• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New resident in New Hampshire recently bought my own home and am employed in New Hampshire looking for assistance on owning a firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently purchased a home in New Hampshire and I am also employed in New Hampshire. I am looking for legal advice on how to purchase a firearm

Currently purchased a home in New Hampshire and I am also employed in New Hampshire. I am looking for legal advice on how to purchase a firearm
In your home state of NH go pay, no waiting, bring it home. No permit required to carry on person.
Can't buy pistol from out of state without going through your local NH ffl.
Ordering online, have it sent it to the local FFL you've introduced yourself to and asked if you could send it to them. Pay for transfer and do paperwork. Leave with purchase.
ETA: IANAL and I wouldn't consider anything you get on forums legal advice.

Last edited:
Once you have proof of residency, you can go buy a firearm at any FFL. (NH driver‘s license, state issued ID, passport, social security statement, some places will even accept utilities or mortgage statements with their name and address on them, and of course, a NH Pistol and Revolver permit). NH is constitutional carry, so no license is needed. Just proof of residency and you cannot be a prohibited person in NH or any other state.

Last edited:
Here's a stupid question since I'm looking at owning in NH in the next few years:
If you own a residence in NH and in MA, but you keep your MA drivers license/MA residency, is it still easy-peasy to purchase firearms in NH?

This whole "residency" thing seems stupid. If I own property and pay taxes, I should be a resident...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom