• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new keltec shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if the new keltec shotgun will be sold in MA? if so when & how much? i dont know why i want one but from the shot show pics i do!

Based on what?

It may be in MA but it also may not be legal.

??? no it's been determined. There isn't a single factor concerning that gun that could potentially cause it to be illegal in MA.

Why do you guys keep saying "legal" and "illegal" in MA? Whether its sold or not by dealers is whether or not it is MA compliant and the AG doesn't put their stamp of dis-approval on it.

Like M1911 said it is a pump action shotgun so the AWB does not apply to it and there is no way it can even be deemed high capacity since it is not semi-automatic.

Why do you guys keep saying "legal" and "illegal" in MA? Whether its sold or not by dealers is whether or not it is MA compliant and the AG doesn't put their stamp of dis-approval on it.

The AG horse-hockey only has to do with handguns. Long arms only need comply with the AWB for sale/possession. And, as you mentioned...it's a pump. There's no way it could be illegal to sell or possess.

I think this was discussed in the other thread, but basically the shotgun is AWB exempt, but the tubes may be considered post-ban LCFD's. Kind of like a using a post-ban magazine in your pre-ban AR. It's obviously a very grey area, and the chances of you being hung out to dry for it are slim, but the chance certainly exists.

Start at post #13 in this thread.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...assachusetts?p=1624457&viewfull=1#post1624457

Excuse me? The AG's handgun regulations govern handguns. The statutory consumer protection regulations govern handguns. Neither of those have anything to do with shotguns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom