"New York reload" Legal or not?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey everyone,

I have yet to find anything in MGL that states that the "New York reload" (carrying two or more handguns simultaneously) is legal or not. I would like to think that as long as both guns have 10 or less capacity mags in them, there would be no violation, but who knows in this wacky state?

Let the games begin... [thinking]

I've never seen anything in the MGLs (or any online references) which states that carrying more than one handgun in MA is illegal.

That being said, theres always the typical "Ayoobisms", but that type of thing seems to be mostly
the realm of fiction, most of the time. (EG, a prosecutor trying to argue that because you had brought
two guns, you were obviously "looking for" conflict, or some other rubbish.

-Mike

Agreed. The "unsuitable person" or "looking for trouble" spins that a prosecutor might put on a case notwithstanding. I was wondering if there's any hard and fast law that is on the books, either state or federal...

Thankfully I don't think they have banned carrying a backup gun yet.

Rest assured though that once they ban that the next step will be to make us walk around with our hands tied to our ankles so the bad guys can pump ....... on second thoughts, lets not go there [laugh]

Legal or not, could an anti-gun prosecutor use this against an honest citizen who has to use a gun in self-defense?

In this communist state, I would imagine that an anti prosecutor could and would use anything he or she could get their grubby little mitts on: (You shot the BG with reloads, so you must have made "killer" bullets". You had two guns on you, obviously you're a paranoid psychotic looking to get into a gun battle, etc...)

I created this thread knowing full well that in the highly unlikely event (knock on wood) that I was to have to defend myself in the PRM, I would be most likely dissected under the liberal microscope regardless of what gun I (or how many) I was carrying, what type of round I fired and most sadly of all, what the circumstances were. I just wanted to know if there was some particular law that very few people know or make reference to, given that packing more than one pistol is a rare occurence at best.

Thanks for everyone's input!

I just wanted to know if there was some particular law that very few people know or make reference to, given that packing more than one pistol is a rare occurence at best.

If you ever venture on to any of the "hard-core" firearms boards you might come away with the feeling that carrying less than two or more guns is real risky business.

Duly noted

Yup,

I've been on those boards and some of those guys are preparing for the apocalypse IMO. I'm hoping that things aren't so far gone (yet) that we all have to pack twin Desert Eagles everytime we leave the house. [grin]

No laws on how many guns, calibers, even rounds carried, capacity of mags (as long as they are pre-ban), color of gun, shape of grips, laser or not, etc.

A LTC-A/ALP allows you to carry a gun or guns, as you choose.

As you stated, if you ever have to use it, it is the prosecutor's "job" to try to put you away for life for having the audacity to defend yourself. Thus he/she will use anything and everything at their disposal to make you look like a vigilante who went looking for trouble and found it.

I created this thread knowing full well that in the highly unlikely event (knock on wood) that I was to have to defend myself in the PRM, I would be most likely dissected under the liberal microscope regardless of what gun I (or how many) I was carrying

Yep, but as the old saying goes it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I would never advocate doing anything illegal but if you are ever in the unfortunate circumstance of having to protect yourself or your family and you feel your/their life is in danger, I would hope you dont worry about legality, right to shoot, the impression that the weapon you use would have on a jury etc.

Do what you need to do to save the lives of your loved ones then call one of the fine lawyers that frequent this board, and trust them to do their job. It may cost you a lot if the scumbags family sues but what price can you put on life and the time you get to spent with family?

I'm pretty sure that if an anti gun prosecutor gets you in a self defense shooting court case, he'll have about a million things to use against you. FWIW, in the summer I often carry a .38 in the pocket in addition to the (deeply tucked and concealed) colt defender.

No laws on how many guns, calibers, even rounds carried, capacity of mags (as long as they are pre-ban), color of gun, shape of grips, laser or not, etc.

A LTC-A/ALP allows you to carry a gun or guns, as you choose.

As you stated, if you ever have to use it, it is the prosecutor's "job" to try to put you away for life for having the audacity to defend yourself. Thus he/she will use anything and everything at their disposal to make you look like a vigilante who went looking for trouble and found it.

To which my response is going to be:

"Counselor, I've been carrying a pistol for self-defense for over thirty years. If it's taken me THAT long to get to use it, I must be a pretty damn incompetent psychotic vigilante."

Regards
John

That answer will get you one of two things put away for life or a trip to your local padded cell. neither is a desireable outcome. And yes I know sarcasism whem I see it but will the jury

Fooped, your question was not BS. I was just trying to jerk Frosty's chain, and you were the unfortunate, unintended victim of collateral damage.

Sorry!

Yeah Fooped, Cross-X is one of those deadly assault lawyers who can jerk thirty clients' chains a second!

[rofl]

I was just wondering if you felt that you got an answer or response that helped clarify the situation for you and if it changed anything you might consider doing in the way of concealed carry. I thought your question was a good one myself.

Yeah Fooped, Cross-X is one of those deadly assault lawyers who can jerk thirty clients' chains a second!

[rofl]

I was just wondering if you felt that you got an answer or response that helped clarify the situation for you and if it changed anything you might consider doing in the way of concealed carry. I thought your question was a good one myself.

Yeah, Darius' aim isn't too good these days. My shoulder is just another example! [rolleyes]

SUUUURE you are, Counselor! [wink]

Frosty, you were lots easier to take when you were grievously wounded. I don't know that I can handle all your renewed pep!

DW, shouldn't you get back under your Dwarven bridge?

Nope, I don't do outside plant. Working in a school today (and I hopped on their wireless, too!) putting in a new phone system. Half the links folks are publishing today are blocked by their filtering software, too. [rolleyes] Not NES, fortunately, though.

Anyone remember the ads by John Bianchi where he wore a Tuxedo, and carried at least 20 handguns in concelement?

I always wanted to try that (Sans Tux) and see just how many I could comfortably carry. Without using Derringers, the best I could do was 15. It never occurred to me, that might seem a little strange to someone else.

I often carry more than one, but hardly ever more than 2 nowadays. One for feral dogs and coyotes when I'm in the woods walking with my dogs, and a J frame .357 in case of 2 footed "dogs".

Back
Top Bottom