local and can show you around HHRG when your ready to do so.
Thank you both for going GREEN and helping support this great forum.

Enjoy and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello Nateo and BDL,

Hope you both complete your applications and get licensed as you have stated your in the process. Best of luck
Nateo I am local and can show you around HHRG when your ready to do so.
Thank you both for going GREEN and helping support this great forum.

Enjoy and hope to see you in the discussions.

I will definitely take you up on that offer! Thanks

Saying Hi
Found this forum via the gun safety course I took in Dec. Live in Milford MA and just applied for my LTC this morning. I found it Odd that they read the App for my Class A and didn’t ask a single question! Took my pic and finger prints and told me they would call in about 4wks when it came in.

Now don’t get me wrong, I was perfectly fine with not being grilled by the Sergeant as to why I wanted a Class A, but I thought they would at least asked a few question. I have been reading all the horror stories on this site and though for sure I was going to recite some constitutional verse or beg for the mercy of the Chief, but I won’t count my chickens just yet, I wait until my license is in hand 

Hi everyone!

Just moved to Methuen after 5 years in the Marines. Originally from Washington (the state) and found this site while trying to decipher the Mass gun laws.

This site is great, I will be going green soon.

As soon as I get my LTC (class B for Methuen) I can bring my M1 Garand and Kimber Pro CDP II back from Washington.

Keep up the good work NES!!

hello!

Checking in and saying Hi

New member to NES, but not to shooting. First LTC was issued in 96. Shoot handgun, shotgun, smallbore rifle, and highpower (AR15). Looking forward to Eastern Mass again this year.

Member of MRA and Reading.

Just purchased my first Glock (26) from Carl. OMG...awesome.

Oh yah...my husband got me in to it [wink]

Hello

Just wanted to say hi! I have been looking all over the web for a G26, and that is how I found this site. I have owned a G17 for about 12 years, and had no idea that there was so much hassle trying to buy a Glock here in MA. I did have LEO ID back then, so I guess that is why I may not have had a hassle. I have located a couple in the few shops that I have been into, but as I understand it is going to cost me about $300 more to buy w/o LEO ID.
There are some great discussions here, and a huge classified section. I guess I'll just be patient, and keep my eyes open.
I have enjoyed reading alot of the threads, and can't wait to learn more!

Hello Amazon and Stvbo to the forum,

Thanks for your support Amazon, the whole forum appreciates it.
We all feel your pain on the Glocks here in MA - keep your eyes out and you will get what you want.
Enjoy!!

Hello, everyone. I live in western MA and received my LTC Class A (Sporting) a few months ago. Currently trying to discuss removing the restriction with the local department. I know a few people who have done this with success, so I have my fingers crossed. I used to shoot .22 rifles in Boy Scouts, and hadn't shot since until my parents got into shooting. Between enjoying the recreational aspects, and the idea that it will likely never get any easier to obtain a license, I decided to apply.

I was introduced to the forum by a fellow member, and returned a few times via google searches.

Welcome to NES, my home slice.

Hello, everyone. I live in western MA and received my LTC Class A (Sporting) a few months ago. Currently trying to discuss removing the restriction with the local department. I know a few people who have done this with success, so I have my fingers crossed. I used to shoot .22 rifles in Boy Scouts, and hadn't shot since until my parents got into shooting. Between enjoying the recreational aspects, and the idea that it will likely never get any easier to obtain a license, I decided to apply.

I was introduced to the forum by a fellow member, and returned a few times via google searches.

Hi Everyone!
I'm in Boston and I am new to the forum as well as new to the world of firearms I just completed my Mass Cert/NRA Basic Pistol Class, but havent out in my LTC App yet. I'm a terrible shot so I need some help getting my marksmenship skills better so that I can try to pass Boston's marksmenship test to get my LTC

Hi Everyone!
I'm in Boston and I am new to the forum as well as new to the world of firearms I just completed my Mass Cert/NRA Basic Pistol Class, but havent out in my LTC App yet. I'm a terrible shot so I need some help getting my marksmenship skills better so that I can try to pass Boston's marksmenship test to get my LTC

Welcome.

PM sent.

Hi Guys:

Been lurking for a while, finally to decided to join. I am not licensed, yet, and intend to further my research here before proceeding with the process (I live in a B-ramming town). I currently enjoy target shooting in the backyard with my air rifle and I am a strong supporter of the Constitution. I am looking forward to the ruling in McDonald v Chicago and the change that I hope is coming to our state as a result.

Regards,
TLB

Hey everybody,
I'm new to New England. I've been bouncing around the country over the past year, and have settled here in CT. (Florida to California to Connecticut) Anyhow, I'm glad to meet everybody, and hope there'll be a ton of info to pick up as well as cool people to meet. I've been shooting for about 6 years now, and competed in IDPA matches in Florida, but since leaving its been hard to understand the gun laws, so I havent competed in a while. In Florida, I carried for two years, and am proud to say I never had to draw my weapon once (God willing, a record I take to my grave).

I joined because about a month ago, we had a Monday off from work. I've been here for 2 months now and havent gone to the range since, so I wanted to send some lead on my day off. Well, thankfully no ranges were open near me. I was all packed up and ready to go, and was calling around to find an open range. After a few calls I realized that it wasnt going to happen that day. That night I was looking up CT gun laws and discovered that you need a CCW Permit just to go to the range, and that I could have been charged with a felony. This is something completely new to me. I didnt know there were states where concealing and transporting were thought to be the same. Thank god for random inconveniences. Now, I'm in the process of getting my permit, so in a few months I'll be able to go out and shoot.

Anyhow nice to meet everyone.
Cheers,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom