New Haverhill LEO/ turnoaround time?

Hi all,

Haverhill has a new Detective processing the LTC's. He's Detective Fred Corthells. (sp?)
Very nice guy, very helpful. I'm just wondering if anyone's applied for a new LTC in Haverhill since he's been there. I know Haverhill used to have a quick turnaround time. Det. Corthells told me 4-6 weeks, I'm just hoping that's accurate, as I have two guns already lined up and waiting for me, one of them already paid for! It will have been 4 weeks on this Friday.
Anyone with first hand knowledge here?
Thanks all,
Jeremy

Just as long as it says restrictions: none that's all that matters [grin]

I'd rather wait 2-3 months fors a city taking their time to get a non-restricted permit than i would 4-6 weeks for a city just banging out target and sport restricted licenses.

How long has this new LEO been serving in this capacity? My buddy from Haverhill got his at "OMG HOLY SH--!" speed 6 or so mos ago.

Update: Det. Corthells called me today. He said my license was approved by the state. He's just waiting for it to come in the mail. It will be 5 weeks to the day tomorrow.
I'll update when it comes in!

Just got the call - license is IN and ready to be picked up!
I reserve all-out celebration for when I pick up the license and make sure has no restrictions!
Hopefully I can pick up my gun tonight, slip it in the SmartCarry and away we go!!

Yeah, I definitely plan on doing the trigger job; I've read alot about it. Do you know how many pounds your is now?
I think I saw on his website, is it $125 for a trigger job?

Yeah, I definitely plan on doing the trigger job; I've read alot about it. Do you know how many pounds your is now?
I think I saw on his website, is it $125 for a trigger job?

around 5 lbs. I didn't pay $125, I think it was more like $89 but he had it done in a day. There are a few other great gunsmiths in the area other than Dave Santurri, LaRocca (LaRocca Gun Works) and Greg Derr, to name a few.

I was just awarded my LTC-A permit, but I was told it is restricted to home and target use because of my driving history....I have LOTS of speeding tickets (about 25 in 20 years) zero DUI's, BUT, 90% of those tickets were when I was younger. I have been pretty clean over the last 10 years or so... Seems pretty bullshit to me. When I got the call from the officer to explain it to me, I was happy it was approved and a class A, so I didnt argue at all. He said at renewal (5 years?) I should be able to get the restrictions removed....does this sound plausible?

By the way, JayMac, congrats! Ive been checking my mail daily like a little kid to see if the permit gets delivered. Its been about 5 weeks.

I was just awarded my LTC-A permit, but I was told it is restricted to home and target use because of my driving history....I have LOTS of speeding tickets (about 25 in 20 years) zero DUI's, BUT, 90% of those tickets were when I was younger. I have been pretty clean over the last 10 years or so... Seems pretty bullshit to me. When I got the call from the officer to explain it to me, I was happy it was approved and a class A, so I didnt argue at all. He said at renewal (5 years?) I should be able to get the restrictions removed....does this sound plausible?

Muzzy - that sort of thing is unfortunately "SOP" for towns that lean on the redder side of the spectrum. You may be able to try and get an early renewal to upgrade if they are amenable. You may wish to seek out the assistance of an attorney before you lean on them a little to get the restrictions removed.

By the way, JayMac, congrats! Ive been checking my mail daily like a little kid to see if the permit gets delivered. Its been about 5 weeks.

Thanks Muzzy! I know the feeling about the mailbox! My detective called me when it came in, so I didn't have to wait any longer to get it mailed.Good luck with your appeal if you try to get the restrictions removed!

Good to see Haverhill is still Green :)

There was a whole stack on the desk when I got there and a whole stack the day before too, so we're going green and strong!!

Just picked up 6 boxes of WWB in 9mm @ Plaistow Walmart this morning too. I think there are only 6 or so boxes left right now...

There was a whole stack on the desk when I got there and a whole stack the day before too, so we're going green and strong!!

Just picked up 6 boxes of WWB in 9mm @ Plaistow Walmart this morning too. I think there are only 6 or so boxes left right now...

What are they asking price wise for those these days. I haven't had to buy any 9mm in a while.

I just applied for my LTC/A in Haverhill at the beginning of the month, detective Corthells seemed like a good guy. He said it should take about 6 weeks ( which puts me right before Christmas ) so hearing that it only took you just over 5 makes me that much more excited.

One thing I thought was interesting was that the whole application was done on his computer and I was just asked to sign a copy of it, also that I was never asked for any references. I'm currently enlisted in thr Army and have no record so I wasn't really worried, just thought it was interesting.

The whole process was fast, 20-30 mins tops with fingerprinting and casual conversation. One thing also to note was that he never asked ne once why I wanted one. I hope to find out soon but I'll let you guys know whenever I get it if any restrictions exist

I just applied for my LTC/A in Haverhill at the beginning of the month, detective Corthells seemed like a good guy. He said it should take about 6 weeks ( which puts me right before Christmas ) so hearing that it only took you just over 5 makes me that much more excited.

One thing I thought was interesting was that the whole application was done on his computer and I was just asked to sign a copy of it, also that I was never asked for any references. I'm currently enlisted in thr Army and have no record so I wasn't really worried, just thought it was interesting.

The whole process was fast, 20-30 mins tops with fingerprinting and casual conversation. One thing also to note was that he never asked ne once why I wanted one. I hope to find out soon but I'll let you guys know whenever I get it if any restrictions exist
You should be fine! My process was the same. No references needed. From our phone conversations prior to the meeting, he told me he would enter All Lawful Purposes as my reason, saying that it covered everything I mentioned to him. It actually took closer to 6 weeks. I had my meeting on a Tuesday, but he processes all apps on Fridays, so it was technically 6 weeks. Hopefully the holidays don't slow things down and you get it before X mas.
Good luck!
Are you joining HHRG?

You should be fine! My process was the same. No references needed. From our phone conversations prior to the meeting, he told me he would enter All Lawful Purposes as my reason, saying that it covered everything I mentioned to him. It actually took closer to 6 weeks. I had my meeting on a Tuesday, but he processes all apps on Fridays, so it was technically 6 weeks. Hopefully the holidays don't slow things down and you get it before X mas.
Good luck!
Are you joining HHRG?

Thanks for the info and the luck!

I am still shopping for Gun Clubs, I was heavily recommended to check out the Pelham Gun club. I guess they have a lot of ranges and are in the process of building a 600m range... Still on the fence though.

When I get the Mass LTC I'm gonna apply for the NH non-res just because I'm probably in NH more then I'm in MA... I heard they just raised the fee to $100 and it takes a while to get it though.

You are in the HHRG?

Back
Top Bottom