New Hampshire Non Resident Carry Licenses

Fill out app, include $20 (maybe $26 i forget), copy of Mass LTC

Wait a few weeks. Card comes in mail.

Could not be easier.

The application actually tells you what to put for the reason for issuance:

"A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES."

Put one of the two and your all set. I put All Proper Purposes.

My $100 check got cashed on Tuesday. I've heard stories of people waiting a long time (8+ weeks) to get their license. I think the backlog still exists.

The application actually tells you what to put for the reason for issuance:

"A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES."

Put one of the two and your all set. I put All Proper Purposes.

The instructions say "A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these
reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New
Hampshire."

I don't think they really care. I bet they'd give it to you if you wrote both of them.

The instructions say "A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these
reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New
Hampshire."

I don't think they really care. I bet they'd give it to you if you wrote both of them.

Seems to me (not a lawyer) that protection is just one of many lawful purposes. What about hunting, target shooting, etc?

For what it's worth the instructor at the Sig academy in Epping advised us to put all lawful purposes.....

Seems to me (not a lawyer) that protection is just one of many lawful purposes. What about hunting, target shooting, etc?

For what it's worth the instructor at the Sig academy in Epping advised us to put all lawful purposes.....

It really doesn't matter. Just echo one of the reasons in the statute that applies to you word for word on the application. "All proper purposes" on the application is fine according to the statute. If you pass muster, the NH license is issued for all purposes no matter what you put.

I'v been waiting since may 16th, any updates on turn around.... I know the new fee's $100 seem to be processing first. If you call the department of firearms for info are they cooperative?

Do not over think this. They don't care what you put on there. Once you get it, you can do with your pistol whatever you want so long as it is legal.

Let's just say you have to jump through more hoops in Maine, plus, the last time I renewed (this year) it took about 2 months to get it. When I called about it, the nice lady explained they were swamped with new lic. requests due to the "Obama factor". [grin]

Yeah, 10 pages worth of hoop jumping. I printed it out today. I guess I will spend part of tomorrow filling out the ME and NH apps and send them in. Oh yeah, have to go and get a 2x2 pic for ME.

Back
Top Bottom