New guy in New Bedford

Hey guys,,, just wanted to say hi. Very cool to find a ham forum here. I've been pretty much out of the game for the last 15 years or so, and sold most of my equipment before I moved east in 2004 from Missouri. I do still have an HT, but it hasn't been off the shelf in years. I got into amateur radio when I was about 14 or so and was very active on the 10 & 2 meter bands back then. My most favorite thing was QRP on 10m, with my old Kenwood and a Moonraker IV. I still have a box full of QSL cards from all over the world from those days. Great fun. Then career and eventually a family took over and it just didn't make the priority list. [thinking]

If any of you guys are active on a 2 meter machine around New Bedford, let me know and I just might have to dust off the HT and see if I can remember how to use the damn thing.

Jake, KB1ODA

Hi Jake. Welcome to NES! I'm in a hole on the north shore and can barely hit the Boston machines, but there's guys here that will be happy to help you blow the dust out of the mic. You picked a good time to find this forum. It seems to slow down in the summer and pick up in the winter while it's cold and dark outside.

Bob
ab1lt

Welcome...I might be able to hit a repeater down there from the house. Let me know and we'll see what we can work out. I'm sure that we can get a few people on here to give it a try.

Let me know when and which repeater. I think I can get down there.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'll dust off the HT this weekend and see if I can get a couple local repeaters programmed in and report back soon [wink]

Back
Top Bottom