• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newsweek Writer Openly Attacks Millions of Gun-Lovers, Slaps Them with Disturbing New ‘Label’

Almost every single person I’ve ever heard of with an AR-15 has been a mass murderer,” Burleigh tweeted. “Based on Twitter sample the rest of them are scarily paranoid. Get on the right side of history.” She decided to tag NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and former Infowars correspondent Joe Biggs — whose parley with Swalwell had started this whole thing — along with (uproariously) “#gunsense.”

Obviously she hasn't even the slightest clue how many AR's are in the hands of the non-mass-murdering crowd.
Unless, of course, she is talking about all the AR's in the hands of various governments. "Government" has been history's biggest mass-murderers. In which case, I'd say more mass murder has been at the end of an AK than an AR.

Obviously she hasn't even the slightest clue how many AR's are in the hands of the non-mass-murdering crowd

Haven't you heard, there's been like 10 million mass murders in American so far... everyone that owns an AR or something similar.

Last edited:
I think I used to get people to buy Newsweek when I was in 5th grade for a fundraiser.
grit_1.jpg

130 million Americans own guns, the most popular rifle is the AR platform. The most conservative estimate would be a million ARs but we know many many more than that have been made/sold... Has she heard of a million mass murders? No?

Reminds me of the Pauline Kael quote about McGovern v. Nixon "but no one I know voted for him!" no shit in the circles you travel. If you don't know a lot of gun owners, and those you know are libtards/fudds, then yeah you're not going to hear about ARs except from the news - and the news NEVER reports on how common they are.

I was burning time Saturday while grocery shopping. I headed over to the magazine stand. Picked one up.......... It was $9. And it was half ads. I don't know how any magazine stays afloat nowadays.

Thats how they all stay afloat......the ads. They could give the magazines away as the money isn't in subscription or purchase price, its in the ads.

BTW, if I was going to spend $9 on a magazine, it would be one that would fit an AR or AK.;)

My wife started getting free magazines for her waiting room, years ago. She's retired and still gets them. I think they have to show a "Statement of Circulation", to prove to the advertisers that are getting what they paid for, so this is a way for them to document readership. Funny thing, in the last coupe of years, most of the trash mags, Time/People/ NewsWeak etc.....are arriving in triplicate! 3 copies of the same mag, to make their "circulation" look larger than it is!

Nina Burleigh is a genocider. The policies she publicly advances as part of her professional career have been the prelude to genocide numerous times over the generations, and her active role in achieving that goal makes her more directly responsible for it than the average AR owner is responsible for mass murder.

My wife started getting free magazines for her waiting room, years ago. She's retired and still gets them. I think they have to show a "Statement of Circulation", to prove to the advertisers that are getting what they paid for, so this is a way for them to document readership. Funny thing, in the last coupe of years, most of the trash mags, Time/People/ NewsWeak etc.....are arriving in triplicate! 3 copies of the same mag, to make their "circulation" look larger than it is!
Funny you should mention it - I get a ton of magazines I don't subscribe to... and I don't even have a waiting room!

Unfortunately with the population of of new faces in congress that agree with this mantra, the NRA and other organizations will be quite busy the next few years.

This is from a 20 year old interview with the alleged journalist:

A former White House correspondent says she was "quite willing to let myself be ravished" by President Clinton after she felt he had admired her legs on Air Force One.

Nina Burleigh, who covered the White House for Time, makes the confession in a Mirabella magazine essay on Clinton's attractiveness to women. It is a candid discussion of her feelings while playing hearts with the president and aide Bruce Lindsey in the plane's front cabin last year.
In an interview, Burleigh, now a New York freelancer, said she in no way felt harassed or pressured by the president but that it was "not unusual for women" to swoon over him. What is unusual, for a journalist, is Burleigh's sexually charged declaration of support for Clinton. "I'd be happy to give him [oral sex] just to thank him for keeping abortion legal," she said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-s...on/stories/medianotes070698.htm?noredirect=on

Do people still read magazines?

I'm pretty sure Newsweek has not been in print for several years. And I'm pretty sure for at least a decade before that, not many people read it in the first place. In a world of instant cable news, it became irrelevant very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom